• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Flair's career match, dream match if you will

mark4life

Dark Match Winner
I was just thinking about an alternate scenario about a possible Flair career match. Now we already know he's facing Shawn at Mania, but if we can go back a few months ago, & it was book diffently, I would definitely love seen this unfold before my eyes. Now given that Mania is in Florida this year, backyard of TNA. This just pop in my head as a scenario. Very far fetched but would be something people would be talking about for years to come. Thinking about the perfect wrestler facing Flair on the biggest stage of the year, many come to mind, but one I see not contracted with the WWE and that man is Sting. I know this sounds so crazy but if you think about this could work out well for both companies and especially the fans. These guys work so well together for many years. They pretty much made each other with their storylines.(Clash of the Champions 1, 4 Horsemen, Final Nitro) It just seems the perfect fit & ending for the Nature's Boy final hurrah. Now I can see both sides benefit from this 1) Vince has always wanted Sting to wrestle for his company, but to Sting's rebuttle he has always turned down an offer from the boss. This may just be the final nudge for one night only that could be history making! 2) It would be great promotion for TNA especially in Orlando when they're still gonna have shows around that weekend & just the overrall product since now WWE puts their TV shows results on their official website. I dunno about how the rest of you guys feel about this idea/dream. It would be a special treat for the business & as well as the fans to have seen this unfold. Open mic...

This would be absolutely the perfect ending. THose two had so many legendary matches. On the last nitro when flair came out and said he wanted to fight sting, it was absolutely perfect. They compliment each other perfectly. Shawn is deserving, but he just doesn't seem to fit. And it should definately be arn inducting Flair. Sting would be great though. It would be the perfect sendoff.

This would be absolutely the perfect ending. THose two had so many legendary matches. On the last nitro when flair came out and said he wanted to fight sting, it was absolutely perfect. They compliment each other perfectly. Shawn is deserving, but he just doesn't seem to fit. And it should definately be arn inducting Flair. Sting would be great though. It would be the perfect sendoff.

Why do you think Shawn doesn't seem to fit? On the contrary I think he fits very well. Flair and Shawn have always been close, and they are both really good wrestlers. I think Flair is happy about Shawn ending his career, as he respects him a lot, and it has sentimental value. Everyone also knows what a good match they could have, and Flair's last match should be a great one, to show what his career was.

I think the reason things with Sting, or anyone else from a different promotion wouldn't happen, is because the WWE don't want to promote another brand that much. Someone on TNA retiring one of the best names to ever step foot in the ring? That makes it seem as if TNA has better names than we do, and is something that shouldn't be thought of. The WWE don't want to risk it, when they have wrestlers who are able to do it well here.

I think Sting should wrestle flair for the above mentioned, and continue to wrestle up until next years wrestlemania for his retirement. IMO having him Wrestle Shawn Michaels would be the best career ending one could hope for doesn't matter who wins, but having the two biggest icons have one match we all dreamt of to end another career.

Then again dreams are dreams, if Sting ever did sign with WWE it'd be amazing, but surreal.

Well, as far as I know Sting is not actually under a contract to TNA. I believe that earlier this year when the WWE said they were planning a Sting DVD I saw this as a ploy to try and get Sting to come over to retire Flair. But this probably would have been one of the best solutions, I also like the idea of Randy Savage, but Vince would never go for that. I would also like to add that I am glad it is HBK and not Triple H.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back