G.I. Joe - WOW!

Slyfox696

Excellence of Execution
Like literally. I've never seen a movie try so hard to be cool...and fail so miserably at it.

The shame of it is, with some decent actors, and better dialogue, this could have been a decent movie. But damn, what a shitfest. It tried SOOO hard to give that one iconic moment, that cool new catchphrase that everyone would think is so awesome...and it failed so miserably. And, not just once, but probably close to 50 times.

I don't regret the time I spent watching it, but I'll never watch it again.

second thread on this. Personally, I could see this coming like NASA could see an Alaska sized asteroid heading for earth

nah, well my point was, with the amount of threads on this exact subject (this movie being an absolue abomination) one would get the idea that people were...suprised...by that

Yeah how anyone could have thought this movie looked like anything other than a turd of massive proportions is crazy. Didn't you guys see the trailers? The second I saw Dennis Quaid, I wiped my hands clean of GI Joe and said "No thank you!"

Seriously, I call it the Dennis Quaid rule. 99/100 times if Dennis Quaid is involved in a film, you should avoid it at all costs. He flocks to shit.

Yeah how anyone could have thought this movie looked like anything other than a turd of massive proportions is crazy. Didn't you guys see the trailers? The second I saw Dennis Quaid, I wiped my hands clean of GI Joe and said "No thank you!"

Seriously, I call it the Dennis Quaid rule. 99/100 times if Dennis Quaid is involved in a film, you should avoid it at all costs. He flocks to shit.
Nope, didn't see trailors for it. And, I didn't go because I was desperate to see it, went because a friend was desperate to see it.

Like I said, this could have been a decent movie, it just tried way to hard.

I liked the Dark Knight.

I'm probably going to see GI Joe tonight and I expect an entertaining, if not particularly good, movie. Kofi Kingston liked it and he's my favorite wrestler, so there.

Sam is too cool to enjoy things. He just hates some things less.

Whatever. thats the "im so dark that im so cool" thing to hate of the last year or so, TDK I mean.

Even JAKE said it was great

I'd give it a 60%, some of the dialog was a bit...off if you say, and the flashbacks were often annoying, I understand they were meant too add depth and background for the characters, but they felt so repetitive. Other than some flaws, it was a above average action film with all the over the top action you'd want. Great meld of a origins plot like the 80s show with the look of the (underrated) Sigma 6 series. Can't wait to see how this series continues itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back