Flair Region, Fourth Round, 3 Stages of Hell: (1) Ric Flair vs. (5) CM Punk

Discussion in 'Flair Region' started by klunderbunker, Apr 19, 2016.

?

Who Wins This Match?

1. Ric Flair

2. CM Punk

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. enviousdominous

enviousdominous Behold my diction

Well in my universe you're the epitome of smarmy, and my preamble was meant to capture you as a whole.

I'm glad that you're glad.

Then I cheerfully withdraw the point I made and apologize for misinterpreting your point.

I actually remember watching that on tv, and I can honestly say that it didn't hold a candle to CM Punk beating John Cena the second time they fought. WCW hyped it up like it was the most amazing moment ever, and then Luger lost the belt back to Hogan in five days so WCW could get it right and have Hogan drop the belt to Sting. Top guys usually get to keep a world title for longer than a work week.

Here's a little history lesson for you; the closest Luger ever came to being the top guy was when Ric Flair was fired, and even then the fans weren't having any of that so they had to go with Sting.

Obviously I can't make you think that CM Punk was ever a top guy, but saying that Lex Luger could rival his popularity is something that I'll never accept either. So yeah, agree to disagree.

Ah, well. I should have probably warned you then that I like to casually dismiss petty off-hand comments like "sounds like a dick to me". My mistake.

It involves a cage, that's why I related it to this match.

I stand corrected.

Pardon my paranoia, but you're getting a little too preachy for my comfort when it comes to two performers who you don't like. Maybe you're in denial of the fact that you kind of like Ric Flair, or maybe you just like putting guys like me in their place. I won't go planting seeds of suspicion, my boy Punk obviously isn't taking this one.

I disputed that John Cena could beat Earthquake two years ago, you take me too lightly good Sir.

2. Pay Per Ghost

Pay Per Ghost What they f*ck happened in the thread section here

I vote Flair and its because of one thing Sly said. Punk was second best in his prime, in his territory. Cena was, is top dog.

Flair was the marquee of NWA, as a heel. The horsemen would get involved and Flair would heat to win, but he'd win against someone like Punk.

3. ServantofTwilight

ServantofTwilight Pre-Show Stalwart

Lets not forget victories over Kerry Von Erich, Wahoo McDaniels, Jimmy Garvin, Nikita Koloff and Ricky Morton( All defending the NWA World Championship); Roddy Piper( Defending the WWF World Championship ) and Triple H( defending the Intercontinental Championship).

4. It's...Baylariat!

It's...Baylariat! Team Finnley Baylor

Thank God there's some logic in this tournament. Was worried for a moment that I'd rage on a random thread in this tourney and get banned...alas, Flair advances over Punk, which he should.

Flair in his prime may be rivaled by the likes of Austin, Hogan, Undertaker, and even Cena. Also, Flair in cage matches were usually wins for him, aside from War Games and the ones past his prime.

Punk was great in the ring, but I can't put him at the level of Flair and the margin of victory is about right for this match up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.