The X-Division- Sign of things to come?

Warrior

Its Been a while
This Thursday's 8 man tag was the best X-Division match I've seen in a very long time. Everyone was pulling out their craziest moves.They were doing some off the best over the top rope dives I've seen in months.Kaz coming back may be the signal of a better X-Division.

For a very long time the X-Division has been a dried up, misused, deficient of talent, weak, boring, insignificant, and at a severe lack of good talent. All the good X-Stars or gone or have moved on. Shelly and Sabin are a tag team, Aj and The Fallen Angel are signals, Petey is gone, and Senshi is in WWE. Red has been barely keeping the division in tact in my view.

The problem am having is figuring out when the X-Division left. It could of been when AJ, Chris Sabin, Alex Shelly, and Senshi left, but i doubt i. I think it died much earlier, but I don't know exactly when.

They need new and old talent. They have to bring back some of the old guy from back 04-07 when the Division was great.They also need new guys to add fresh blood to it. Putting in story lines for the X-Title and the whole division would add an another level to the X-Division.

This thread is to address:

1) If you think the X-Division is turning around

2) When and why it "Died"

3) How to fix it

and

4) Who to add to it

Looking forward to good posts. Thank U.

I think that once Destination X comes the X division will make a 180 turn and come back to its original format.IMO it died one year ago when they started thinking that by adding more muscle it might help then alot to compete VS the E.The X Division will be better if TNA pays more attention to it. Also by having more matches during impact and maybe having more x division matches on a PPV, it will not add no more X division wrestlers because TNA already has the best cruiserweight wrestlers from all over the world.

I Actually notice that also on Impact this week, Maybe now with Kaz returning we might see a return to a healthy, and very enjoyable X-Division. Amazing Red is a very talented wrestler, but in my eyes, he only has a selection of moves, and after we've seen them on every Impact and On Pay Per View, its gets boring and you want to see something new from him.

In my opinion, the X-Division was gone in March of 08, Because even though Machismo was the X-Division champion ( and not taking anything away from Jay Lethal ) It slowly started to fade, and during 08 you had some horrible title changes. The X-Division was fully gone when Bashir won the title at No Surrender 08? Bashir isn't the best pro wrestler in the world, and they had a lot of better alternatives than giving Bashir the title. Dont get me wrong, Since then there have been some really good X-Division matches (Alex Shelley Vs. Chris Sabin Genesis 09) But i think that the X-Division will make a slow come back with the return of Kaz and the signing of Generation Me.

Of Course, i dont think the X-Division will ever be in its prime again when Daniels, Styles and Joe were main eventing X-Division Matches.

I think that the X Division will make a big comeback in the next few months and here's why:

Remember the old WCW format? Big cruiserweight match to start off the show to get the crowd excited and suck in the viewers? Well Bischoff remembers how successful that was and i don't doubt that he's going to use the X Division in the same way.

Now, the X Division has been lost in the shuffle since Red won the title and what really killed it for the last six months was when Samoa Joe won the belt and then ignored it in lieu of the Main Event Mafia stuff.

Bringing back the X Division to be contested by the Guns, Lethal, Kaz, Spanky, Red, and Generation Me should be a hallmark of the first hour of Impact! when it goes head to head with Raw.

And in the future, Daniels should be part of the division as a face champion and i wouldn't be surprised whatsoever if Shannon Moore got involved when Jeff Hardy comes back as part of their group going for gold.

It's far too early to tell whether there's going to be any significant improvement to the X-Division. One match on TNA iMPACT! proves nothing. This is really one of these things in which only time is going to show what's what.

Destination X was originally going to be an all X-Division ppv but that idea has been scrapped and with good reason. That reason is that there currently aren't any real stars in the X-Division and the drawing potential simply wasn't there. So, as a business decision, it was a smart move on TNA's part. I think the X-Division needs some fresh blood and some X-Division wrestlers need something of an overhaul. Jay Lethal and Consequences Creed, for instance, have gone as far and done as much as they can with their current gimmick. I think the X-Division could receive a real shot in the arm if Jeff Hardy were to be part of it, provided he doesn't wind up spending the next 10-20 years on the inside of a North Carolina prison. At any rate, Hardy won't be a factor in TNA unless he's aquitted in his trial, which I think is supposed to begin around the middle of March. If Hardy is able to come to TNA after his trial and TNA does put him in the X-Division, it would be a real boon. Of all the wrestlers that have recently come into TNA over the past few months in the wake of Hulk Hogan, Jeff Hardy is a legitimate superstar right now. He's young, he's talented, his stock has never been higher and could be a real bright spot on the TNA roster. I'd rather see him go into the X-Division rather than the main event scene first, but I won't be surprised if he does get a main event push quickly as much of TNA's emphasis over the past several months really has been on the main event to the detriment of everything else.

As to when the X-Division "died" and why...hmmmm...well I think its decline has to do with several factors. Particularly in 2009, TNA took away a lot of focus that had previously been placed on the X-Division and put it into other areas like the Knockout Division and the creation of the TNA Legends Championship. More tv time was devoted to these two other aspects of TNA in particular and, at various points, the Legends title and the Knockout Division itself was tied into the Main Event Mafia angle and more wrestlers were being steared into the TNA Originals/MEM feud and the TNA main event scene while the X-Division was...well it was just there. Often times, there would be little to no build up for X-Division matches, particularly X-Division title matches, and there weren't really any significant feuds going on that amounted to anything. Add onto it one lackluster champion and championship run after another into the mix and you have a severely declined division that was once considered to be TNA's glory.

As to when it happened, well I'm not overly sure about that. However, for me, January of 2009 is when I personally started to notice a steady dwindling of prestige and emphasis within the X-Division.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back