• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Gail Kim Quits the WWE Back to TNA?

Zeven_Zion

King Of The Ring
Source: http://twitter.com/#!/gailkimITSME/status/99531123985625088

"Hey I just wanted every1 to know that I officially quit WWE on monday. So thank u wwe fans! This won’t be the last u see of me. Love u guys"
------------------------------------------------------------------​

So Kim finally left the WWE after a more than a forgettable run with the company. Gail's a great wrestler, she has a sexy look going on, why she never became a focal point of the Divas is beyond me, but that's in the past.

Do you think Gail Kim will head back to good 'ol Impact Wrestling?

Do you want to see her back and help out the KO's Division?

How far do you think she'll go if she returns?

She will return. 100%. She's friends with Mickie James, Velvet Sky and Angelina Love.

Now, If you quit WWE. Do you still operate under a 90 day no-compete clause? If so, she could return by Bound For Glory and main event against Mickie James.

The Knockout's Division needs a spark right now and she would bring it. She made that division and it would be fantastic to see her return and bring it back to where it used to be.

I also expect Awesome Kong to return to TNA. It's going to happen. Watch.

Now, If you quit WWE. Do you still operate under a 90 day no-compete clause?

I'm pretty sure you have to wait the 90 days no matter what the reason is. Tazz didn't resign a contract, he still had to wait. There's no way she could just quit, she had to be granted a release or her contract ran up. Either way, she definitely has to wait.

Not a big deal either way in my opinion. Don't worry, not slamming TNA in any way here, I think all women's wrestling is equally garbage. I don't think Gail is anything special and TNA would be wasting valuable money on someone while getting virtually nothing in return.

:rolleyes: Riiiiiiight.

I think your logic is garbage. Gail Kim and Awesome Kong put on classic matches that often times were better than anything men did that year. I'm not joking.

How about open your eyes, watch some real women's wrestling and see how garbage it is comapred to WWE's Divas.

Awesome Kong will be released when they have nothing else for her. Like it or not, Kong doesn't really do much besides crushing people and without Gail, Melina. Kong has nobody to equally wrestle against other than Beth and that won't last all year long.

Unless she's retiring from wrestling or going to some boring day job them I definitely see her going there. I would assume that her reason for leaving is that they were doing jackshit with her, and she probably wants to be somewhere where she will be relevant. I think if she went to Impact she would have a much better chance at being one of the top Knockouts.

Do you want to see her back and help out the Diva's Division?
Gail is a great in the ring, she can do things that alot of the other Divas would have alot of trouble with but the rest of her game is a little mediocre. Normally she'd still be fine and get by on that but the Divas division is so flooded with talent and new faces right now that she wouldn't make much of a difference. If this were a year ago then she could still make an impact but I think she would just continue to be underutilized.

I think after returning she would get boosted to the top, float around contender for awhile and then snag the title after a few months. But I have a feeling the same thing could happen to her on Impact, she'd be top dog for some time but then she'd drop out of contention and then the same thing would happen and new talent would pass her up.

It's an absolute certainty she'll go to TNA, why wouldn't she? If you can't or don't want to work for the #1 company, wouldn't you, by default, work for the #2? I wish her well there. She wasn't being used in WWE anyway so it's no loss to them. I hope for her sake she succeeds in TNA, but in the grand scheme of things, she'll make no difference whatsoever.

Awfully coincidental that she "quits" at the exact same time that Kozlov and Melina are released. "You can't fire me, I quit" I guess.

The highlight of Gail Kim's career was in her televised debut, during her first run through the WWE. Her high point in TNA/IW was losing to Awesome Kong. (Dizzy, hold your breath on that one.) What, exactly, would TNA/IW gain by bringing her back now that they can't fill with another girl in spandex with fake tits, who'd cost less since Kim can command a higher figure as an already built (if you can call it that) character?

Oh, but she's friends with people in TNA/IW! That takes care of everything. Businesses hire people they don't need all the time because they have friends with no political pull who also happen to work for that business, right?

What does Gail Kim offer TNA/IW that they need and can't find anywhere else? She's a two-time WWE reject now.

I'm happy so left WWE. They don't use their Divas properly and Gail Kim to too talented to go to waste. I was hoping she would make a good run in the WWE but she only made out with Daniel Bryan a few times on screen. It was pretty lame.
Hope Gail Kim goes to TNA and does very well!

Well I know she got engaged recently so if anything she will probably wait till after then before returning to wrestling and that's if she does decide to return to wrestling she is already 34 so it will be intresting to see what she does although if she does decide to return and TNA do offer her a contract then yeah I can see her going back no problem

I think your logic is garbage. Gail Kim and Awesome Kong put on classic matches that often times were better than anything men did that year. I'm not joking.

Oh I know, they worked very well together. Not denying that at all. But how long ago was that? Seriously, it's been ages since I've seen a good women's match so just pointing out one or two good matches in a slew of hundreds of awful matches doesn't sway me at all. (I know someone who fucking loves Indy wrestling is going to come in here and tell me about some awesome Japanese women matches, just let it be known now that I don't care. I don't like watching wrestling on a computer)

Plus, what exactly does that bring to the table? No woman has drawn in wrestling since the 90's, and nothing about Kim suggests she's going to turn that around. Why waste money bringing her in when there's going to be zero return on your investment?

How about open your eyes, watch some real women's wrestling and see how garbage it is comapred to WWE's Divas.

Like I said, I'm not bashing TNA, I hate it all. WWE's women fucking suck just as hard as TNA's do.

Awesome Kong will be released when they have nothing else for her. Like it or not, Kong doesn't really do much besides crushing people and without Gail, Melina. Kong has nobody to equally wrestle against other than Beth and that won't last all year long.

Uh huh. They'll release her right along with Sheamus, right? Sorry bud, but your thoughts on these kind of things mean less than nothing. You've proven time and time again that you know very little about anything.

Now, If you quit WWE. Do you still operate under a 90 day no-compete clause? If so, she could return by Bound For Glory and main event against Mickie James.

No way it doesn't still apply. Quitting doesn't absolve you of contractural obligations. If anything, it usually results in stiffer penalties.

It'd be great if TNA could take those three months and really build up Mickie as a champion. She was so good earlier this year but has lost momentum. She needs to go over Angelina this month and have one more kick-ass program with Tara. Then the title would be in a much better place to capitalize on Gail's return.

Yes, but you're forgetting the fact that: A. Awesome Kong isn't with TNA anymore and B. The Knockout Division is no longer even remotely relevant in TNA. Nobody's concerned with what the Knockout Division was 3 years ago. That was then and this is now.

I know you're a diehard TNA fan, not a thing wrong with that, but that statement is ludicrous. Nobody can seriously claim that the Knockouts are now any better than the Divas. The matches are the same usual, low quality 2-3 minute crap fests you see out of the Divas and the titles mean absolutely nothing. The glory days of the Knockout Division are gone and there's no sign that they're coming back anytime soon. So c'mon, how about you open your eyes and see things for how they actually are. The Divas suck, make no bones about that, but so do the Knockouts.

You mean as opposed to Miss Tessmacher, Winter (who happens to be the supreme botch artist of the Knockout Division), Rosita, Angelina Love & Madison Rayne? These women aren't exactly must see wrestling tv themselves. Aside from Mickie James & Tara, there aren't any Knockouts on the roster that can provide "real women's wrestling". Oh, and the WWE does also have Natalya along with Beth Phoenix. So yeah, both companies have a couple of gals that can really get it done inside the ring. But let's not try to pretend that the Knockouts are anything special anymore because they're really not and that's completely obvious.

If she did quit, she still can't work til the contract is up and may get sued and the organization that signs her. Above that, WWE has tendencies that when they give you time off, they moved the time to the end of the contract. So she might just forced herself into retirement.

Gail Kim was unimpressive in WWE. Every match she had on Raw was filled with botches. In the midst of when they were pushing her, her Mickie James had the worst match in a long time. Mickie been botching in TNA as well, but a lot of the botches in Kim matches were because she tries to do to much. Consequently, I never saw her winning again after that. She had good matches on Superstars, but on the big show, she was reckless.

TNA could sign her if WWE releases her, but they not going to do to much more with her. Look at how they have done all the top KO's. ODB, Velvet Sky, and all them are just there now. They have feuds, but it don't make complete sense. ANd for people to talk about believability of TNA, how believable that Angelina love was under a spell. MVP made the best choice going to Japan.

Awesome Kong is not going back to TNA because of how Hogan and all them treated her when she was there. Also with the WWE doing this whole end of the Barbie thing, it might be Kong's big break.

The WWE so mismanaged Gail Kim in her last run. She is so darn good and losing to people without a third her talent. TNA seems to be rebuilding the Knockouts Division so I think it would be a good fit for her.

She will return. 100%. She's friends with Mickie James, Velvet Sky and Angelina Love.

The Knockout's Division needs a spark right now and she would bring it. She made that division and it would be fantastic to see her return and bring it back to where it used to be.

I read this post and thought it was accurate and well written, until I looked at the date and saw that it was August of 2011, not 2009 or earlier. The suggestion that the calibre of wrestling shown by the Knockouts is any better whatsoever than the Divas is simply ludicrous. Maybe for a little while years ago, but definitely not today. At least the Divas make no claim to feature high calibre wrestling. Both groups are just T&A and pretty much always have been

The writing has been on the wall for Gail Kim in the WWE for a while now. It was a smart career move on her part to quit before the WWE could fire her; at least now she can return to TNA and claim that it was her first choice, rather than her last resort.

I don't think Gail will have any problem getting back her old spot in the Knockouts division; the division has been pretty weak as of late, and Gail was always a favorite of the Impact Zone fans (who will blame TNA for her departure rather than Kim herself). All it will take is one promo talking about how the WWE doesn't believe in women's wrestling, and how she's glad to be home, and all will be forgiven. Or if TNA prefers, they can simply pretend that Gail's defection didn't happen; really, her latest run in the WWE was forgettable enough that such an approach could easily work.

In any case, I always liked Gail, and hopefully she can help to reinvigorate the Knockouts division.

Yes, eventually. I mean, what other choices does she really have? Kim was one of the top dogs in the Knockouts Division before she left, so it would only make sense for her to return to the place where she basically made her name. I think she will return there, but I hope that she will make a tour around the indies first, especially CHIKARA. I would love to see her wrestle Sara Del Rey, Daizee Haze, Madison Eagles and let's throw in Mike Quackenbush and Claudio Castagnoli, if she can get there before he leaves, as well.

Do you want to see her back and help out the KO's Division?

It would be nice to see her return to the division that was originally built around her. I would like to see what she can do with Mickie James, Tara, Winter and some of the other Knockouts. I'm not sure if her presence would be a big improvement, but it would be a welcome addition.

I think she'd win the Knockouts Title not long after she returns. I could see her making a "surprise" return as someone mystery opponent for a PPV or something along those lines. I think she'd have a decent run as Knockouts champ have a few okay feuds. I'm not sure how long she can stay relevant after the initial "welcome back" honeymoon time wears off, but I would like to see her back in TNA.

Why is everyone assuming this is legit? what if it's part of a storyline with wrestlers starting to show their frustration or they are trying to make her into the female CM Punk. Either way I doubt that they would let her just eliminate herself then go on to say she quit.

They can make a storyline and have her come out and Job to the other divas by not trying or just laying down in protest till they let her go. I wonder if they are trying to build her up so when Karma comes back they can have a good feud.

This is an interesting twist. Gail Kim will be able to make the KOs division fresh. Oh how the times change. She knew what she was doing when she went to WWE, getting a solid paycheck in exchange being misused for a couple of years. Those couple years are up and she is going to go back and play girl power with the KOs. People can talk about true talent level all they want, bottom line is that the KOs are used much better than the Divas. I suspect there is possibly some talent in the divas but how would we know? I'll be looking forward to Tara vs Kim.

I'm pretty sure she will but why would be the upside to that. It's not like the knockout division is lighting the world on fire right now. The last classic knockout match they had was the Tara vs mickie James steel cage match back at the beginning of the month, it'S also the only great match Mickie had since joining TNA. So sure i would love to see Gail Kim come back to TNA but at the same time i don't see the point of having her in the division. She's really doesn'T have any value left and i don'T see TNA putting her in the same spot she was in when she left, especially with Mickie James on the roster.

So in the end, i really hope that Gail thinks very hard before deciding to return to TNA because her time has the focal point of TNA is over and if she join TNA, she pretty much going to be just one of the knockout, like she was justone of the divas in WWE.

hell yeah i wanna see gail kim back in Impact Wrestling! shes a great wrestler who is also smokin hot and she should return there...im sure shes got some friends there still in the knockouts divison and she would add yet another good wrestler to there divison...its just a shame she never won the divas title so she could be the 2nd woman to ever be KO champ,womens champ and divas champ but oh well im just hoping shes back in impact wrestling sooner rather then later

I read this post and thought it was accurate and well written, until I looked at the date and saw that it was August of 2011, not 2009 or earlier. The suggestion that the calibre of wrestling shown by the Knockouts is any better whatsoever than the Divas is simply ludicrous. Maybe for a little while years ago, but definitely not today. At least the Divas make no claim to feature high calibre wrestling. Both groups are just T&A and pretty much always have been

Lol What? Their both equal today but in GENERAL The Knockouts are far superior and put on a better product and more creative angles.

It has not been pretty much. You speaking for WWE? TNA has only went in a new direction to give certain Knockouts exposure.

Mickie James, Madison are certainly the strongest female wrestlers they have now. It's cute how everyone wants to forget the KO division from 2007 to 2009.Then brush off Gail Kim as a irrelevant signing if she returns when everyone was on her vagina months ago. That's my point.

Does anyone know when her official contract was up with the WWE, is it up soon or did she still have a lot of time on it. Just curious because if she quit and her contract is up within the next month or so, no big deal, but if she had another year or so on her contract then I can see the WWE suing her for breach of contract.

But to answer the original question, yes I do see Gail going back to Impact when she is legally allowed to.

And as much as I am overall a WWE fan over Impact, I will say the Knockout division is better then the Diva division, not just because of the wrestling (which I will admit is not as good as it once was), but because Impact actually builds storylines around their women division and not just the title picture, but for all the Knockouts. Unlike the WWE that just throws Diva matches together with no storyline what so ever.

I think that she will go back to TNA. It's a shame that she wasn't used right in the WWE, but honestly it seems like they tend to bury people who come over from TNA for awhile before they give them a legitimate shot. I know I"m going to get slammed for saying that, but I believe it's true. I think Gail will be better off in TNA and I anticipate a great feud between her and Angelina/Tara/ or Mickie James. I wish her all the luck in whatever it is that she decides to do from this point on, but I'm really hoping she goes back to Impact.

I will bet with anyone on this forum that in 180 days, Gail Kim will not be working for TNA. You can even name the stakes, so long as they're equal for both parties.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back