• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Floyd Mayweather vs. Shane Mosley

jmt225

Global Moderator
Anybody actually ordering this? Should be a great fight, but with UFC 113 next week (stacked card, including everyone's favorite: Kimbo Slice), I couldn't spare $60 for this, and I didn't feel like going to a bar/restaurant tonight to watch it. But I'll catch the replay soon, so it's all good.

Also, interesting note: This card is expected to do 2 Million buys; if it does, then Floyd Mayweather will get a 58.6 Million dollar paycheck for this fight. Oscar De La Hoya and Golden Boy Promotions actually expect the card to do 4 million, and if it does... then Mayweather will get paid over 100 million dollars.

If after tonight Mayweather ever has any money problems again, then he's a fucking idiot. Not to mention if after this fight they can get Mayweather vs. Pacquiao, then he'll most likely get an even bigger paycheck than he gets tonight.

Now, guess what was the biggest paycheck ever given out in MMA? Waiting...

$400,000 to Brock Lesnar and GSP for UFC 100. MMA fighters get paid shit, and that's really a shame. Urijah Faber, pretty much the sole reason the WEC pay-per-view a week ago got $200,000 buys, you know how much he got paid for his fight? $28,000. And THIS is what his leg looked like after the fight:

yylw9.jpg

Sorry for the tangent, but after mentioning Mayweather's pay, I couldn't help but keep going on.

But yeah... Mayweather vs. Mosley. Who's watching? If you have a real post to make about the fight once it's done, then please share your thoughts here:

http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showthread.php?t=110063

But jmt, they get paid so much more because they don't have to resort to pussy tactics like knees and other things that make them well rounded fighters. Do it the old school way or you're a puss.

Oh and no, I'm not ordering it because the card is mediocre and I can't stand giving Mayweather any of my money.

I went over my friend's house to watch it and drank the most I've drank in a long time.

I drank because I not only gave them $10 for the fight (there were a lot of us to begin with), but I also drank because I spent around $40 on beer between Coors for them and Sam Summer for myself (only did this because my friend who drove decided to be Emeril Lagasse and cater for the fight and I didn't want to make it look like I contributed nothing).

...So it was like I ordered the fight when it was all said and done. And all it did was confirm to me how much more exciting MMA is.

Saw this at a sports bar. Thank heavens I decided not to order it because it was such a terribly uninteresting fight (Mayweather/Mosley, I wasn't there for the undercard).

I'll post my analysis of the fight tomorrow, I'm pretty tired right now.

There wasn't even a moonsault off the top of the cage!

I saw this at a friends house last night. this was pretty boring and one sided, as Mosely went into a defensive mode pretty early on, and never came out of it. Shane looked like an old man out here last night. Mayweather, in my opinion, just did only what he needed to do to win, although he did try to finish him late. Overall, not worth the money.

Seriously, the most enjoyment I had last night was a random conversation about pro wrestling in which I pretended I didn't watch anymore. One thing led to another and soon enough we were fantasy casting a Back To The Future remake with Justin Bieber playing Marty McFly, Ric Flair as Doc Brown, and Sylvester Stallone as Biff.

Watched highlights of Mayweather/Mosley on ESPNnews when I got home from work. It looked boring. Glad I didn't spend money on it.

Honest to god, it was the first time I ever saw Mayweather fight, because boxing flat-out does not interest me. I don't understand why people love seeing him fight so much. He got some nice punches in there, but eh... not even remotely impressed for someone who makes like $50 million a fight.

I'm not a Boxing fan.

Truth be told, I'm not an MMA/UFC fan either. I've at least tried giving UFC chances to entertain me though. Boxing.. to me.. is just flatout boring.

50 million dollars to run away the whole time. I thought it was a "FIGHT" how the fuck do you call doing nothing but avoiding your opponet for 15 rounds a fight?

I paid money for a mayweather "fight" once. Never again. The purists can talk shit, but at least in MMA, they actually, y'know fight each other.

I urge all of you to purchase UFC 113 next weekend. If you can't purchase it, PM me and I'll help you out.

There's something on the card for everyone, and it should be 5 exciting fights. You'll see fireworks from Kimbo/Mitrione and Koscheck/Daley. The Shogun/Machida rematch should be another technical masterpiece.

Fail

I don't know what you guys were watching but it was actually a pretty good fight. Typical though really, MMA fans are never going to get it as they're only interested in artless brutality.

You've never watched an MMA fight. At least with MMA, there's a lot more going on than punch-punch-hug-ref break... which is what Mayweather/Mosley boiled down to.

Go watch Shogun/Machida 1 and tell me that MMA is "artless brutality".

Im all about artless brutality. that, would be, a FIGHT. when i hear the word "fight" that is what it is intended to BE. Not, fucking dance around each other and do nothing

I urge all of you to purchase UFC 113 next weekend. If you can't purchase it, PM me and I'll help you out.

There's something on the card for everyone, and it should be 5 exciting fights. You'll see fireworks from Kimbo/Mitrione and Koscheck/Daley. The Shogun/Machida rematch should be another technical masterpiece.

Cote/Belcher should be entertaing as well!!

We better have a LD on it

Oh, there will be. I always make them for the UFC cards. I might not be here after the Sam "Hands of Pumice" Stout/Jeremy Stephens fight though

You people are the most disrespectful stupid piles of shit I've ever seen, and your idiocy shines through like sun spot hearing you talk about boxing and last nights fight. Your so fucking stupid and you know so little about boxing of course it was boring to you, you don't know what your watching and can't analyze it. What you understand are guys dry humping on the ground and pretending to know how to fight, throwing little sissy kicks, and doing anything to avoid actually fighting.

If anyone you would have had your heads out of your vaginas or out of the ass of mma, you would have seen a brilliant technical fight from Floyd Mayweather, and Shane Mosley showing the heart of a champion going the distance while taking an ass beating. You fuckers make me sick and truthfully I can say after what I am hearing that I fucking hate you and if I ever had the opportunity I would beat your fucking brains out of your head just like a boxer and show you how in-effective your bullshit mma is. I would gladly demolish any of you as you are primarily wastes of air, life, and skin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back