• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

FWR Plays Pokemon.

Find'er Woo'er Ryder

:( lost ma Mayhem Title
Well, a few days ago I picked up a copy of Black 2 and have been talking about it in anther thread (New pokemon type in the prison).

I'm on the 4th gym which is electric.

My team:

Servine lv 30
Magnemite lv 31
Golduck lv 30

To make the game harder, the pokes I choose can't share a type with another and only 2 can be dual types.

So talk with me about pokemon. Share ideas on how to be the gym I am on. or what moves I should teach them.

Yeah sorry Typed it wrong he is a Magneton. Golduck is level 33 and he just evolved. I'm still working on the electric gym. Zebstrika is giving me trouble. I can OHKO her Flaffy with Golduck (knows dig) Magnton usually gets Strika down low but that flame charge does work.

OK so I beat the electric gym with a lucky miss. Zebstrika attacked my golduck it missed allowing Me to hit a critical hit dig. Ohko

Pokes:
Servine lvl 32
Magneton lv 34
Golduck lv 34

I think I want a new pokemon. So I think I'm going to go back and catch an eevee and train it til umbreon or espeon.

What do you all think

It depends what you want really. Espeon is a strong all-out attacker with good speed, Umbreon is a supporting wall who works best with status ailments such as Toxic. Take your pick

Well, I'm not EV training and this is just in-game team. I will EV train after I'm done.

I've actaully decided to go with Axew because he is a champ. I really wanted Tranpinch but I don't know when to get him and I'm too lazy to look it up online.

OK, so team looks like this so far

Servine-lv 35
Magnezone-Lv 34
Golduck-lv 36
Axew-Lv 33 ( I think)

My next poke will be an Ice type. I think Swinub would be pretty fun to have. Mamoswine is fast too.

I wouldn't recommend Vanilleux from experience. Dude can't take a hit. Mamoswine would be my port of call, or maybe even Crygonal or Beartic if you want to have a bit of a different team.

Also looking at your team, I would take an Umbreon over Espeon because you've got a few good attackers like Magneton and Axew and a nice defender (which umbreon certainly is) would give you a more rounded team. But also, I remember dark type being very useful against the elite four later on with two of the gym leaders having Psychic and Ghost respectively.

If you go for a pure Ice type as your fifth pokemon, the last spot is open for a dual type. Can't use Hydregion because of the type overlapping. If I could make a few (non-legendary) suggestions... Chandelure? Volcarona? I have a soft spot of Golurk, who can fly too to solve a problem you'll soon encounter. Mind you, so can Volcarona. Really can't go wrong with Volcarona... unless you don't want to wait until level 59 to evolve your Pokemon which I can understand.

I'm actually going to make Serpior into an "Umbreon" kind of wall. I'm going to teach it toxic and Giga Drain. It will know Cut because it already knows it. One other move which might be coil?

I was going to say. I looked it up afterwards and Serperior's defences are not too bad. So no Eevee evolve then? Serperior, Golduck, Magnezone, Haxorus (eventually) Ice type and one other who can be dual typed.

People actually use tactics in Pokemon? I used to just use the coolest looking...

If he's planning on Sneasel or Swinub he can't get Volcarona (only 2 dual types)

Yeah, that's why I reckon something like Crygonal or Beartic would do, although I don't know much about using either.

Valcarona is good when it's lv 75+ so I said no to that. I would love houndour if I could get it.

I used a Houndoom in Pokemon Platinum and it kills fools. Dark Pulse and/or Flamethrower can deal a lot of damage to most Pokemon. Plus it's speed, it's a good attacker.

Cryogonal? I have always avoided most non-evolving Pokémon like the plague because they are mediocre in the long run. There are a few exceptions (Lapras being a notable one). Beartic is a decent physical attacker.

By the way, I remember having lots of trouble with electric gym the first time round. Zebstriker and Emolga. It was due to their speed and ability to paralyze and Volt Tackle spamming on their behalf.

Cryogonal? I have always avoided most non-evolving Pokémon like the plague because they are mediocre in the long run. There are a few exceptions (Lapras being a notable one). Beartic is a decent physical attacker.

Same here. Save for legendary pokemon. Like you say there are some really good ones but not many, Spiritomb definately, Druddigon too maybe. I only recommended it because I know it has decent stats but obviously Mamoswine would be a better option most times.

TLC said:
People actually use tactics in Pokemon? I used to just use the coolest looking...

That'd make you a Pokemaniac, I think. I'm a Pokefan, I use those I like best (Psyduck, any Dragon, the starter I like best and the cutest one).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back