G-Mods - We need your opinion

Slyfox696

Excellence of Execution
We now have the Wrestlemania 27 sub-forum up, and soon, we'll turn that sub-forum into a main forum. However, KB and I both think it would be a good idea to create a mod for the Wrestlemania 27 forum. We have two posters we want you to evaluate.

hatehabsforever
JGlass14

These are your two and only options. We're not going to mod anyone else, and we're not going to transition a mod from another forum to the WM 27 forum. These are your only two options, for reasons I'm not going into here. KB and I both think either one of these guys will do a decent job, so we're turning discussion over to you to see which you think will do a better job.

Here are things I want you to consider:

1) Is he an active and quality wrestling poster?
2) Does he know wrestling, both currently and historically?
3) Will he spend the time necessary to be a moderator, both in creating discussion and cleaning spam?
4) Is he someone we may look to keep on after WM 27 is over?

Those are four things I want you to think about. Let us know how you feel.

Both would be good options, hatehabsforever has been here for a good while now and much like guys like Jack-Hammer and The Brain he made a name for himself purely in the wrestling sections for the most part. He'd certainly live up to the mod duties if chosen.

I LOVE JGlass14, I do. Guy is very intelligent and well-spoken, he's knowledgeable, and he's extremely easy to talk to. He'd make a perfect mod, but the question is is it too soon for him? He's only been here, what, less than a year? I know that usually doesn't matter but it's a slight advantage for hatehabsforever.

My choice would be JGlass14 probably. Cool guy who I'm sure would live up to his mod duties and could make a possible valuable addition to the whole mod team after Wrestlemania 27.

Oh, quick random question...when did Guy stop being a mod? I remember him mentioning it but I didn't notice his unbolded name until last night.

It's funny because I was thinking about both of these guys and their potential the other day.

Since both guys are equal in all categories that answer Sly's questions (in my opinion), the guy with more tenure should get the spot. I think both of these guys would do the duties asked of them but I always go with more experience when it comes to who would do a better job, simply because they know the rules better than the other.

Habs has been here longer so I choose him.

Both would be good options, hatehabsforever has been here for a good while now and much like guys like Jack-Hammer and The Brain he made a name for himself purely in the wrestling sections for the most part. He'd certainly live up to the mod duties if chosen.

I LOVE JGlass14, I do. Guy is very intelligent and well-spoken, he's knowledgeable, and he's extremely easy to talk to. He'd make a perfect mod, but the question is is it too soon for him? He's only been here, what, less than a year? I know that usually doesn't matter but it's a slight advantage for hatehabsforever.
Actually, JGlass14 has been here for almost two years.

JGlass's profile

Oh, quick random question...when did Guy stop being a mod? I remember him mentioning it but I didn't notice his unbolded name until last night.
The whole GuyCompton=PeteRoseHaircut came out when Guy stepped down.

but I always go with more experience when it comes to who would do a better job, simply because they know the rules better than the other.

Habs has been here longer so I choose him.
Like you and X have said, both have good potential. However, I'm not sure how long each of them have been ACTIVE posters.

By the way, I just want to point out that KB and I were split between the two and now X and D-Man have split between the two.

You guys aren't really helping. ;)

hatehabsforever would have to be my choice at first glace.

1. I've only just started noticing JGlass in the last month or so (unless his name used to be something else), whereas hatehabsforever has been a very good and solid wrestling poster for about a year now (I know it says he signed up in 2007, but I don't think he started posting regularly until last year).

2. I can't comment how much wrestling he knows historically, but current wise I've seen hatehabsforever hold his own with some of the best posters around here. He can be a bit submissive sometimes in his posting, but I don't think we should hold that against him. As far as JGlass with this question.. I really don't know. I just haven't seen enough from him.

3. It seems like I've seen a lot of hatehabsforever posts every day for the past few months, whereas I just started noticing JGlass as I mentioned earlier. I think Habs is more consistent with his time and posting on here than JGlass is.

4. Definitely on BOTH cases. Like I said, I don't know much about JGlass, but it's easy to tell he does like the place and will contribute as much as he can to it if given some responsibility. And I would have to say the same for Habs as well.

So, out of the questions, that's 3-0-1 in favor of hatehabsforever. Of course a lot of that contributes to my ignorance on JGlass as a poster, but for the most part I think I've kept tabs in and around the wrestling sections here, and I just cannot say JGlass catches on my radar regularly like hatehabsforever does, which is ultimately why my vote has to go to hatehabsforever.

Look at JMT, breaking this shit down mathematically. Sly just got a woody from that.

Well there ya go, Sly. jmt for the tiebreaker :p

EDIT: X, get out of my fucking head!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back