FU change to AA

George Steele's Barber

Advertise Here $9.95/month
Read a Cena article on Grantland.com today. One comment that the author makes is that changing the name of Cena's finisher from the FU to the Attitude Adjustment was an unintentional metaphor.

Does anyone know if choosing the name "Attitude" Adjustment was intentionally a shot to the Attitude Era or is it just a coincidence?

Does every thing that seems like a coincidence have to be treated as a shot in the wrestling world?

@Killjoy - No, it does not. Lots of wrestling terminology has meaning behind it. I am asking a question, not making a statement.

I will take your response to mean that you believe it is just a coincidence. Thanks for the feedback.

I think it is just coincidence as well. "Attitude Adjustment" is just one of those things your father or your football coach threatened you with in the old days.

As the parent of a child who often too loudly discusses his passion for professional wrestling at school, I'm a little grateful for the calls from teachers and visits to the principal's office that the change has saved me.

Are you trying to stir up another Attitude Era vs PG Era debate here? This one I may actually be into, and no disrespect to Jiggles but I actually did watch both eras in their entirety.

Are you trying to stir up another Attitude Era vs PG Era debate here? This one I may actually be into, and no disrespect to Jiggles but I actually did watch both eras in their entirety.

No, I am just wondering if this is coincidence or if there was more meaning behind the name of the move. Did Cena rename the move himself? Has Cena ever answered this question over Facebook or Twitter?

However, if the question triggers an Era debate the more power to me.

P.S. - you may have been talking to Big Nick.

No, not really. However, I'm sick to death of hearing people shit on an era they didn't watch. That's all ;)

No, not really. However, I'm sick to death of hearing people shit on an era they didn't watch. That's all ;)

Understood. I don't really think one era is better than the other though, it's rather even. I go by this; The best parts of the Attitude Era were better than the best parts of the PG Era, but the worst parts of the Attitude Era were WAAAAAAAAAYY worse than the worst parts of the PG Era.

The best parts of the AE were also WAAAAAAAY better than the best parts of PG. You missed the WAAAAAAY in the first part of your statement.

Because I don't think that's true. I'm not the one trying to pass my opinion off as fact though, so I see where you could be confused.

Goddamn revisionists. When did you start watching wrestling? Just out of curiosity....

1996. Plus I've nearly all PPV's spanning from 1994 - 99 on VHS, not watched them all admittedly.

Also, its not that I hate the AE or anything. It was entertaining, but I just think it takes more creativity to make something when you have certain restrictions, like in PG than when you have little to no restrictions like during the Attitude Era.

I don't doubt its impact on wrestling. Don't doubt it was entertaining. But I just prefer post-Attitude and even a small part of pre-Attitude than the actual Attitude Era.

But then what you are saying is that PG is equal to AE which contradicts the fact that you said that both were even.

See it goes like this

Good stuff in AE> Good stuff in PG

Bad Stuff in AE>>>>>>Bad stuff in PG.

AE gets more negative points and hence PG wins, according to you.

But then what you are saying is that PG is equal to AE which contradicts the fact that you said that both were even.

See it goes like this

Good stuff in AE> Good stuff in PG

Bad Stuff in AE>>>>>>Bad stuff in PG.

AE gets more negative points and hence PG wins, according to you.

That was just a brief overview. If I went into more detail then it would level out a bit. For instance, Attitude Era Mid card>PG mid card, AE Women> PG Women, etc.

No disrespect taken. I just get giddy when people mention my name.

And I'd be willing to put up money that it's just a coincidence.

You either need to get your memory checked, or you and Lee should look into getting a group rate for a petrologist. I never talked shit about the Attitude Era, I just said I like the PG Era better.

You either need to get your memory checked, or you and Lee should look into getting a group rate for a petrologist. I never talked shit about the Attitude Era, I just said I like the PG Era better.

And I think you should get some new glasses, contacts, whatever - I didn't mention your name, at all, seeing you and I had this argument weeks ago. Believe it or not, every shot I take isn't aimed at you.

Yes, because you've had SO many conversations with other people regarding the merits of the two eras. If you're gonna take unwarranted shots, the least you could do is own up to it :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back