• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Foley's Final Match

I think that the only guy that could fit with Mick Foley in a wrestling match is Drew McIntyre.
Mick Foley isn't a main event star, sure he is a legend with his gimmicks as Mankind and Cactus Jack, but the truth is "Mick Foley" doesn't draw and he isn't that much popular with the fans.

This is probably the dumbest thing I've read all day. Who main evented WrestleMania 2000? Please, genius, educate the class....

Oh, right, it was Mick Foley. Not Mankid, not Cactus - it was Mick.

I wouldn't mind seeing Mick put over a younger guy. Obviously it wouldn't be Drew McIntyre, because no one gives a shit about Drew McIntyre. Mick is really good at taking a beating, and making the other guy look like a million bucks. Del Rio? Cody Rhodes? Wade Barrett? All of those will work well, if they beat Foley within an inch of his life.

This is probably the dumbest thing I've read all day. Who main evented WrestleMania 2000? Please, genius, educate the class....

Oh, right, it was Mick Foley. Not Mankid, not Cactus - it was Mick.
It was 11 years ago!! Who main evented WrestleMania this year? The Miz!! Thats right, so he is at the same level than Foley right?

11 years ago, Mick Foley wasn't making his "last match" and the truth is that even The Miz now is way more popular than Foley is.
Who fought Undertaker in one of the most memorable HiaC matches? Mankind, not Mick Foley the character.

I wouldn't mind seeing Mick put over a younger guy. Obviously it wouldn't be Drew McIntyre, because no one gives a shit about Drew McIntyre. Mick is really good at taking a beating, and making the other guy look like a million bucks. Del Rio? Cody Rhodes? Wade Barrett? All of those will work well, if they beat Foley within an inch of his life.

The Superstars you just referenced don't need Mick Foley last match, they are already over and they will be major players sooner than later.
So why not push a guy that is being criminal mis-used like Drew McIntyre? You may not like him, but the truth is that even Bret Hart, Roddy Piper, Stone Cold and Jericho say the same thing as I.
You just love to hate and you don't have a reason to say that Drew McIntyre couldn't work in a match against Mick Foley!!
It could be one way to put him over, like using Foley as a guest star on RAW and McIntyre assaults him, building up the feud between the two.

I've been thinking bout takers last match for a while (if in fact next years mania is his last match) and while my No.1 pic would be stone cold but if not him then I'd love to see taker v Mick/mankind

I think John Cena vs Mick Foley could work if they have Cena turn heel. They could have Cena defeat him in a Street fight And brutaly take him out at Elimination Chamber. This would help build The Rock vs John Cena match at Mania. Foley is a long time friend and Tag team partner of The Rock.

I think that not Dolph Ziggler nor Cody Rhodes fits Mick Foley, it would turn out to be a fight between a model and a really attitude era guy, and it would look weird.
Drew McIntyre character is an intense guy, much like Randy Orton but with a complete different move-set, he can be hardcore and Mick Foley could work very well with McIntyre that is very good in the ring and that can sell very well.

WrestleMania match? Hell No!! Survivor Series or TLC PPV? I would love!!

Now I wouldn't say that. McIntyre is an ok choice of they can build him up right but Cody Rhodes is "Disfigured" how would he be considered a model? And remember when Foley put over Orton who had a "pretty boy" persona back then? I think it was a great feud. And it showed a whole different side of Orton. That same thing can happen with Dolph Ziggler. A feud with Foley can make him show off a new brutal side that we never got to see from him.

I'd say if it's gonna be McIntyre then they should build him up strong before feuding him with Foley. Let's face it Drew hasn't done anything but job in the past few months or so. So I'd say have McIntyre beat someone like Kofi or Bourne then after the match brutally attack him giving him a storyline injury. Then Drew can go on a roll and maybe even win the U.S title. THEN they can feud him with Foley somehow. What Nick said about fans not caring about Drew is kinda true. Let's face it the WWE has been seriously burying him. Though the last time I've seen him on TV he got a pretty good reaction for someone who isn't a even a midcarder anymore. I'm just saying that I can't see Drew McIntyre. Who the WWE has been seriously burying as of late. Just come out and beat on Foley. They need to repush him first and get him some serious heat. Though I think if he takes out Foley he would get alot of heat anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back