• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

General ROH Spam Thread

I haven't seen Night One. There were technical problems all night, which made it impossible to watch. I'm going to watch it later this week. I heard they looked good, though. I heard they looked really good at the Cincinnati show, too, so I would like for them to have more regular appearances. It's seems like they've earned it.

I think it's just a one time thing to help sell tickets and iPPV buys. ROH has dumped GFL, so the "Border Wars" show will air somewhere else. Hopefully there won't be the same problems they had with GFL. I think having Finlay come in once or twice to put on a good match and put someone over is a good thing. I would love to see Finlay vs Elgin, but then again I would really like to see Elgin vs pretty much anyone.

Anyone see the Night Two main event between Michael Elgin and Davey Richards for the ROH Title? I usually hate Davey's matches, but I thought it was absolutely brilliant. I was screaming while watching it and it is definitely be one of the best matches of the year. Awesome match.

Meltzer gave it 5 stars...not sure if that means anything to anyone, but he done did that.

When is this posted, like the weekly show, in a place were I may veiw it?

Figure I may as well give it a shot. Fuck, I watch TNA, it cant be THAT ,much worse

Thankyou, thriller.

Watched a bit of the 4/14 show. I REALLY dig how they give it a "legit feel" with the tale of the tape and other UFC style kind of stuff

Sooo any of you notice how their ring announcer CLEARLY sounds like a baby Howard Finkel?

I dont mean that in a bad way, I sorta dig it

I've finally gotten myself caught up on the recent episodes of ROH TV. Aside from the odd match here and there, my only knowledge of ROH has come from the past few months. I started watching a few episodes before the Showdown in the Sun event, and unfortunately missed out on attending the recent Border Wars event.

I'm enjoying what I see, but it's a very different product then that I'm used to. The Briscoe's drive me nuts everytime they open their mouths, but I'm digging guys like Steen, Elgin, Bennett (but that may be due to Maria) & Ciampa.

How can you dislike the Briscoes talking?! Their promos are some of the most entertaining in the biz right now.

I could watch their pre-taped promos from their family farm all day long.

What are some ROH matches that I should be looking into?

I'm looking for monumental matches in ROH history, as well as matches that are just brilliant to watch.

What are some ROH matches that I should be looking into?

I'm looking for monumental matches in ROH history, as well as matches that are just brilliant to watch.

That's a tough question. So tough in fact I went to my ROH ratings on my site, started to write a list, and was already at over a dozen matches by the time I got to the year 2005. So instead I'll just give you any ROH matches that either myself or Meltzer gave ***** to.

For myself there's only two matches so far in ROH history I'd be bold enough to go the full monty for, and that's

4/12/03 Bryan Danielson vs. Paul London (2/3 Falls) [The Epic Encounter]
10/16/04 CM Punk vs. Samoa Joe [Joe vs. Punk II]

As far as Meltzer, here's his list:

10/16/04 Samoa Joe vs. CM Punk (ROH Joe vs Punk 2)
10/1/05 Samoa Joe vs. Kenta Kobashi (ROH Joe vs Kobashi)
3/31/06 Dragon Kid & Genki Horiguchi & Ryo Saito vs. CIMA & Naruki
Doi & Masato Yoshino (ROH Supercard Of Honor)
3/31/12 Davey Richards vs. Michael Elgin (ROH Showdown in the Sun Day 2)

I'd also throw in a few lesser known personal favorites like the first Homicide/Trent Acid Fight Without Honor in June of 2003 and the Paul London/Michael Shane Street Fight from September of 2002. Those are all a more then good start. I'd also recommend the main event of the very first ROH show back in March of 2002 with Bryan Danielson vs. Low Ki vs. Christopher Daniels, as it basically set the formula and standard for ROH main events for the next five years. Oh and you can't go wrong with any of the CM Punk/Samoa Joe matches, or any of the Bryan Danielson/Nigel McGuinness series. Austin Aries and James Gibson (Jamie Noble) had a kick-ass series of matches in 2005 too. Okay okay I'm done recommending matches now, really.

I'm excited that ROH released a Best of Year One compilation. The only match I've seen on it is the Shane vs London Street Fight I believe. I can't wait for it to come in the mail.

There are a ton of hidden gems from 2002-2003 that have been forgotten about in the post-Feinstein era, which is a shame. There's something really charming about those early shows, they remind me of ECW in it's heyday just with far, far superior wrestling. Commentary can be terrible at times though. Still, for any ROH fan I'd highly recommend going back to that first year if only to check out the whole Prophecy angle. Still one of my favorite in ROH history.

Well the only reason ROH exists is because the company that sold ECW tapes needed a hole filled once it went south. Makes sense that it'd evoke a similar response.

There are a ton of hidden gems from 2002-2003 that have been forgotten about in the post-Feinstein era, which is a shame. There's something really charming about those early shows, they remind me of ECW in it's heyday just with far, far superior wrestling. Commentary can be terrible at times though. Still, for any ROH fan I'd highly recommend going back to that first year if only to check out the whole Prophecy angle. Still one of my favorite in ROH history.

One of my early Ring of Honor memories was The Prophecy/Second City Saint's attack on Lucy angle. CM Punk's promos were great back then, I remember him threatening to kill Allison Danger with something wrapped around her neck. And the Pepsi Plunge through a table. Punk post-The Conclusion is some of his best work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back