First To Be World Champ: Ted Dibiase Jr or John Morrison.

John Morrison or Ted Dibiase Jr?

• John Morrison

• Ted Dibiase Jr.

• Both

Results are only viewable after voting.
Dibiase has to win a mid-card title, hold a feud on his own, and somewhat pull some mic work before he will get to be world champ. He has plenty of time. Morrison I could see getting a shot by next year. I want to see more character depth from Dibiase first, and some more from Morrison.

Ted DiBiase Jr has come leaps and bounds since joining Legacy, IMO. He is way ahead of Cody Rhodes. In fact, if he were to turn on Randy Orton and Cody Rhodes tomorrow, the fans would be behind him 100%. He has natural charisma, amazing in-ring talent and he'll go a long, long way in the WWE (probably as a face).

If WWE are planning on having DiBiase turn on Legacy, Survivor Series would be a good time to do it. So long as they keep the belt with Orton (which they should), a future Orton/DiBiase feud would be great (and refreshing, rather than the usual Cena/Orton and HHH/Orton feuds that I'm sure many of you have grown bored with).

The way Morrison has been pushed as of late, I sure hope he gets the gold before Ted. Don't get me wrong. Ted is a hell of a talent and has really come of age as of late, but he's not winning it on Raw just yet, and for the love of God stop teasing us and put Morrison into the WHC scene and go with it already.

The way Morrison has been pushed as of late, I sure hope he gets the gold before Ted. Don't get me wrong. Ted is a hell of a talent and has really come of age as of late, but he's not winning it on Raw just yet, and for the love of God stop teasing us and put Morrison into the WHC scene and go with it already.

I agree -- Morrison is great. He is more than worth of becoming WWE Champion, but I just have a feeling that Ted will land that particular gold first (WWE or World title). Morrison is the next HBK, IMO....DiBiase will also go far.

I Don't get what people see in Ted Jr Or legacy his Promos Suck His in ring skill is average his music sucks the guy is just plain boring.. So my pick is jomo dude has crazy talent

I disagree. For such a young guy, Ted is good on the mic and his style of wrestling is good too. Remember when his dad made the match against Orton? People were cheering for Ted like crazy.

I can't see Morrison as a world champion yet. To me he doesn't sound natural on the mic. He doesn't seem over with crowd as hard as they are trying to push him as a face.
Ted Jr. has the look more of a champ and has been involved in matches with more main event guys. Yes he needs to wrestle singles matches to prove more that he is ready. And I think he's the best choice of all the young guys as of this point to be the next champ.
So my pick is Ted Jr. as he has the look and feel of a world champion.

Morrison looks like a star, DiBiase looks vanilla. As for not sounding natural on the mic, Morrison yes isn't that comfortable on the stick but DiBiase is just stiff. His promos sound like he's just reading off of cue cards with no passion and no conviction. Yes DiBiase has been mixing it up with more high profile wrestlers but Morrison has been pushed heavily on Smackdown and has been consistently impressive in matches with "lesser' stars whearas DiBiase has had a series of hot and cold pushes on RAW and has not been as consistent in the ring in matches with the biggest stars in the company. So with that said however, Morrison it seems does not have the confidence of the powers that be based on the fact that he hasn't been mixing it up with the "biggest" stars in the company and that he had a streak of being left off of PPV for quite some time. I feel that DiBiase for whatever reason has the confidence of management and will be crowned World Champion first but Morrison will not be far behind.

okey well my opinion on this that john morrison will get the belt b4 teddy. My reasoning for this is that jo mo has been around longer and he has held both the mid card titles as well as an ecw title so just with that singles title experience and more experience in the ring i think jo mo will be a world heavyweight champion sometime next year hes just got to get over with the crowd and bit more then hes ready

I really see John Morrison winning the heavyweight title before Ted winning the WWE title for a couple reasons:
1.Morrison has already had 3 singles titles reigns(ecw, us, ic), ted = 0
2.Morrison has a lot more vets on smackdown to get advice from and to learn from such as taker, matt hardy, bastista, kane, etc, while Ted pretty much as hhh, hbk, Orton, and maybe Cena,
3. Morrison has shown that he can wrestle in singles matches and has some big wins, he has beaten Punk like 4 times, he beat Rey Rey even though Rey was going to lose the title because of suspension but still, Ted is all tag-team right now, and when he does do singles matches he has cody at ringside to interfer
4. Morrison has the look and chasima to be champion, reminds me of a young hbk/bret hart/brian pillman, Ted is just so boring using copied finishers from his father, and just boring on the mic

question I got is how many singles main-events has Ted had on Raw compared to singles main-events Morrison has had on Smackdown, Morrison has more singles matches then Ted does,

wow this is a very very good thread as both Dibiase and Morrison are my 2 picks to be the dominate stars in the near future. Since he was in MNM i've always sed that Morrison is a champion in the making and my point has only been proven as time progressed. Its only a matter of time before he reaches main event status

I really don't get this love for Ted Dibiase. He hasn't really shown me much at all. Granted, most of that can be blamed on WWE Creative, as most of the problems in WWE can be pinned upon, but still. I need to see more out of him someway, somehow.

With Dibiase, i think its more of the fact that he is the son of the Million Dollar Man so there is a ton of expectation behind him. And the fact that he is as good as he is, makes ppl like him even more.

But i think Dibiase will get it b4 Morrison because of the fact that it seems like WWE is grooming him to be champion wun day much like they did with Orton. Dibiase has already played his role in the biggest (and most annoying) fued of the year with HHH and Orton and he has now getting some major exposure with DX. He has also had some pretty solid singles matches. The wun with Orton was electric, like u knew Orton was gonna win the match, but deep down u were hoping that Dibiase wud at least show that he can hang at a main even level which he did. I think Morrison as at a point where he is well on his way to be a world champ, but generally when guys are really hott in the mid-card level like he is, they tend to take a bit longer to reach the top. I would love to see a match between the 2

I cannot look past JoMo to win the big one first, however it wouldnt be the first the time the WWE have pulled a fast one and swerved me. I really didn't see Orton beating Benoit for the title at summerslam but they pulled that one out. Although as many people said, they regretted it and it almost killed Randy Orton's career.

So I am picking John Morrison on logic and hope :) -

Just My Opinion

I think Morrison will get the main event championship first simply because it seems they are pushing him that way already. IF this was a comparison of Dibease's future vs. Morrison's I would say Dibease because I see Ted as a main event player for years to come.

im gonna have to chose dibiase. yeah he hasnt held a singles tiitle yet, but who cares, hes proved himself as a wrestler(to me at least) and his match with randy orton earlier this year was great. correct me if im wrong, but did batista have any singles belt reigns before he won the title from hhh, i pretty sure he didnt. all morrison has on ted is his flashy high flyin moves and how many champions do moves like tht(with the exception of mysterio whn he held the title a few years ago). with his moveset i see morrison stayin in the mid-card scene for a while longer. he may be champion one day but ted dibiase will definately beat him too it. ted is already being pushed around main-eventers like hhh, hbk, orton, cena, think about it, he is much closer to a main event title thn morrison. plus ted has tht look tht vince likes for his champions. all ted dibiase needs to do is drop rhodes and he'll be within a month of a title shot IMO. :jason:

I for one think that Dibiase will win the title first, that doesn't mean that I don't like Morrison though. In fact I think Morrison works some great matches, i.e. the match against Mysterio for the intercontinental title was pretty good, but having said that I don't think that his mic skills are all there yet, as a face, because as a face it seems like everything he says is much more scripted. I think Morrison will win the belt when he turns heal again as it is inevitable because he is a better heal than face. And when he was in a tag with Miz his mic skills in my opinion were better kind of like when he was ECW Champion.

My logic behind Dibiase winning the belt is that there is many angles they could do for him to win the belt just by being apart of legacy. Yeah he could win the Royal Rumble but if he does it's not gonna be this year just because if Edge is back he'll win or I think CM Punk will win it and go to Raw because I think Orton will win the Iron Man Match because WWE is gonna try and setup Taker vs. Cena for Taker's last match at WM. Plus if Cena does lose and goes to Smackdown, then there really is no place for Punk in the title picture because you would have Taker, Batista, Cena, and Edge (when he gets back) plus Jericho when him and show lose the Unified Tag Belts. Now what kind of angle they do we'll have to wait and see but what I think they might try to do is kind of like the Orton vs. Benoit scenario when Evolution turned on Orton after he won the belt from Benoit. If CM Punk goes to Raw I think that he will win the title from Orton which would leave the door wide open for Dibiase becoming the Number One Contender, or even doing a Triple Threat of Orton vs. Punk vs. Dibiase where somehow Dibiase pins Punk to win the Championship and after all three members of legacy are in the ring Orton and Rhodes turn on him and tell him to forfeit the belt. Which would then result in a match about a month later and Orton bringing in Brett Dibiase, as WWE already hinting on the possibility of Brett joining when he got involved in Orton's Match against Cena at SummerSlam, to help Orton be champion again having Brett Dibiase be the new member of Legacy. This scenario would go over big with crowd and catapult him to a main event player like it did to Orton. After all we hear every week from King and Cole how much Dibiase and Rhodes look like Orton, why not have him win his first WWE Championship title in a similar fashion that Orton did.

Ted hasnt emerged as a singles competitor yet, although a feud with him and Orton could happen at any moment. Morrison is on a role and was even featured on the latest issue of PWI with the caption "Mojo's Risin'", Morrison is going places quickly! He could easily dump the IC title to the huge amount of midcard status on Smackdown and push for the WH title at the drop of a hat. I think he just has the belt to put over that division and then jump to main event anyhow. Since Rey left I think they needed him to pick up the pace. Ted needs to win singles matches before he is ever WWE champ. They need to do it the right way with him and build him up like they did with Orton, and Batista. I dont want to see Ted win the belt in the next two years because he is so young. If he wins it at 23, then hes gonna hold it 12more times before he's 30. With the right build Ted Jr could be one of the greatest of all time. Morrison is half way thru the building process, its his time within the next 8 months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back