• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Got What you wanted yet

THE Great GAMMA

Pre-Show Stalwart
Over the past couple of years wrestling fans on forums and wrestling sites have asked for the following things nagging like petulant children

Turn Orton Heel
Turn Cena Heel
Give new guys shots
We Want Ryder
PG Sucks (EEEE CEEEE DUB)
And now more recently everything concerning Bryan.

Lets see what we have gotten

Orton heel turn...Yes got that...aaaaaand the fans hate it. granted it wasnt the Orton heel turn we got before but it was what we asked for (Turn Orton heel...Not TURN ORTON HEEL AND LET HIM BE THE SAME CHARACTER THAT WAS A BAD GUY THAT WE TURNED INTO A FACE)

Turn Cena Heel..Not gonna happen anytime soon. but boo him anyway (That will show them)

Give new guys shots.....WIP....but we did get The Shield and Wyatts and Cesaro, Langston, Ziggler, Sandow so thats not bad and we Liked it....But remember what happened when We had Punk, Bryan and Ryder all in the ring at the same time with their belts?? We didn't care...

We want Ryder...Got that....lasted a month Hated it as soon as we got it

PG Sucks (EEEE CEEE DUB). WWE try'd to do something remotely risque with making fun of Lawlers Heart attack and We got upset. So we got it and we hated it.

And now we are on course to get the Daniel Bryan title win we wanted. How long till we hate what we have gotten?

PG Sucks (EEEE CEEE DUB). WWE try'd to do something remotely risque with making fun of Lawlers Heart attack and We got upset. So we got it and we hated it.

The Attitude Era is without a shadow of a doubt, the greatest era in professional wrestling history.

Let's say 90% of the Attitude Era was great.

The 10% was absolute garbage. In that 10% there's the Val Venis chopee chopee pee pee segment, the Mae Young giving birth to a hand segment, the Big Bossman - Big Show feud, etc.

We don't want the $#!t of the Attitude Era, we want the great of the AE.

Funny how Heyman said the exact same thing on Twitter and you sheeps keep reciting it.

"PAUL BEARER SUCKS BECAUSE HE'S DEAD!"

HAHAHAHAHAHA, OMG THAT IS HILARIOUS, NOW THAT IS WHAT I CALL ENTERTAINMENT.

Mocking the dead and real life tragedies is tasteless, especially when it's done just to give a fictional character some heat.

Good for punk, profiting off of dead people. What a noble man.

I think the smarter fans get that we'll never get what we want. Because what we want is the attitude era. The talent made the attitude era not the script. Look back on the greatest spots of the era. The script isn't that good, it was the delivery. But with all that being said we still have a voice & demand a better tomorrow. I don't see anything wrong with wanting more out of something we invest our time & money in. Even if that "more" is just more of us complaining. It works for them & it relieves tension for us & I don't get why people on this site can be so ignorant to the simplest things. It's no different than everyone rebelling against the WWE by booing the face or chanting for DB during a Batista match all the while being the same ones who are mad at Punk for doing the same thing. Rebelling against the WWE.

I tried to make a thread to stop nonsense threads like this alas it was in vain and the mods thought it was inappropriate so if they think threads like this is ok then let me respond.

Orton heel turn...Yes got that...aaaaaand the fans hate it. granted it wasnt the Orton heel turn we got before but it was what we asked for (Turn Orton heel...Not TURN ORTON HEEL AND LET HIM BE THE SAME CHARACTER THAT WAS A BAD GUY THAT WE TURNED INTO A FACE)

No fans didn't hate that Orton turned heel. They hated him turning heel but still playing second fiddle to Stephanie and Hunter.

Turn Cena Heel..Not gonna happen anytime soon. but boo him anyway (That will show them)

Fans boo someone because they don't like him/her or prefer the other guy. Shawn Michaels had some boo's when he was Champion, the fans turned on The Rock at Summer Slam 2002, and Trish was boo'ed in favor or Mickey James at WM22.

Give new guys shots.....WIP....but we did get The Shield and Wyatts and Cesaro, Langston, Ziggler, Sandow so thats not bad and we Liked it....But remember what happened when We had Punk, Bryan and Ryder all in the ring at the same time with their belts?? We didn't care...

I have no idea what is actually your point. Punk, Bryan,and Ryder all had the titles together in a period lasting one month. None of them were in the same storylines at the time. And I have no idea what this has to with the Wyatts, Shield, Ziggler, and Sandow.

Fans were also offended during the Attitude Era with the storyline with Big Show/Bossman/ and The Big Show's father. I don't see what is your point.

There's a Ryder thread where I responded too ... read it please. It also has my point in what happened to him being pushed then pushed away.

And now we are on course to get the Daniel Bryan title win we wanted. How long till we hate what we have gotten?

As long as he stays popular and over. No one stays the #1 guy forever, Bryan's run may last 6 months or 5 years. No one knows, what's important is that the fans love him. Love him enough to voice their disappointment when he wasn't even in the Rumble.

i think the only reason people wanted an orton heel turn was so orton would be more entertaining and interesting again. after the heel turn recently orton has just kinda drifted along, not a hint of interesting or entertaining element to his character. therefore orton gets the same hate as when he was face

I tried to make a thread to stop nonsense threads like this alas it was in vain and the mods thought it was inappropriate so if they think threads like this is ok then let me respond.

No fans didn't hate that Orton turned heel. They hated him turning heel but still playing second fiddle to Stephanie and Hunter.

The please explain to me how his heel turn could of been done without us (as fans) Hating it??

Fans boo someone because they don't like him/her or prefer the other guy. Shawn Michaels had some boo's when he was Champion, the fans turned on The Rock at Summer Slam 2002, and Trish was boo'ed in favor or Mickey James at WM22.

So the 60% of the fans yelling Cena sucks prefer Damien Sandow or Christian to John Cena?? Then why do they not get the same reaction when they wrestle other people??

I have no idea what is actually your point. Punk, Bryan,and Ryder all had the titles together in a period lasting one month. None of them were in the same storylines at the time. And I have no idea what this has to with the Wyatts, Shield, Ziggler, and Sandow.

Did they have to be in the same story lines? The Ratings of the main event of that episode of Raw (19/12/2011) was one of the worst in recent times. The fans were clamoring for it and begging for those 3 guys to get pushed. And when they did get the push we (as fans collectively). As for the Wyatts, Shield et al... Us as fans are constantly begging for new talent to be made and pushed for Main event spots and these guys (well not really Ziggler any more) have all shown that they arte good enough to main event but we (Collectively again) have to be the ones to help push them. My point is when we (as fans) get what we (as fans) want. We (through our reactions) mess it up. and then we (as fans) blame the WWE.

Fans were also offended during the Attitude Era with the storyline with Big Show/Bossman/ and The Big Show's father. I don't see what is your point.

Oh right the same fans who say outrageous stuff about the performers and creative get offended by a segment that they felt went to far and then wish horrible things happen to the performers in that segment...riiiight like us fans have the moral high ground. You cannot acknowlege the best bits of a product and then ignore the worst bits. We either want the Attitude Era back (good and Bad) or we stick with the PG (good and Bad). My point: We complain about the state of the product. WWE TRYS to be a little more "edgy" to see how we take it. WE hate it and they go back to catering to their biggest demographic..kids. Point is regardless of what they put on our screens one way or another WE will hate it.

There's a Ryder thread where I responded too ... read it please. It also has my point in what happened to him being pushed then pushed away.

I shall read your reply.

As long as he stays popular and over. No one stays the #1 guy forever, Bryan's run may last 6 months or 5 years. No one knows, what's important is that the fans love him. Love him enough to voice their disappointment when he wasn't even in the Rumble.

If/When he gets the belt. he would of overcome the Authority twice in one night. (we have our payoff after months of support). He then should go on to beat Batista and Orton again. after which we will be bored or get the calls to Turn him Heel. (you heard it here first). My point: We will allow WWE to move him totally out of the title picture and into obscurity again because that is how we act when we get what we want. Whether we like to admit it or not. Stephanie McMahon in her tirade was right we back (or always back) the wrong horse. THE E (much like the House) always wins

Over the past couple of years wrestling fans on forums and wrestling sites have asked for the following things nagging like petulant children

Turn Orton Heel
Turn Cena Heel
Give new guys shots
We Want Ryder
PG Sucks (EEEE CEEEE DUB)
And now more recently everything concerning Bryan.

Lets see what we have gotten

Very bad thread.
-Orton is almost a forgettable character. I mean, he is THE CHAMPION, and no one cares about him. Heck, people care more about Batista than Orton. So yea, sure, we got Orton's heel turn, but nowhere near where we wanted. A heel turn is not just turn a guy bad, it's actually make him do stuff that we enjoy. This chickenshit heel forgettable champ is nothing we wanted.

-Cena being a heel. I won't even comment on this.

-What push are you talking about? Ziggler got a push? When was th... Ooooh you mean at that time where he was given the WHC and lost it 1 month later and was never seen again, right?
Sandow, let's see. He got a big push because he fought Cena and he was gonna be in the front s... Ooooh wait, you mean they had him fail on his cash in just so he drops his opportunity then they forgot about him. RIGHT.
They did a couple of thigns right, with the Shield vs Wyatts and Cesaro, and look at how awesome that was. WE WERE RIGHT ON THEM.

-I never liked Ryder, always found him stupid and talentless. I don't even know what amount of people wanted to see him in the spotlight.

-Who was butthurt by Punk and Heyman mocking Lawler's heart attack? If anything I was so excited and I was laughing the entire segment. Don't act like fans didn't like it. The outside media just found a way to hit on the WWE and of course some sheep fans followed them. Most of us though completely enjoyed it.

So yea, your thread is kinda stupid. But hey, we will get the huge WM moment with Bryan, so that's a given. What happens afterwards is directly linked to how they book Bryan. If they are gonna book him the same way like after Summerslam and not make him a tough champ, then of course it won't be as good tv.

I'm just hoping for an eventual heel turn at some point in like 6 months from Bryan. At the pinnacle of his popularity, where he is the ultimate cheered-everywhere babyface, he pulls the ultimate heel turn, a la Hogan. THAT would be good tv.

We will allow WWE to move him totally out of the title picture and into obscurity again because that is how we act when we get what we want. Whether we like to admit it or not. Stephanie McMahon in her tirade was right we back (or always back) the wrong horse. THE E (much like the House) always wins

Yet another person who thinks he knows what will happen in the aftermath of Wrestlemania with Daniel Bryan as champion. SMH...

That Lawler heart attack thing is a poor example. The WWE should have known that what they were doing was in horrible taste, and would have been even in the Attitude Era. That's not edgy...it's disgusting and lame. When something fails, like Ryder being a champion, that's mostly on the wrestler himself...but when the wrestler is capable of getting heat and doesn't (Orton), a good deal of that is on the way they're booked/written to perform on a weekly basis.

I think Daniel Bryan will be just fine, but then again, I have no more right to predict anything about his future reign than you do. Time will tell...as will the performances.

The please explain to me how his heel turn could of been done without us (as fans) Hating it??

What heel persona worked for Orton. 2009 comes into mind. I personally would prefer Orton as a heel and most do, heck even Orton wanted to turn heel.

So the 60% of the fans yelling Cena sucks prefer Damien Sandow or Christian to John Cena?? Then why do they not get the same reaction when they wrestle other people??

If I have to wager yes. I am now a Sandow fan but Christian has a long following ever since the attitude era. And we all know Christian, while not someone in the main event level, has always gotten support from the fans. And simply there are fans that do not like him same as my samples, Michaels, Rock, Mysterio, etc. all had their shares of boo's as well.

Did they have to be in the same story lines? The Ratings of the main event of that episode of Raw (19/12/2011) was one of the worst in recent times. The fans were clamoring for it and begging for those 3 guys to get pushed. And when they did get the push we (as fans collectively). As for the Wyatts, Shield et al... Us as fans are constantly begging for new talent to be made and pushed for Main event spots and these guys (well not really Ziggler any more) have all shown that they arte good enough to main event but we (Collectively again) have to be the ones to help push them. My point is when we (as fans) get what we (as fans) want. We (through our reactions) mess it up. and then we (as fans) blame the WWE.

Cena is the #1 ratings guy in the WWE to be sure. Remember Cena has been the main event guy for 9 years now that's longer than Hogan ever was on Top of the company. Ratings is always going to go down with Cena not being on the show, because 9 years has pretty much created a generation of fans programmed to think if Cena is not on the show, the show isn't as good. It's not the fans fault it's just the way the precieve the product. But Cena can't stay #1 forever or he can't keep carrying the load, Bryan, Punk are good options to be the #2/#3 guy in the company. They won't spike ratings immediately no one does (when Cena was drafted to RAW back in 2005, and after Triple H was sidelined and Batista was moved to SD. PPV buy rates on the RAW PPV's went down). It's not a knock againts Cena, it happens, fans have to get accustomed when new guys comes in at times.

Besides if we are going to talk about ratings and buy rates, explain how TLC 2013 only had 6000 more buys than Night of Champions 2013?

Oh right the same fans who say outrageous stuff about the performers and creative get offended by a segment that they felt went to far and then wish horrible things happen to the performers in that segment...riiiight like us fans have the moral high ground. You cannot acknowlege the best bits of a product and then ignore the worst bits. We either want the Attitude Era back (good and Bad) or we stick with the PG (good and Bad). My point: We complain about the state of the product. WWE TRYS to be a little more "edgy" to see how we take it. WE hate it and they go back to catering to their biggest demographic..kids. Point is regardless of what they put on our screens one way or another WE will hate it.

So "WE" is like what 100% all of us? I never had a problem with the Paul Bearer angle so your "WE" holds false. This is reality here, there are things people like and things people hate, and vise versa. Every segment will always have it's haters because not everyone likes the same things.

If/When he gets the belt. he would of overcome the Authority twice in one night. (we have our payoff after months of support). He then should go on to beat Batista and Orton again. after which we will be bored or get the calls to Turn him Heel. (you heard it here first). My point: We will allow WWE to move him totally out of the title picture and into obscurity again because that is how we act when we get what we want. Whether we like to admit it or not. Stephanie McMahon in her tirade was right we back (or always back) the wrong horse. THE E (much like the House) always wins

You are only speculating, like how many speculate that Bryan won't be popular in XXX months. And as it stands he's remained popular through this time. As I said before, will fans get bored of him? Yes eventually, you need to shake up the product eventually or else any superstar or storyline will start to get stale.

Right now the fans are happy that's great, it's the WWE job to make sure fans are happy. At this case WWE listened to the crowd, and why is that a problem. If WWE didnt listen to the crowd back in 1996, Austin would have stayed as a heel and Batista would never had gotten the World Title at WM21. I'm sure the WWE never regretted doing those things.

Though Batista's push that does hold parallel that fans started to boo him by 2006. But that's how the wrestling industry is, where fan interaction is very important in the product. Will it happen to Bryan, it's possible but right now he's popular so just run with it.

As for Stephanie being right that we always back the wrong horse. Austin, The Rock, Mick Foley, Bret Hart, Batista, Chris Benoit, Eddie Guerrero, DX. Yep these got over with the help of the fans and they were really the wrong horses.

Easy there killer. I think Orton is just the unfortunate champion during a time when fans are adamant about having Daniel Bryan be recognized as the king of everything pro-wrestling. He might be a heel, which I acknowledge was demanded of him, but he rarely does heel things. He's only really a heel now because he's the champion, and Daniel Bryan isn't. It would be silly to tell Randy Orton to be as good as he was because these are different circumstances today, but it would be nice if he did something more heel worthy than punching John Cena's smart ass Dad. What I wanted was more invested in Randy Orton's character, and I didn't get that.

I most certainly do NOT want Cena to turn heel, that would be a level of stupid on par with putting the belt on Jack Swagger. I hate John Cena, but it's an endearing hatred in that the ways that his character irks me make seeing him sell to someone else that much more satisfying. John Cena knows when his fans are outnumbered, and without betraying his fans he'll play to both sides of the spectrum. I have what I want, I have John Cena the goody two-shoes and I wouldn't want it any other way.

I personally didn't care about Ryder because it was damn near impossible to take him seriously, speaking on my own behalf. Having gotten Daniel Bryan and CM Punk as world champions in the same ring, I got what I could only expect to realistically have in my wildest dreams.

I don't expect new guys to be forced into the main event picture, I just want them to be used in interesting ways. Barrett is killing it for me with his improvised bashing of everything, Cesaro is being allowed to defeat current world champions, The Shield are the whole damn show some nights. I think I've gotten above and beyond what I wanted.

I wanted him to get the Hell off tv as soon as possible. That was one obnoxious fad that didn't appeal to me, and it passed without too much of an after-taste. He's gone, I got what I wanted.

Making fun of the fact that Jerry almost croaked on tv would be taboo no matter which era you were in. PG definitely reduces the amount of obscenities that people love to indulge in, but now from what I see the WWE is challenged to actually think through what they produce for tv. We're not likely to have to sit through half a show of Mark Henry getting whipped by Jacqueline and Terri Runnels, or HHH dry humping a pile of strawberry jam in an open coffin. PG is less entertaining for me, but I appreciate how it makes the show better in the long run. I got what I wanted these past few weeks, PG or no PG.

If you're asking me, uh, never. I'm a die-hard Daniel Bryan mark and I have no problem supporting him. I'm not trying to prove anybody wrong in their assumption that Daniel Bryan's popularity will fade, I really enjoy his matches. If Daniel Bryan doesn't win the belt, which I also want by the way, I'll be satisfied that I got what I wanted in Daniel Bryan main eventing Wrestlemania XXX. Hell, I know for a fact that HHH is going to do his best to put on a 5-star match for his return to the ring. All in all, I got what I wanted.

Some fans hate it, some enjoy it, some are indifferent to it. Personally, and this is only my opinion, I think Orton and WWE have become victims of their own successes. Randy Orton is a 12 time World Champion in WWE and half of those reigns took place before he was even 30 years old. Orton turns 34 about a week before WrestleMania XXX and he's been booked as a top guy so consistently for so long that it sometimes slips people's minds how young Orton was during his first push. Since he's been on top for so long, he's long since peaked. How can you keep a guy fresh who was a 6 time World Champion by the time he was only 30? I don't think you can. It's not really Orton's fault; in my opinion, WWE pushed him both when he was much too young and for much too long.

Personally, I don't think John Cena is "hated" by nearly as many people as there seems to be. Given that about 3/4's of WWE's audience is comprised of men over the age of 18 and considering that Cena continues to be a top money maker for WWE, I don't think there's all that many people who hate Cena. I've been at house shows in which grown men in their 30s and 40s cheer for Cena while 10 year olds boo him and vice versa. Booing Cena has become something of a tradition. I've seen grown men wearing Cena merchandise but still boo him because it's part of what's going on. Cena makes a lot of money for WWE, his feuds consistently draw interest and his segments are among the top drawing on Raw. Otherwise, WWE would've changed him a long time ago.

Personally, I was never a huge fan of Ryder. Ryder did have some fans but the guy was a flash in the pan. He was a momentary fad that people lost interest in very, very quickly. Nobody took Ryder seriously as making Ryder a main eventer would be about as productive as Santino Marella. Ryder's a hard worker and people liked him, but they never saw him as someone who'd be at the top. Ryder was something of a comedic character and fans don't take comedic characters seriously for long.

I know some want to paint the Attitude Era as the end all & be all of wrestling, but it really, really wasn't. Every match wasn't an epic, every promo didn't have you on the edge of your seat and every feud wasn't the stuff legends are made of. Not even close. For every great Austin or Rock moment, we got stuff like Al Snow talking to a mannequin head, Val Venis getting his dick "chopped off" by a katana, women parading around in G-strings and pasties covering their breasts, Vince "sexually harassing" Trish Stratus by "forcing" her to strip down to her underwear on live television, Linda McMahon being in a comatose state, Triple H masquerading as Kane and "having sex" with a "corpse" named Katie Vick, Vince McMahon stripping down to his underwear and "forcing" people to literally kiss his backside, championships changing hands as couple of times a month, Big Bossman interrupting the "funeral" of Big Show's "father & chaining the casket to the back of his truck before dragging it out of the cemetery with a sobbing Big Show being dragged along with it, etc. Believe me, it wasn't all gold; not by a long shot.

The Attitude Era did draw huge ratings, but the ratings started to decline once the Monday Night Wars was over. The WWE was down to drawing in the 3s many years before the company officially went back to a PG rating.

Personally, I hope Bryan continues to flourish. I'm a Bryan mark and I'm not ashamed of it. Hell, I like the guy. To me, he's a breath of fresh air in a main event picture that's needed a fresh face for a while. Maybe people will lose interest in him, maybe they won't. If they do, maybe it'll be after he's been on top for several years. It's difficult to say. However, very few wrestlers have gotten to be as universally over with fans the way Bryan has over the past 6 months. Bryan's already got his share of haters coming out of the woodwork just like every other main eventer in WWE over the past decade who aren't satisfied no matter what goes down.

I dont believe people hate Orton atm. It's just that his booking has been very weak and the whole Authority angle has been booked pretty bad after the first couple of RAW from when it started.
I still enjoy his matches and his intensity and he really plays the heel role to perfect and knows how to play up to the fans "hate" for him. Let me give you a clue, he's no taking the heat like Batista is.

The thread says "Got what you wanted yet", like we actually got everything we wanted and if we are satisfied. So why bring up the Cena heel turn?Are your arguments so weak that you need to insert the fact that we "failed" to turn Cena heel just so you feel superior? I dont get it?Ofc people wanna see Cena heel after he has been the superman who cracks poopy jokes for so long. It's only natural.

And yes they are giving chances to younger guys. Is that a bad thing? I don't get what you are trying to say? Most who fail, failed because of them. Sure Ryder was popular, but he was just a trend, a fad, he's a cheesy character, he's playing and portraying a character that is already old and beaten to death. Ziggler? Sure he's being held down purposefully but you can't have it all, I love Ziggler, but he's no CM Punk and he can't be that vocal in interviews and expect no repercussions.

Sandow?Poor guy, every chance he's been given he has shone(?) but they are really screwing him up at this point.

At least they are doing right by The Shield and Wyatts and hopefully Cesaro after WM season.
So again what's your point?

EEEE CEEE DUB?I'm sorry man, just cause you heard that shit on the forums from time to time doesnt mean people actually crave that. Almost nobody wants Attitude Era anymore, people have gotten used to PG. Plus what would an Attitude Era bring?Blood?fuck blood. Chair shots to the head? Yea you are a smart one arent ya?

PG is fine, as long as they have good storylines execute by capable people. If the booking is good then the rating doesn't matter.

Now Daniel Bryan. If people are gonna turn on him then they will turn on him. His advantage tho is that he isnt playing a character, he is himself basically. He is awesome in the ring, you can relate to him in a way, he is one of the most humblest people on the planet. He isnt playing a cheesy character that can't be taken seriously. Basically his only disadvantage is his size atm. Because I think his mic skills are actually very good, it's more about the material that he has. Yea he's no The Rock ont he mic but he can deliver just fine imo. I doubt people will turn on him fully. He's just way too over. People turned on CM Punk after he became champion but he was still over as a face and after his heel turn he was still very over as a face.

I know some want to paint the Attitude Era as the end all & be all of wrestling, but it really, really wasn't. Every match wasn't an epic, every promo didn't have you on the edge of your seat and every feud wasn't the stuff legends are made of. Not even close. For every great Austin or Rock moment, we got stuff like Al Snow talking to a mannequin head, Val Venis getting his dick "chopped off" by a katana, women parading around in G-strings and pasties covering their breasts, Vince "sexually harassing" Trish Stratus by "forcing" her to strip down to her underwear on live television, Linda McMahon being in a comatose state, Triple H masquerading as Kane and "having sex" with a "corpse" named Katie Vick, Vince McMahon stripping down to his underwear and "forcing" people to literally kiss his backside, championships changing hands as couple of times a month, Big Bossman interrupting the "funeral" of Big Show's "father & chaining the casket to the back of his truck before dragging it out of the cemetery with a sobbing Big Show being dragged along with it, etc. Believe me, it wasn't all gold; not by a long shot.

The Attitude Era did draw huge ratings, but the ratings started to decline once the Monday Night Wars was over. The WWE was down to drawing in the 3s many years before the company officially went back to a PG rating.

Maybe I'm the only one who was like this, but I actually liked parts of both WWF and WCW during the Attitude Era. So when these stupid segments that you are talking about were on (well some of them where after WCW folded) I just hoped a good cruiser weight division match was happening on WCW.

If you only exclusively watched RAW then I might agree with your point that the Attitude Era is overrated, but if you watched any WCW or ECW (if you could find it on) as well, that is what pushes it over as the best time for wrestling.

Ok so now that everyone basically missed my entire point and took everything at face value let me break it down.

Wrestling fans are probably the most fickle group of people and supporters out there. We (as fans) are the hardest people to please. Why do you think main stream sports fans and people who don't watch wrestling don't take us seriously. Talking about wrestling anywhere other than wrestling sites is taboo and people generally look down on wrestling fans.

Want to know why. Because all wrestling fans do is complain. Look at the other major sports in the US. Baseball for eg if you are a Red Sox fan you will always be a Red Sox fan and deep down you will only be. Red Sox fan. They "your" team. Wrestling fans?? Chop and change their favourites as much as they change underwear

Case in point about Orton and being heel. He isn't heel enough. They booking him as a weak heel. Fans got the heel turn they wanted but not the type of heel the wanted. (So fans complain)

The constant wanting a Cena heel turn: you can't read a single thread involving Cena (including this one) and not hear someone say he should be a heel. No I don't feel superior because fans failed to make him heel. I never mentioned my personal standpoint on Cena. But again Cena's heel turn (we complain)

Pushing younger talent. Do you actually think that WWE as a company wouldn't push someone if they can make the company money?? Holding people back in that regard is just stupid. Zack Ryder for example had crowds cheering his name. Till they saw him in a 10 minute match and they tossed him aside. That was WWE showing the fans that they are not always right. You bring up Austin it took Austin a year of build up from WM13 to WM14 with a lot less tv exposure to get over enough to get pushed as THE Man. And then after that he spent 80% of the time Chasing the belt. In an age of instant gratification (internet social media etc) we have forgotten how to be patient with younger talent. We complain that they are being held down or not pushed far enough. Have any of us thought that maybe these guys arn't ready to be pushed yet?? See Ryback...no?? (We complain)

PG vs Attitude Era as someone said the attitude era is seen by a lot of wrestling fans as the best period in the business. Only point out the good promo's beer baths, Foley of the Cell, The Rock talking about Pie. But never mention the downright atrocious tv that turned wrestling into a niche market. The Katie Vick saga. DX "raping" Stephanie. Undertaker Crucifying Austin. But folks loved the Attitude era. But make fun of a heart attack. That's too far. For shame WWE. So how about we have Goldust call his wife a ****e and tell his daughter to get stuffed on national tv (Now that is entertainment). Hell CM Punk said Lawler would of used that heat in a match between the two in memphis and have Punk go out and tell folks he Killed Lawler till he came back. My point just like Paul Heyman said "you get a little taste of some edgy tv and everyone is up in arms" we wanted it we said we did we got a smidge of it...(We complain)

Daniel Bryan. Personally I was (and still am a fan) of Bryan back when he was in ROH (Don't believe me check out my other posts concerning Bryan over the years). My problem now is he is getting this major push. Which we want. He has his title shot. Yes we want that. Chances are (if they have any sense) he will win the big one at WM. Yes Yes Yes.....but then what?? We will start complaining. Hell there are people complaining (on this very site) already and he hasn't won the belt yet.

That's what this thread is about. STOP COMPLAINING!!!!!!

Wish I had time to address the rest, but sadly enough I gtg somewhere right now. But I will say this: the idea that we're shunned by everyone else for complaining too much is simply ludicrous, ESPECIALLY in sports. Go to any popular forum about, well anything and you'll see plenty of complaints, as for sports to go to the ESPN forums (if this is against the rules I'm very sorry admins) and you'll see a TON of complaints. Complaints about how the team sucks, the owners are morons, the coach should be fired, X player is getting paid too much, Y player isn't getting enough playing time, Z should traded away, etc etc etc.

So please don't act like we're some kind of outcasts for doing stuff that everyone else does. Sure some of us takes it too far but we're hardly unique in that regard.

Wish I had time to address the rest, but sadly enough I gtg somewhere right now. But I will say this: the idea that we're shunned by everyone else for complaining too much is simply ludicrous, ESPECIALLY in sports. Go to any popular forum about, well anything and you'll see plenty of complaints, as for sports to go to the ESPN forums (if this is against the rules I'm very sorry admins) and you'll see a TON of complaints. Complaints about how the team sucks, the owners are morons, the coach should be fired, X player is getting paid too much, Y player isn't getting enough playing time, Z should traded away, etc etc etc.

So please don't act like we're some kind of outcasts for doing stuff that everyone else does. Sure some of us takes it too far but we're hardly unique in that regard.

Agreed, I am a huge fan of a certain pro Hockey team and if you go to the forums now it's no different from pissed off fans in Wrestling. Heck some who fans of that team call the fanbase the worst in the league. Then we have journalists calling gamers who play videogames as spoiled and entitles.

So yeah Wrestling fans are no different from gamers, sports fans, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back