• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Get Roman VS Lesnar at Summerslam

GOOZEKING

Getting Noticed By Management
We all know that wwe has planned Brock Lesnar vs Roman Reigns at WRESTLEMANIA 34 so Roman can have his 3rd or 4th coronation as the guy. I honestly am sick and tired of the idea and the fact that since that's the match planned Lesnar and Roman aren't losing a match until then. So I say get the match over with. Have Roman vs Lesnar at summerslam. So we can have the title on raw again on summerslam and Lesnar and Roman can have seperate feuds going into fall and into mania 34. Where we could get some new, unpredictable, and intriguing matches.

Or just don't have the match at all and start the slow build to Strowman dethroning Lesnar at Mania next year.

We all know that wwe has planned Brock Lesnar vs Roman Reigns at WRESTLEMANIA 34 so Roman can have his 3rd or 4th coronation as the guy. I honestly am sick and tired of the idea and the fact that since that's the match planned Lesnar and Roman aren't losing a match until then. So I say get the match over with. Have Roman vs Lesnar at summerslam. So we can have the title on raw again on summerslam and Lesnar and Roman can have seperate feuds going into fall and into mania 34. Where we could get some new, unpredictable, and intriguing matches.

A lot can happen in a year, injuries, brand trades any number of different things. I know that's what the rumour mill is grinding out now, but hopefully we won't have another year of the title going missing on us, only showing up now and again, and this match can happen at Summerslam. Would love to see Strowman against Lesnar.

For whatever reason, this match will be highly anticipated. Goldberg vs. Lesnar was one of the best received matches at WrestleMania this year and I simply do not understand why. WrestleMania weekend is filled with the smarkiest crowds of the year and Goldberg and Lesnar are the embodiment of the type of wrestler those fans usually shit all over. I'm bored with Lesnar and I've grown indifferent to Reigns, I've just accepted the fact that Vince's wishes will be done regarding both these guys and it's just a waste of energy bitching about it.

Vince wants Reigns to have his huge moment and the primary job of WWE's creative team is putting out ideas that Vince McMahon likes; if the rest of us like them then it's mostly a happy coincidence because catering to Vince is their real objective. So barring some sort of injury, doing something stupid to garner heat backstage that can't be ignored or flunking another drug test, Vince's grand vision is for Roman Reigns to defeat Brock Lesnar at the biggest show of the year for the Universal Championship what will probably be Lesnar's last WWE match; this way, Reigns gets to be the guy who not only retired the Undertaker but sent the Beast Incarnate packing as well. I think it's more likely we'll see Strowman challenge Lesnar at SummerSlam rather than Reigns.

So yeah, for the next year, we might as well get used to seeing Lesnar take care of business as usual; you know, wrestling 3 or 4 times a year and making $12 million doing it while simultaneously see Reigns tear his way through the roster in a year long build up. Sounds shitty to a good number of fans I'm sure but, again, it's all about giving Vince what he wants.

Roman Reigns has main evented 3 consecutive Wrestlemanias i.e 31, 32 & 33. Always on top at Wrestlemania. The upcoming Wrestlemania 34 ain't gonna be any different.

Something we don't notice is that Roman Reigns is always in midcard/upper midcard at Summerslam. Always. Nowhere near the main event. Next Summerslam won't be any different either. I could see him facing Braun Strowman for the third time and eventually defeating him. At Wrestlemania 34, the inevitable rematch between Reigns and Lesnar takes place where we know who wins.

Or If Vince wants both remaining rubs for Reigns in this year itself, we could see Reigns defeating Lesnar at Summerslam and John Cena at Wrestlemania 34.

Regardless of the event, it's going to happen soon. It's more about WHEN instead of IF.

I say Roman Reigns vs. Brock Lesnar at SummerSlam makes sense for the fact that WWE's logic seems to be that a slow build to WrestleMania 34 is going to do somebody some sort of benefit in this scenario. I simply don't know what that benefit is.

If the benefit is Roman Reigns gets his fourth straight WrestleMania main event, and third straight win, then that's it. But a slow build is NOT going to change people's opinion of Reigns heading into the event. If anything, they're going to be cheering for Lesnar again, which is ironic as others have pointed out, because Lesnar isn't the sort of guy those crowds cheer for.

Honestly, with the way things are going now, I think Braun Strowman beating Lesnar for the title, and having Reigns either beating Strowman one-on-one, or both of them in a triple threat match, is much better. Strowman gets a big rub (which he will eventually deserve, if he doesn't already), and Reigns gets the title that WWE desperately wants him to have. Reigns doesn't need to beat Lesnar, end of story really.

I'm all for Reigns and Lesnar at SummerSlam if it means we get a world title back on Raw sooner rather than later. I'm starting to get real damn bored of Lesnar and the way that he is booked as a champion, although I understand it's all business. The ideal situation would be SummerSlam, but regardless of that, Reigns will most likely be in the main event at WrestleMania anyway.

I seriously doubt Lesnar holds the title until WM 34.

Would they really go without the world title for a whole year?

There's also no benefit in a year long build. It wouldn't change anyone's opinion, and it's nowhere near the draw that Cena vs. Rock was.

Also how many more Mania moments does Reigns need? He retired Taker, beat HHH, and would have beaten Lesnar had Rollins not cashed in. A match with Lesnar at 34 would be four straight main events, and I don't think anyone has ever done that. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Edit - Okay Hogan got five straight from 5 to 9. However Reigns is nowhere near the star Hogan was. Maybe the match will happen at SummerSlam.

Get the match at Summerslam, Reigns vs Lesnar sells and if they want Reigns to dethrone Lesnar so badly, let them do it.

Even if Lesnar loses, Lesnar's final match with the WWE will sell no matter what. So yeah. Reigns vs Lesnar at Summerslam then Lesnar's final match at Wrestlemania.

Two birds with one stone. That way, Lesnar can put over not one, but TWO wrestlers.

Why not do this....

Reigns vs. Lesnar at Summerslam

Reigns recaptures the Gold with the assist from Ambrose & Rollins and they become the defacto heel faction on Raw (Like NWO).

Wrestlemania 34 slow build....
Roman Reigns vs. Finn Balor (WWE Title)

Then with Brock Lesnar you could have him face Samoa Joe at Mania

Get the match at Summerslam, Reigns vs Lesnar sells and if they want Reigns to dethrone Lesnar so badly, let them do it.

Even if Lesnar loses, Lesnar's final match with the WWE will sell no matter what. So yeah. Reigns vs Lesnar at Summerslam then Lesnar's final match at Wrestlemania.

Two birds with one stone. That way, Lesnar can put over not one, but TWO wrestlers.
I like your idea. This way, Roman Reigns gets Lesnar at Summerslam and then John Cena at Wrestlemania 34.

But what I doubt is that Lesnar will put over two wrestlers. I don't think that it would happen. We all know that Roman Reigns will defeat Brock Lesnar someday. If he should or not, that's something for discussion some other day. But I don't think that Vince will give anyone else the big rub of Brock Lesnar. I do have low hopes for Braun Strowman though. If Vince indeed lets another wrestler over Brock Lesnar, Braun Strowman looks the most feasible for that. I have zero hopes of either Samoa Joe or Kevin Owens defeating Brock Lesnar. I can't even dream about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back