Flair Region, Third Round, 2/3 Falls: (4) Chris Jericho vs. (5) CM Punk

Who Wins This Match?

• Chris Jericho

• CM Punk

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
CM Punk's 400 day title reign was awful. He headlined less than one third of the PPVs (5/17). He was an afterthought.

CM Punk never headlined a WrestleMania. Chris Jericho did against Triple H.

Chris Jericho beat The Rock and Stone Cold in the same night. CM Punk couldn't beat The Rock 10 years past his prime even while using heel tactics.

CM Punk didn't have much competition. Just Cena, Orton, Del Rio, and Sheamus. Jericho debuted in an era that featured Austin, Rock, HHH, Foley, Taker, Angle, and Benoit. Also HBK, Hogan, Booker T, Eddie, RVD, and Mysterio shortly after. The 2010-2013 era of WWE doesn't match up.

When CM Punk debuted he wasn't a big deal. His first feud was in ECW against Stevie Richards. Jericho debuted and immediately starting feuding with The Rock.

CM Punk left us more to be desired. He walked out in his prime. Jericho has been in the company at least 10 years and counting.

Vote for Jericho

CM Punk's 400 day title reign was awful. He headlined less than one third of the PPVs (5/17). He was an afterthought.

Yet he was still featured prominently. It was just bad timing on his part that he won the title when they were setting up Cena vs Rock 1 and 2

CM Punk never headlined a WrestleMania. Chris Jericho did against Triple H.

He went up against Undertaker pre broken streak which is essentially the same as headlining.

Chris Jericho beat The Rock and Stone Cold in the same night. CM Punk couldn't beat The Rock 10 years past his prime even while using heel tactics.

CM Punk just beat the face of the company in John Cena and arguably the second biggest face of the company in 2009 (Jeff Hardy) Jericho beating Rock and Austin is good and all but outside the spectacle it didn't really shake things up that much. Punk made kids cry by making Hardy leave and the hype for the match between him and Cena was the biggest thing seen in wrestling in ages.

CM Punk didn't have much competition. Just Cena, Orton, Del Rio, and Sheamus. Jericho debuted in an era that featured Austin, Rock, HHH, Foley, Taker, Angle, and Benoit. Also HBK, Hogan, Booker T, Eddie, RVD, and Mysterio shortly after. The 2010-2013 era of WWE doesn't match up.

Punk had memorable feuds with the 'sub par' people he had to work with (Morrison, Jeff Hardy, Rey Mysterio, John Cena, Paul Heyman etc) Jericho's feuds you have to think about. Punk's you instantly think of.

When CM Punk debuted he wasn't a big deal. His first feud was in ECW against Stevie Richards. Jericho debuted and immediately starting feuding with The Rock.

No he didn't he feuded with Chyna over the intercontinental title and Kane over spilt coffee

CM Punk left us more to be desired. He walked out in his prime. Jericho has been in the company 16 years and counting.

Isn't that a good thing. Wanting more from someone. When Jericho comes back you instantly wonder who he's going to put over which ultimately won't mean much because he always puts people over.

Yet he was still featured prominently. It was just bad timing on his part that he won the title when they were setting up Cena vs Rock 1 and 2.

Punk was an afterthought to Cena. Always was. No one cared about his reign. He just wasn't that important.

He went up against Undertaker pre broken streak which is essentially the same as headlining.

Mark Henry also went up against Undertaker. It's not that big of a deal.

CM Punk just beat the face of the company in John Cena and arguably the second biggest face of the company in 2009 (Jeff Hardy) Jericho beating Rock and Austin is good and all but outside the spectacle it didn't really shake things up that much. Punk made kids cry by making Hardy leave and the hype for the match between him and Cena was the biggest thing seen in wrestling in ages.

Jericho beat the two biggest stars of all time (excluding Hogan) in one night.

Punk vs. Cena was good for one month. It was ruined when Punk returned just one week after Money in the Bank. Punk vs. Hardy was great but nothing close to Rock and Austin.

Punk had memorable feuds with the 'sub par' people he had to work with (Morrison, Jeff Hardy, Rey Mysterio, John Cena, Paul Heyman etc) Jericho's feuds you have to think about. Punk's you instantly think of.

HBK, Punk, Rock, Benoit, HHH, Edge, Mysterio, Malenko, and others off the top of my head.

No he didn't he feuded with Chyna over the intercontinental title and Kane over spilt coffee.

Actually yes Jericho debuted into a feud with Rock.

And Kane and Chyna are infinitely more credible than being on the "C Brand" feuding with Stevie Richards.

Isn't that a good thing. Wanting more from someone. When Jericho comes back you instantly wonder who he's going to put over which ultimately won't mean much because he always puts people over.

No it's not. It leaves you wondering what could have been and how many more great feuds and matches Punk could've been apart of over the last 2 years plus.

My post deleted itself, so I'm going to leave it brief. I can see why you'd vote Punk, he certainly did more with the title than Jericho ever did. But part of the reason I love wrestling is from watching Jericho's promos in 2000 and 2001. I don't think I've ever been happier for a wrestling outcome as when he beat HHH for the title and then had it rescinded. My childhood would never forgive me if i voted Punk.

While I can't say it's unexpected, I'm sad to see Jericho losing here. I'm never the one to pull the "you're voting for this guy because he's more recent", but I feel like Jericho would get some more love if his career in the US just started a few years later. He was the most entertaining thing going in WCW for time, and then his debut promo with The Rock is one of my all time favorite segments. And when WWE was firing on all cylinders not too long ago, one of the best things they had was Jericho v Rey.

I won't argue against Punk, but Jericho has my support.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back