Gerrard or Ferdinand. Who's your captain?

harrythem

Championship Contender
Title says it all really, anyone think that Rio is almost as big a twat as Shrek for saying that when he's fit again, he demands the england captancy back. I think Gerrard has done a sterling job of leading by example in the last few games and has more than earned the armband.

I'd consider listening to Rio if he could actually sort out his twat club mate Rooney for the shit he performed at the World Cup and all because he couldn't keep it in his pants.

Where's an Englishman like Tony Adams to slap these silly mancs thinking their bigger then England

Where's an Englishman like Tony Adams

Or Stuart Pearce...true patriotic englishmen who would rather die than concede a goal!

I would go for Stevie G, Ferdinand is too injury prone and unreliable now for him to be the captain, he will miss too many games.

Plus, with the debut of Gary Cahill, the other young centre backs we have like Michael Dawson, Ryan Shawcross and Phil Jagielka, and others like Jolean Lescott and John Terry still in there, it is possible that Ferdinand may not even be first choice anymore anyway.

Gerrard for Captain, he is so influential at Liverpool and saved their arses from certain defeat so many times, he is the right man for the job now Rooney and Terry have been caught out for their cheating

Ferdinand would be lucky to get back into the England team on his form of the past 18 months. His back is completely ruined and he may never be the same again.

That said, he is the England captain. Whether he was the right choice to replace Terry in the first place or how well Gerrard has done as captain are moot points. Should Rio get back into the team, then he will get the armband back. Capello is not one to muck with traditions.

I don't think Ferdinand should be in the England squad let alone captain. He has only played 6 games for England since the beginning of 2009. Capello needs to move away from the typical scenario of the England team picking itself.

Gerrard needs to be captain to help England move away from the days of Beckham, Lampard and the 'Golden Generation.' I firmly believe Gerrard is England's best player and the right player to lead England

United fan alert. :)

Do I really have to chose between them? As much as I love Rio and he's done a lot for United, as someone else said, his back injury is crazy bad. I would prefer him to retire from International to prolong his club career. If not, I can see Fergie selling him in a season or two whilst he is still worth a pretty penny to a club like Newcastle, Fulham or Stoke.

As for Gerrard. As much as it would pain me to see him lift a trophy and have to cheer for it, I have to give him the nod. Much rather him than John Terry anyway.

To be very honest, who else, besides Rooney, is even a regular in the England line up? Carragher would never be considered as Gerrard is his club captain so why would Capello look past that. Lampard just isn't captain material in my eyes and the rest aren't mainstays at all. It has to be Gerrard.

Gerrard, every day of the week. You can't dispute that Rio is technically gifted and can read a game well, look at the Rangers game earlier this week. I thought he did really well in instructing Smalling where to go and who to mark. Sure, Rangers were about as threatening in front of goal as a 3-ft tall mugger, but you can only defend against whose put in front of you. But what you can't dispute his how injury-prone he has become. If United struggled to get 20 games out of him last season, how can England expect him to play 2 games in 4 days like in these recent Euro 2012 qualifiers?

I want to make it clear that i still think Rio should be one of our starting centre-backs with Jagielka, but i don't think he needs the hassle of the Captain's armband and then having to go through the ridiculous game of 'pass the armband' with Gerrard. At the end of the day, i think Gerrard relishes that added responsibility that being Captain brings. I think Gerrard as captain in the middle of the park would really unleash a totally new player and would be very effective in supplying Rooney and Defoe up front.

Aside from the fact that Rio has not right to be back in the team without playing well for it, Stevie was our best player at the World Cup and one of the best in the two qualifiers since.

So yeah, this is about the future. Terry may get his spot back but I can't see Rio being able (to stay fit) to do it.

It's hard to argue against Gerrard being the captain, especially since he's doing pretty well at it. Gerrard is the kind of person that knows how to lead his team, and he's one hell of a team player in general. So obviously I would lean towards Gerrard being the main captain by default.

However, Ferdinand have showed that he can lead the English national team before, the only thing really missing as a few people have noted is the shape. He's been injured, and he just needs to get back into gear if he's even gonna hope on becoming the captain again.

But, I don't see Ferdinand ever becoming the captain again. Mostly because Gerrard is just a talented player with great leader skills, but also because I believe Ferdinand is slowly becoming less of a valuable player for the national team, especially looking at the strong squad they have by default (Such a shame for the World Cup).

Well postman pat's only gone and done it. He's given the captaincy back to the injury prone cunt and basically stuck two fingers up at one of the most talented Englishmen that actually shows pride when he wears the shirt, even when shoved in the wrong position.

Roll on 2012 where we get embarrassed at the Euro's and people like Rio, Terry and their ilk are resigned to history, along with that Italian cunt in charge!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back