• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Genesis: Finals of the X Division Tournament

Rusty

Is hanging up the boots
X Division Tournament Finals - Alex Shelley vs Chris Sabin

Well I am personally excited for this match. I haven't seen the Shelly vs Eric Young match from iMPACT this past week but I heard it was very good. I might not get to see it anyway, depending on my busy lifestyle for the weekend. This match intruiges me greatly, mainly because I'm a huge fan of the Motor City Machine Guns and I've wanted to see this match since I started watching TNA. The winner of this match wins the vacant X Division Championship.

As Sam mentioned in the TNA Section, there's a possibility that Homicide might cash in his opportunity to challenge for the X Division title. I'd rather this didn't happen, as I'm pulling for Chris Sabin to win the title. It should a very good match and it makes me want to see the pay per view. It's a shame the ppv's are shown on Monday mornings here in Australia.

What are your thoughts on this match? Will one of the Guns walk out with the gold? If so, who will it be? Or will Homicide cash in his feast or fired briefcase and claim the title himself?

Pulling for Sabin? Why? Everyone should be pulling for Shelley. And I'm not even talking the pity vote, considering TNA haven't even seen fit to reward him with a fleeting title reign at any point during his career. I've long claimed Shelley as the best wrestler in TNA to have never won a title, in fact. I mean, it was Angle for a few months but he soon put a stop to that and then some.

Shelley should win because he's the better Machine Gun. My opinion for Sabin wanes. When I haven't seen him wrestle for a while, or only see him in clusterfucks, I forget he's an impressive talent capable of putting on a hell of show and, occasionally, think he's only just above Kaz/Chris Daniels level - that's not true though. My opinion for Sabin has never been as high as mine for Shelley though.

Alex Shelley is, for my money, the best and funniest mic worker in the business today. His interviews seem natural without ever falling into the "rambling maniac" category. He's basically what you'd have if Dean Malenko had youth, a cool haircut, some charisma, and a bit more agility. And I fucking love Dean Malenko.

Who knows, the Technical Messiah winning the X Division title could signal a technical resurrection in TNA. I'm doubtful though.

I could see my homie Homicide running in and, uh, "Punking" the winner, but I kinda feel that's not the way TNA is going with this. If any wrestling company contradicts itself though, it's TNA.

Oh, and my pick to be the best match on the card. If I like the result, I'll bother to stay up until about one in the morning to watch it.

I am very excited for this match. I love X-Division/Cruiserweight type wrestling and there is no denying Shelly & Sabin are two of the best today. I think this match won't disapoint and I think it will be a very high paced, exciting, although spotty match. I think Shelly and Sabin both have potential to be big in singles action(Sabin is a former multiple time x champ).

While this match will most likely be perfect, unless they plan on breaking up the Guns right now, I do see a Homicide appearance and him cashing the feast or fired case in. I hope this doens't happen because I think a Sabin Vs. Shelly feud could bring a real spark to the X-Division and be a feud that would make people want to watch. I'm rooting for Shelly on this one since I feel he has the better charisma and look but either one would be a great X- Champ.

YOU GUYS WAIT

this is TNA

your gonna get 5-7 minutes of great wrestling them some stupid interference, likely homicide or foley resulting in a Homicide title win

So TNA has an X-Division seeding match, which wasn't won by either Sabin Or Shelley. They have a match between Daivari & Young for the title, neither of which is involved in this match. Young wins but is stripped, twice I believe (I might be wrong on this). So instead of promoting a Young/Daivari match to decide who should have the title, they have a tournament?

I would have just had one of the Guns win the title off Daivari instead of Young, he keeps the belt. The other Gun challenges him to a match. Sounds simple to me. Instead there's a match very little build which will result in a tag team splitting. Probably.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back