Gail Kim possibly re-debuting on SD!

"Cool Guy" Jensen

Undertaker for Champ!
As wrestling reports are saying... Gail Kim could return to WWE on the Smackdown brand. Are you excited to see Gail Kim back to the WWE? What plans to you think WWE has for her upon her return?

The best case scenario would be for her to return tonight on the Smackdown spoilers. Michelle McCool should just finish a one-on-one or tag-team match and then as she celebrates her win with the ''Diva's Championship'', some attacker attacks Michelle. The attacker is revealed to be Gail Kim and BAM!... you have a ''Diva's Championship feud that could last for months.

How do you ''WWE Universe'' people believe Gail Kim should return?

I think the Gail Kim return is great. I would hate, however, to have the WWE give her a name change being that she's a former TNA personality. (Braden Walker was part of the reason that killed Chris Harris' run in the WWE.) Just let her be with her name and hopefully the announcers will acknowledge her past run in the WWE as a former Women's Champion.

Gail Kim winning the WWE women's title on her first night in the company, the TNA Knockouts belt on its first night, and returning to WWE to take the Diva's title on her first night. It would be quite a run and very believeable given she's just off a run defending against Awesome Kong. I'm concerned though that the talent of Maria and others might just overawe her (hey, I did it with a straight face).

Gail Kim is too good for Smackdown to be honest. she's facing a big drop in talent and it will be interesting to watch her have to carry matches more than in TNA. I think she'll keep her name it's the name she's used in WWE before and it's of no benefit to change the name as it wipes her unique history from the records and makes her have to do it all again.

Definitely pumped for this, and frankly, it's a good move. Raw has an edge on talent comparative to SmackDown, given Raw has Mickie James, Beth Phoenix, Melina, Candice, and the ever improving Kelly Kelly to answer Michelle McCool, Natalya, Maryse, and the also improving Maria on SmackDown. Victoria, history though she may have, is just a jobber and the Bella Twins are horrid. Hot as hell, but horrid. So with Raw having 5 girls, one of whom is still improving to hold down the fort, SmackDown has 4, one also improving, to do so. I don't see a reason to tip the balance more to Raw with Gail on Raw, so evening things up with her on SD helps out a lot. I can certainly see her being in line for the Divas title very fast, potentially making history again with a first night victory.

I wonder, also, whether WWE will ever take a cue from TNA and put together a hardcore Divas match. Gail has proven she can do it, with the ladder match, and I certainly think the WWE could profit from Gail and Michelle taking part in a ladder match. I doubt WWE would do it, and I'm sure the cries of ripping off TNA would sound to high heaven, but I think it could be just the thing to inject life back into the women's division.

I'm still undecided if this is the best move to send her to smackdown or not. One way it gives smackdown another "good" diva who can wrestle and perform, but is smackdown and the Diva title below Kim?

I don't think so, and maybe with Gail Kim in the division(along with McCool, Maryse, Natayla, & Victoria)it will make the division pretty solid. If McCool turns heel and then has a brief feud with Maria, it would be good to have Kim come in as the face to challenge her. Gail Kim could put on some good matches with McCool & Maryse and the others.

On Raw for faces you have Melina, Kelly, Mickie & Candice all 4 pretty solid, but in smackdown you only have McCool(who is solid) but also Maria & Bellas(who all need work)so it make sence to put Kim there to balance the heel/face ratio, and also Kim will most likely debut face since I suspect a pretty warm welcome. So in the end I think I convinced myself that it is a good thing to have Kim on Smackdown because then maybe will respect the title and division more.

I'm not really sure why they'd put Gail Kim on SD, I feel she's proven that she's better than the Divas title. Of course she could bring some legitimacy to the Divas title considering its current top contender is Maria. As brought out though, RAW has a pretty even number of solid heel/face divas (excluding Candice IMO), and there aren't enough quality female faces on SD, so I guess it does make sense.

I'm really excited about seeing Gail Kim on Smackdown, she will definently give it some class and respectability. I doubt WWE have major plans for here at this time with Kim sill being uncertain about her future and whether she wants to go back to TNA. If and when she does debut on Smackdown i think she will feature in some squash matches and then gradually evolve into a "proper" Diva and end up facing women like McCool or Natalya for the Diva's title. I wonder hat Kim thinks of Smackdown's Diva's competiton?

As the OP suggested, WWE could push Kim straight into the title contention spot. I think thats wrong and should be given to women like Natalya and Maryse. I also think Kim would'nt like to be in that position when she arrives in the WWE, she'd be under pressure at the very start.

I just hope they use Gail properly. Last time, she had been the champion and was getting a big push. Even after losing the title, I remember her making Victoria tap out on two occasions. Then, before you knew it, she was released.

Has the company learned it's lesson? Will they deploy her correctly or is she simply a toy that WWE wants because they don't want TNA to have her?:smashfreakB:

(By the way, the same questions can be applied to Christian, if he returns)

It's best for Gail to be on SD! since all of RAW's faces are basically over with the crowd. On SD! Maria is really the only popular face. McCool is the most solid as a wrestler, but not even remotely over with crowds. Gail going there and most likely being Diva's chmapon will make the belt interesting, and make title contentions for it interesting because of how good she is. She'll also make feuds interesting. I'd love to see her wrestle Victoria again as well as wrestle Natalya.

With the upcoming McCool heel turn (which will be a golden storyline let me tell you...not) A face Gail Kim would be the proper course of action, im not to fond of her winning the title on her return per say but she needs to be the #1 contender instantly, cause whoi else dose McCool have to feud with, certainly not Natalya, Maria, or Mayrse, she as beat them all. Sure, Gail is on par with the Raw divas but adding her to the SD roster would be a great help to the quality of the divas matches on that show. Personally I beleive this McCool heel turn is leading to a Gail Kim Divas title and then the WWE has the #2 and #3 respective female wrestlers of 2008 leading the brands in Beth and Gail, and that might accually give the divas title, dare i say it, some worth.

I love the fact that she is coming back. If she comes back I have no idea how she would be on Smackdown. She is talent so she should be on Raw, so maybe she could go there eventually. I hope she lasts a really, really long time. I

Now, it has been exactly 5 weeks since I posted this ''Gail Kim returning thread'' and there is still no sign of Gail Kim. I really hope that WWE still has plans to use her. If not, I would be heartbroken. Well, now that it seems that Maryse is injured, this could mean that she will be forced to relinguish the title which would be the perfect time for Gail Kim to return. Have a battle royal tonight for the Diva's Championship and then have Gail Kim debut and win the title (a repeat of her debut in 2003). I don't know about you, but that seems like the perfect plan.

Now, it's been a bit over 3 months since I posted this thread and WWE just started giving promos to promote her return. I've heard that WWE has plans to re-debut Gail Kim after Wrestlemania, but do you think that this long wait with Gail Kim is really going to benefit either the WWE or Gail Kim? Will she be booked well and pushed to her full potential? She has improved a whole lot since her first stint in WWE which is why I hope this she will be more successful this time around.

While Im very happy to hear Gails coming back to WWE via SD.I kinda have mixed feelings about it too .
1/Its a pity she aint joining a roster with an equal number of world champs as Raw like Victoria who didnt feel important enough to stick around for her arrival..With all due respect to the Kellys who improve as they go,you gotta have some divas who can wrestle to make a Championship valid.
2/On TNA Gail was so damn serious about the Knockouts it was always here in No.1 contension,this got a bit BoRiNG towards the end,& even a WiN over Kong was greeted in a Yeah Right! way by me,and probably others.This Her Again attitude ,though valid ,might repeat itself on SD.
While SD have some valid wrestlers like Natalya,slightly sadly shifted to ECW to support beau Tyson,I think its like Christian joining ECW,Upstairs thinking,We gotta give her a World Title shot QuicklY.WWE think highly of her to giver her a World Title on her debut & ask her back to probably do the same.Which makes her original LeaVinG along with Christy Hemmes,all the more bizarre! I just hope its not one of those ,signings where Vince doesnt so much want her to be in wwE as he much as he doesnt want her to be in TNA.

1/Its a pity she aint joining a roster with an equal number of world champs as Raw like Victoria who didnt feel important enough to stick around for her arrival..With all due respect to the Kellys who improve as they go,you gotta have some divas who can wrestle to make a Championship valid.

I disagree with this, as it is, and has been for some time now, the Kelly's, Candice's, and Maryse's that have formed the backbone of the woman's division rather than the Katie Lea's, Victoria's, or Natayla's.

Gail Kim is redebuting in the WWE with a clean slate, which means she'll start off at the bottom of the totem pole, all the stuff she did in TNA will become irrelevant when compared to her new WWE career.

Smackdown is a great place for Gail Kim, as Maryse is one of the top female workers right now in the company and could make Gail look very good if they were to feud.

Since the Divas Title probably won't make a 'Mania appearance, the best thing to do, is to have her be a pick for Smackdown at the draft. Almost no one will see it coming, and when her name and face pop up, it'll be a huge pop for a diva.

It'd especially work, if it's right after a match Maryse wins to get Smackdown the draft pick, so she's in the ring, and the cameraman can get the classic "Oh Shit" look off her.

The feud would work well, and could even make an appearance at a PPV like Backlask or Vengeance.

Gail Kim will destroy Smackdown as Nattie is on ECW and Michelle will be drafted to Raw and replaced by Candice(I'm calling it now). No competition on the Blue Brand and like someone said earlier its so she can win the Divas title her first night back. It's a gift for all her hard work. Hopefully she can train those young girls on Smackdown and at least make them passable.

[QUOTE="The Hardcore Legend" Christian Battlez;892957]Gail Kim will destroy Smackdown as Nattie is on ECW and Michelle will be drafted to Raw and replaced by Candice(I'm calling it now). No competition on the Blue Brand and like someone said earlier its so she can win the Divas title her first night back. It's a gift for all her hard work. Hopefully she can train those young girls on Smackdown and at least make them passable.[/QUOTE]

If Candice is drafted to Samckdown, Gail would probably get knocked down a peg. Maryse and Candice would have much better chemistry than Marsye and Gail, plus Candice is a better performer than Gail. So you might reconsider making another bet if you're a fans of Gail's.

If the WWE does plan on pushing Gail, then they will, but they won't do it over someone else that can perform better than she can.

Well, for some fucked up and unknown reason the Gail Kim promo didn't air on Smackdown here in Australia, but I'm glad she is returning to the WWE. She is decent in the ring but I'm not a huge fan of her mic skills to be honest. I hear she is returning on Smackdown, and that is a great idea. She can easily feud with Maryse for the Divas Championship. Maryse really needs new challengers right now and Kim is the perfect babyface challenger that could possibly even win the belt off her.

Smackdown is in desperate need of women babyfaces. Outside of Maria, there are no legitimate contenders to the Divas Title, since Victoria suddenly retired and all. The Bella Twins can't be taken seriously challenging for a Title, though the Divas Title is essentially worthless anyway.

So I hope the WWE utilizes her well and thrusts her into the Divas Title picture immediately after debuting. Who else is she meant to face? Michelle McCool could be a feud that should happen after Gail wins the Divas Championship. If Candice is traded to Smackdown also, well they can always feud with each other before going their separate ways. But I'm almost certain Gail will return as a babyface.

I hope they give her the strap her first night, like they did a couple of years ago. She might give that belt some life b/c does anyone really care about it. I hope they eventually put her on Raw to face off Beth Phoenix. She might give new energy in WWE divas/womens division in general.

I think Gail will become the Beth Phoenix of Smackdown. She'll probably win the title twice before next years Wrestlemania, then we could see Beth Phoenix vs Gail Kim at Wrestlemania 26? Wouldn't that match be great. They are both good workers and will be awesomely show stealing, best Diva match of all time perhaps?

I think Gail will become the Beth Phoenix of Smackdown. She'll probably win the title twice before next years Wrestlemania, then we could see Beth Phoenix vs Gail Kim at Wrestlemania 26? Wouldn't that match be great. They are both good workers and will be awesomely show stealing, best Diva match of all time perhaps?

No, in fact, as both girls are now that match would probably be a repeat of the Molly/ Victoria match a few years ago at WM. In other words, it'll blow, hard.

Neither Beth nor Gail are very good at making their opponents look good, and both rely on being carried, rather than doing the carrying in a match. I'd place both women up with strong opponents like Maryse, Melina, Candice, and Mickie James and they should do fine

They may not be very good at making opponents look good, but they can both sure as hell make themselves look good. I see your perspective with the comparison to Molly/Victoria, but I think it will be similar to Mickie/Trish at Wrestlemania 22.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back