• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

General ROH Spam Thread

...You really don't know who Jimmy Jacobs is?

You've never experienced the awesomeness that is the Jimmy Loves Lacey saga? You poor fool!

MATCH OF THE YEEEEAAAAARRRRRR.

So, anyone hear about ROH blocking The Briscoes from signing with WWE?

Weird based on what they said with their relationship with the WWE last year.

You've never experienced the awesomeness that is the Jimmy Loves Lacey saga? You poor fool!

Oh my lord. :lmao:

Where do you think the Steen/Corino/Jacobs/Generico feud goes after this Sunday? A match between Steen and Corino? A match with Generico?

So, anyone hear about ROH blocking The Briscoes from signing with WWE?

Weird based on what they said with their relationship with the WWE last year.

Not really. You sign a contract with a company, you're usually expected to stay for the duration of that contract. I don't see anything odd about them wanting to retain some of their top talent.

Oh my lord. :lmao:

Where do you think the Steen/Corino/Jacobs/Generico feud goes after this Sunday? A match between Steen and Corino? A match with Generico?

I think we're headed towards Steen eventually winning the World title and turning face (if he isn't face already) and perhaps even a quasi-reunion with Generico, or atleast a squashing of their previous beef.

Ugh, that video was turrible.

You have no sense of humor.

Oh man, I love this video. I have it on one of the DVDs I own from this time period. The Ballad of Lacey was such a great moment in a great storyline. Seriously, that whole saga is just epic. ROH was so great back in those days.

I know man, going back and watching through that time period the Jimmy/Lacey saga was so awesome and how it all led up to the Age of the Fall was just booked perfectly. Fuck, now I remember how god damn amazing ROH used to be compared to what it is now. I miss Gabe. :(

Might need to pop in the 2006 Death Before Dishonor show with the ROH vs. CZW Cage of Death. Good memories.

I think we're headed towards Steen eventually winning the World title and turning face (if he isn't face already) and perhaps even a quasi-reunion with Generico, or atleast a squashing of their previous beef.

I want Steen to win the ROH World Championship, no doubt, but I want to see it happen as a heel. The prospect of Steen taking ROH "hostage" as champion, toppling challenger after challenger, straight up excites me. Steen could really work with that, plus, he's just such a great fucking heel.

A reunion with Generico (down the line) would be nice, though.

Oh, if we're on the topic of Age of the Fall, let me point out how great the debut was. Every time I see the video with Jay Briscoe dangling and his blood dripping, I can't believe they pulled that off. So epic.

Indeed. Which is why it's so frustating when people lie D-Man talk about how they don't watch ROH because they prefer the whole storyline/sports entertainment aspect of wrestling to just the pure athletics...like, some of the best angles and storylines of the last 20 years took place in ROH between 02-08, classic angles that wouldn't seem out of place if they were booked in the old NWA or WWF classic eras.

I wish Age of the Fall hadn't tanked so badly at the end. It just totally lost its steam. There was so much potential there.

Indeed. Which is why it's so frustating when people lie D-Man talk about how they don't watch ROH because they prefer the whole storyline/sports entertainment aspect of wrestling to just the pure athletics...like, some of the best angles and storylines of the last 20 years took place in ROH between 02-08, classic angles that wouldn't seem out of place if they were booked in the old NWA or WWF classic eras.

ROH does a fine job with storylines. If I had to guess, people probably can't see that because they haven't watched enough of the product or can't get past how ROH presents the storylines to them, I suppose.

Random question: Would anybody want to see Colt Cabana back?

I know man, going back and watching through that time period the Jimmy/Lacey saga was so awesome and how it all led up to the Age of the Fall was just booked perfectly. Fuck, now I remember how god damn amazing ROH used to be compared to what it is now. I miss Gabe. :(

The fact that ROH was able to go on such a hot streak after CM Punk left still amazes me to this day. I thought for sure ROH was going to go down a slippery slope after Punk's final show, and instead they went on to have not only their 2 greatest years, but 2 of the most entertaining years in any pro wrestling promotion, ever.

Might need to pop in the 2006 Death Before Dishonor show with the ROH vs. CZW Cage of Death. Good memories.

The cage match was awesome, but what I loved most from that event was the Roderick Strong/Nigel McGuinness match. The CZW fans shat all over the first few minutes of the match, chanting "This is awful!" and what not, but by the end of it, every single person in that arena got into the match. Never seen anything like that.

Random The Bearded One trivia:

Jimmy Jacobs and the Age of the Fall is what originally got me into ROH in the first place.

Random question: Would anybody want to see Colt Cabana back?

Absolutely. I love me some Colt Cabana. There are some other guys under contract with other companies that I'd love to see in ROH, too. ROH should try to go after a few DGUSA guys when their contracts run out, as well as looking overseas for wrestlers who want to tour America for a while. The roster is decent as it is, but it can be a lot better.

I like Colt but I'm not sure I'd call him anything more than an average worker anymore. His best days are looooong behind him, his in-ring style changed so much over the years from being a high-risk CM Punk clone to becoming the current God of comedy wrestling with all sorts of random old British World of Sport-style holds and counter-hold wrestling bits thrown in. I like the guy and think he's extraordinarily entertaining, but I can't say I look forward to his matches when I see them on a card most of the time these days. He can still have a good to great match given the right opponent, it just seems to be happening more rarely these days.

Remember the Cabana feud with Homicide though? Why the fuck did THAT Colt Cabana never stick around? When he lost his mind, snapped and became a raving lunatic trying to murder Homicide, that was probably the best singles feud Cabana ever had man, good shit. These days Colt seems to enjoy just being the opening match comedy guy on most shows.

Probably because he's still getting good bookings as comedy guy and the style probably isn't anywhere close to as damaging to his body. I agree, though, that Homicide feud was awesome. We got to see a little of that Cabana again during portions of the Corino/Steen/Cabana/Generico saga of 2010. I think Cabana is perfect for CHIKARA, and I'm happy to see he's getting booked regularly there.

Also, El Generico has been announced for DGUSA. I wonder what that means for his ROH career, if anything.

I heard Generico's ROH contract was up, and by the looks of it, they either couldn't come to an agreement on a new one or one side decide to split. I can't blame Generico if he decided to bail, though. He should have been a top face in the company after he exiled Steen, but they seemed content to just let him flop around in the midcard.

Барбоса;3748422 said:
So the big 10th Anniversary show does not have a World Title match?

Ok
Does Wrestlemania have a World Title match every year?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back