Game 7 of the Stanley Cup

Hazardous

parental discretion advised
This is it. The thing every hockey fan as a kid pretended to be in. Game 7 of the Stanley Cup finals. This is the most important game in the whole season for any team involved. This year it kind of has an Olympic type feel to it, with a Canadian team vs an American team.

Vancouver Canucks and the Boston Bruins. While I'm not a fan of either team, I've been drawn into this series the longer it goes on, and so has the rest of the hockey world. With Vancouver winning all 3 of their home games, and Boston killing the Canucks in all 3 of theirs, it falls back to Vancouver for game 7. So many questions now arise
though..

Will the Home team continue the series trend?
Will Luongo start?
If so will he come back after Game 6's disaster?
Will the teams play smarter, and not take bad calls?
Will the Vancouver fans Riot if they lose?
(just like in 94)

I don't think Vancouver will win this game. This whole series Boston has played harder, even when the Canucks won, it was by one goal, and those games could have gone either way. I don't think Bobby Lou should start. Cory Schneider has what it takes, and is a decent goalie. They say you need to stick with who brought you there, but is that so? When Detroit won the cup in 08, they got to the playoffs with Hasek. They pulled him in favor of Osgood, and won the cup.. Could this be Schneider's future? Dunno, but I'd start him tomorrow. As for the play style, I don't expect it to change at all. Still going to see a rough, penalty filled game. These teams dislike each other as much as their fans dislike each other. Nothing will change there. As for the riot, I fully expect that again. I remember the 94 riot, and this one is going to be worse. Mainly because of how many fans have been in the streets every game. Over 100,000 for game 5. I think I might stay home that night.. Might get ugly out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back