Get Christopher Daniels for Season 3!

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone
Bryan Danielson went in season 1 and is already over - big time.

Joe Henning is on season 2, though sadly they aren't letting him keep his real name. Damn copyright bullshit.

For Season 3 of NXT, I think it's critical to the career of Christopher Daniels that he be an NXT "rookie," even in his mid-30's. After all, Batista debuted after 40.

Daniels had a falling out with TNA, but showed that he has a strong work ethic and in-ring skill. Bringing a familiar TNA face into the fold for Season 3 would stick it to the Hogan / Flair / Bischoff tandem who are trying to float by with older guys and WWE "rejects," while also snatching up a legit talent.

The questions are - would Daniels, after all he's been through in TNA, humble himself to be called a "rookie" in NXT? And would Vince and Co. give a TNA guy a shot like this?

Bryan Danielson went in season 1 and is already over - big time.

Yep, Season one was for the most part a vehicle for Danielson, with Barrett upstaging him at every oppertunity. Being the star fo a show tends to get you over.

Joe Henning is on season 2, though sadly they aren't letting him keep his real name. Damn copyright bullshit.

Yeah, Michael McGillicutty is a fucking stupid name. They could have come up with sometihng better [Forename] Hennig would be a start.

For Season 3 of NXT, I think it's critical to the career of Christopher Daniels that he be an NXT "rookie," even in his mid-30's. After all, Batista debuted after 40.

I disagree. It'd be the only shot he has of making in WWE, but I don't see it as essential to his career. FOr a start he could make enough on the indies to live comfortably, or go to an international promotion. And I agree, he's not too old on rexperienced to be a rookie.

Daniels had a falling out with TNA, but showed that he has a strong work ethic and in-ring skill.

Yes, he's quite a tallent. Worth having. He could teach Justin Gabriel to do an STO properly, for one thing.

Bringing a familiar TNA face into the fold for Season 3 would stick it to the Hogan / Flair / Bischoff tandem who are trying to float by with older guys and WWE "rejects," while also snatching up a legit talent.

It would work with the whole 'anything you can do we can do better' approach they've been taking of late.

The questions are - would Daniels, after all he's been through in TNA, humble himself to be called a "rookie" in NXT? And would Vince and Co. give a TNA guy a shot like this?

I don't see why he wouldn't put up with it. He dressed up as Curryman for a year. Being called a 'rookie' is hardly the most demeaning thing bookers have had him do. ANd as for the second question, yes they would. WCW guys have been pushed to the top (see: Rey Mysterio, Eddie Gurrerro, Steve Austin, HHH and Chris Benoit) and Kaval himself is an Ex TNA guy who's likely to be given a strong push.

WWE have never expressed any intrest in Daniels before, so I don't know why they would now he's become available.

I'm sure Daniels would humble himself by appearing in WWE. He's been on around the indy scene long enough to know that as grueling as the WWE schedule might be, it'd be worth his time working there even if it's only for a few months.

The myth that Daniels was something special was from several years ago, that's now been debunked. He's 40 or close to, with a small physique and he bombed with TNA fans when that company tried to push him to the next level. TNA fans will accept almost anything, but Daniels as a legitimate threat to a 50 year old Sting, nah.

I think that whatever possibility there may have been for the WWE to be interested in Daniels has pretty much passed. I think Daniels is pretty talented in the ring overall, I've enjoyed most of his matches, but hiring Daniels really doesn't fit in with the youth movement that's going on in the WWE. Daniels turned 39 a few months ago and while being nearly 40 certainly doesn't mean that he can't contribute meaningfully, it does change your perspective a bit.

Daniels spent a lot of time in TNA, pretty much since the beginning and working the indy circuit. And, to be honest, I don't think Daniels would go very far in the WWE now. While the story of a 40 year old NXT Rookie could potentially be an interesting storyline, I doubt Daniels would be around for the long haul.

Daniels would be great for Season 3 of NXT. Besides his obvious talent, it would be a huge F U to TNA.

Putting former TNA stars on NXT is just as good as saying, "You've done nothing so far. Your past (including TNA) does not matter." (See Daniel Bryan angle).

If it is ever offered to Daniels he should jump at it. It may be his last chance to really make it big.

There's an error in your post IC, Batista debuted in his 30's as well, he's 41 right now.

I'm not sure whether WWE will be getting Christopher Daniels, I'm guessing they would've already gotten their hands on him if he was any of their interest.

That or WWE has realized from the things Daniels has done through his career, that he's not exactly main event material, but that might just be TNA's mistake and me considering the fact that he couldn't main event in a minor promotion, that he shouldn't be considered main eventable in WWE.

But that's not keeping me from thinking they could do something with him, he could become a good mid-card talent, but NXT is obviously there to create new future stars, and I sincerely doubt that Christopher Daniels will be considered a potential future star in WWE.

On and off note, wouldn't Kaval be considered season 2's version of Bryan Danielson?

There's an error in your post IC, Batista debuted in his 30's as well, he's 41 right now.

Late thirties. Close enough though.

I'm not sure whether WWE will be getting Christopher Daniels, I'm guessing they would've already gotten their hands on him if he was any of their interest.

Very true. If WWE wanted him, they'd have already got him. Indie stars they think highly of have a tendency to get signed eventually. Look at Bryan Danielson and CM Punk. THough atmitedly, Danielson did take another few years before they signed him.

That or WWE has realized from the things Daniels has done through his career, that he's not exactly main event material, but that might just be TNA's mistake and me considering the fact that he couldn't main event in a minor promotion, that he shouldn't be considered main eventable in WWE.

Agreed. Daniels isn't ME material right now. No reason that they couldn't make him so though. WWE is far better at building people up than TNA is. But his inability to do so in the minor leagues is one hell of a black mark in his record book.

But that's not keeping me from thinking they could do something with him, he could become a good mid-card talent, but NXT is obviously there to create new future stars, and I sincerely doubt that Christopher Daniels will be considered a potential future star in WWE.

I doubt that Darren Young or Percy Watson were thought of as MEers either. But yes, his shelflife is too short to be worth taking to the main event and pushing hard.

On and off note, wouldn't Kaval be considered season 2's version of Bryan Danielson?

Yes. Yes he would.

Joe Hennig gets a mention before Low Ki? That's a bit of a shocker, IC. But I digress.

As for Daniels, I'd love to see him on NXT. I've never viewed him as the black sheep that many on here are coming to. Compared to some of the guys he's associated with like Joe and AJ (who still get endlessly praised), I'd suggest Daniels is a cut above. For one thing, he has the ability to cut a natural promo. Couple that with a good look and competent ring skills, and he's certainly a catch in my book. I'd go as far as to say I'd take him over any of the season one rookies, including Danielson.

Would they give him a chance? I don't see why not. When indy darlings like Danielson and Punk are getting the shot that people said they'd never have, anything is possible.

As for the people saying he's too old, I don't see an age limit on NXT. So... take that for what it is.

Late thirties. Close enough though.

Batista debuted in WWE in 2002, at age 33, he tried to get into the wrestling world with WCW power plant in the 90's then going to the Anao'i brothers wrestling school in the 90's so he debuted in the business before age 30.

Very true. If WWE wanted him, they'd have already got him. Indie stars they think highly of have a tendency to get signed eventually. Look at Bryan Danielson and CM Punk. THough atmitedly, Danielson did take another few years before they signed him.

I read somewhere about Bryan Danielson that he said no to the bigger promotions for a period of time due to him wanting to keep doing what he did in the ring, not wanting to become limited like WWE tends to do.

CM Punk is another thing although, I do agree about that, he is definitely an early sign, but a great sign nonetheless.

Agreed. Daniels isn't ME material right now. No reason that they couldn't make him so though. WWE is far better at building people up than TNA is. But his inability to do so in the minor leagues is one hell of a black mark in his record book.

True, they could very well make him main event material, but do you really think he'd cut it there? I haven't watched a Daniels promo, but I'm told he has some crappy charisma.

I doubt that Darren Young or Percy Watson were thought of as MEers either. But yes, his shelflife is too short to be worth taking to the main event and pushing hard.

Indeed, but look at them, they were trashed, they're not on the main roster, a guy who is a absolute future star, Wade Barrett is on the main roster.

Yes. Yes he would.

Thanks for that.

Batista debuted in WWE in 2002, at age 33, he tried to get into the wrestling world with WCW power plant in the 90's then going to the Anao'i brothers wrestling school in the 90's so he debuted in the business before age 30.

shows how wrong I am.

I read somewhere about Bryan Danielson that he said no to the bigger promotions for a period of time due to him wanting to keep doing what he did in the ring, not wanting to become limited like WWE tends to do.

I was thinking more along the lines of him and other indie stars getting tryout matches on Heat and Velocity. I believe he said no because he actually makes more on the indies than the low tier tallent (which he'd be) who dont get to go on PPVs, rather than any wrestling reasons.

CM Punk is another thing although, I do agree about that, he is definitely an early sign, but a great sign nonetheless.

Indeed he was. His tryout match with Val Venis was pretty good too. But then, Val has mastered his match layout (You work my knee. I come back. Then we do the finish), and is one solid motherfucker, so it wouldnt have been anything else really.

True, they could very well make him main event material, but do you really think he'd cut it there? I haven't watched a Daniels promo, but I'm told he has some crappy charisma.

He's more charismatic than AJ, Hardy (either of them) or Danielson, has a pretty spot (BME); and is good enough in the ring to hang there. If they pushed him right, gave him some good angles and made it believable, then he'd certainly cut it there - for a time at least.

Indeed, but look at them, they were trashed, they're not on the main roster, a guy who is a absolute future star, Wade Barrett is on the main roster.

They could do the same with Daniels. The great thing about NXT is that you get to throw a bunch of guys with potential at a wall and see what sticks. If he works, they can keep him. if not, cut him like a depressed emo.

Thanks for that.

No problem.

shows how wrong I am.

No problems, I wouldn't have been able to say much about it had it not been for Wikipedia, I knew he was going to WCW power plant and the Anao'i wrestling school, but I forgot what year, and I knew he debuted in WWE in 2002 although.

I was thinking more along the lines of him and other indie stars getting tryout matches on Heat and Velocity. I believe he said no because he actually makes more on the indies than the low tier tallent (which he'd be) who dont get to go on PPVs, rather than any wrestling reasons.

I remember that match on Heat with John Cena, good match to be honest, but I don't believe it was more than a one or two night performance thing.

But on the other hand, I do believe I heard something about Bryan Danielson getting try-out matches for a potential contract, but ultimately was dumped by WWE, I could be wrong although, but I have heard him state not wanting to go to the bigger leagues because he didn't want his move set limited.

Indeed he was. His tryout match with Val Venis was pretty good too. But then, Val has mastered his match layout (You work my knee. I come back. Then we do the finish), and is one solid motherfucker, so it wouldnt have been anything else really.

I never watched the one with Val Venis, but I did watch the one with John, good technical match on both peoples side, thats what made me impressed with Bryan.

He's more charismatic than AJ, Hardy (either of them) or Danielson, has a pretty spot (BME); and is good enough in the ring to hang there. If they pushed him right, gave him some good angles and made it believable, then he'd certainly cut it there - for a time at least.

As I said, I wouldn't be able to tell really cause I never heard a promo with him, merely heard rumors, but I definitely agree that he has the in-ring abilities, but then again I guess it also comes down to his size, but even that there's a counter for: Chris Jericho.

But I do remain believing if he ever got into WWE, he'd be stuck in the mid-card with after a lot of years, a world championship title would be graced, and graced is all there is to that, or like Eddie Guerrero, one world championship max.

They could do the same with Daniels. The great thing about NXT is that you get to throw a bunch of guys with potential at a wall and see what sticks. If he works, they can keep him. if not, cut him like a depressed emo.

That's very true, but as I stated just above, Daniels would most likely become only a one time world champion, he would never be considered a future star, he wouldn't be considered the guy that WWE would rest their future in the hands of, especially due to the fact that he has wrestled for so long, he's an older guy, and as opposed to what the majority (if not all, I never checked their ages) of the NXT rookies had, a young age.

I'm not a fan nor am I a hater of Daniels, but I think that this is a very good idea that would make for an interesting story. Imagine it: An older wrestler trying to get his last shot at success in the big times by going through NXT. If he's paired with a young pro holding him down at every turn (Ted DiBiase, if we want a change from the Miz) it could be the ultimate underdog feel-good story. It's one that has been seen a million times, and it still has life in it. It could be great.

However, WWE has shown no interest towards Daniels, and Daniels has shown no interest towards WWE. I wouldn't mind seeing that story, but I doubt it will happen. I can dream, though.

WWE could easily shoot him into a major heel spot. Have the rookies complain about him not being a rookie, and that he had experience. Then, he can win the competition and become a huge star on Smackdown.

If this were to happen I would actually tune into NXT every week. I have always been a huge fan of Daniels and I was gutted when him and TNA went there seperate ways and I would love to see him on my TV again.

Daniels is a phenomenal wrestler and I am actually a fan of his promo's. He can speak clearly and get his point forward, he sounds natural whilst speaking and nothing is forced. He would be a couple of notches if not more higher than the rest of the rookies and could easily win.

There could be plenty of stories with him, he could go the heel route and say that he has more experience than the rest of the rookies and deserves to win. If you add in a young and popular pro then it could be even better. He could also go the face route as Doc suggested earlier and have Ted DiBiase as his pro or even someone like Zac Ryder (which I think could be a great tandem).

It's a shame that I doubt this would happen as he isn't young as he once was and WWE never showing interest in him but in the world of wrestling you never say never.

This would be a cool thing to see. I personally think that Daniels would do great on the show cause he cuts great promos and is able to make an akward situation into a funny moment, I dont think we will ever, ever see Daniels in the WWE but hey, never thought id see Low Ki or Danielson in the WWE either so lets keep our fingers crossed.

Sorry to burst your bubble but there will not be a NXT season three. This season will last until mid to late September then Smackdown is going to be the only WWE show on Syfy. The idea of having Daniels in WWE is great but I don't think that it will happen. As stated above WWE has never had any real interest in him and with all the new talents getting over right now they don't need him.

Like wolfman said I doubt there is a season 3 of NXT, unless they move it to a different station or just have it be a WWE exclusive type thing. Now if there were to be a NXT3, I'm not so sure Daniels would get the nod. Like others have said the E hasn't show interest in Daniels in the past, so why start now. I've never been a fan of Daniels, in fact he has always bored me in the ring and I just can't get into any match that he is in. So it would be a negative for me if he were to be there, as I just don't like the guy.

If they go that route I'd see it more of a shot at TNA than showcasing Daniels. It would say "hey your pros are our rookies". Now I'm sure Daniels would be the darling of the show from the IWC, but like I said I'm not a fan, so it would bore me in the end. In retrospect it is a good idea, as there is always that one guy (Danielson and now Low Ki) that has been dubbed "one of the best wrestlers in the world" and I would guess that Daniels would fit that.

Simple question to the OP....Why?

From TNA pro to NXT rookie?? It doesn't make much sense, i don't think WWE are even interested in his services...and if they did sign him, they would debut him properly, not as a rookie...i think it's a terrible idea, but hey its my opinion...

I would love to see Daniels in NXT season 3, he really is one of the best in ring performers in the business, always has been. He would be great in matches with Punk, Jericho, Edge and Mysterio. What do you think his name would be in NXT?

Daniel S Christopher?????

There's two schools of thought on this:

Firstly I would have to say that WWE doesn't want to associate itself with TNA's history, or anything to do with the company as they feel that they would be promoting it, when they hired Kaval, Loki or Senshi as he was called in TNA they never mentioned his past with TNA or Ring of Honor, instead they started him off from scratch, a wrestler with a wealth of experience is being called a rookie.

If they could do this with Kaval I think they could easily do this with Daniels, the only thing thats holding Daniels back is the fact that he is over the age of 30 and even though he moves better then most X division/cruiserweights, would it benefit the company to have an aged athlete into the same position as Bryan?, how many years could they really get out of Christopher Daniels?.

The counter arguement to this is the fact that the WWE did push batista despite his age, so they could do the same with daniels, and yes IC your right he is an assett to any company weather its ring of honor, TNA or WWE.

It would benefit both parties despite the WWE's hiring policies for aged athletes

Yeah, Christopher Daiels is 36/37, I dont think he should take part in NXT, look at what it has done for Daniel Bryan, he is off the show, I think if he ever goes to WWE, he should go straight to the main roster.
So no, Christopher Daniels, or in WWE words, Daniel Christopher, should not take part in NXT

Daniels could be a great talent even with his age for any company, but I doubt WWE would even hire him. Batista was 30 but he had the look. Daniels really doesn't have the WWE look, but Kaval doesn't either. I believe that anything could happen, but I think Daniels will probably stay in ROH or even TNA considering that NXT won't have a third season unless they find another station.

If WWE are open to it then Daniels would be a great addition for a NXT class. I just hope he doesn't get fired over a neck tie or has to wear a pink shirt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back