First Round: Montreal - Sting vs. Hayabusa

Who Wins This Matchup?

• Sting

• Hayabusa

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a first round matchup in the Montreal Subregion. The ring and arena are universal throughout the first round and the organization is not a factor. There is a 20 minute time limit. Vote using any criteria you like. Most votes in the poll at the end of the time period wins. In the case of a tie we will go off of the number of written votes. In the case of a second tie, both are eliminated.

molson_grande.jpg

Sting

Steve-Borden.jpg

Vs.

Hayabusa

Hayabusa795.jpg

Voting is open for 4 days.

Sting is one of the greatest Americans of all-time, who has had success at the highest levels. Hayabusa is a middling Japanese wrestler who's best success came in FMW, which I personally detest. Easy call for the Stinger.

Easy call for Stinger.

That it is indeed. I pick Sting. Now I don't know much about Hayabusa, but I do know that he spent many years going back and forth between Japanese promotions. Now that I'm researching him however, it seems that he had his best day in FM-AW, Frontier Martial-Arts Wrestling. Other than that, he looks to be a Japanese upper-mid carder to me. Sting on the other hand is the greatest superstar to never work for Vince McMahon, multiple time champion, has held almost every title there was to hold in each company that he's been in. He is a legend in this business.

All I really need to say is that his iconic status rivals that of Shawn Michaels. He was WCW's HBK, and he's pretty much TNA's HBK.

Sting wins by a mile

Actually, this match is much MUCH closer than the two of you are giving it credit. Don't get me wrong, there are too things im known for on here. One is being an ass. The other is being one of the, if not the biggest Sting mark on these forums. Still though, this match is a lot closer than we all think.

Hayabusa reminds me a little of Sabu, except he was almost always on the mark. It really is too bad that he had that injury. He was the absolute top man in FMW, and the company didnt last long without him. He had a great arsenal of moves, that would easily send Sting reeling in the beginning. I just know Sting, and know he would pull out the victory here. Can't go wrong with either pick though. Sting is just my fave, and I believe he would win. But not easily.

For those of you who don't know Hayabusa, here is just a little tribute video. It has a very shitty song though, so pay no mind to the song. Enjoy the vid!!

Sting gets my vote though. As he is just levels above everyone.

Sting is very fun to watch and he has accomplished a lot in his wrestling career. He was great on WCW and he help WCW a lot and he is also great on TNA. Hayabusa is just like Sabu he will go to the extreme and gives us a hell of a match, and I respect him a lot for that, but sadly his career was cut short because of a stupid wrestling move. I think if that wouldn't had happend he would have beat Sting in this match, but sadly he can't.

The score is 37-1 but I still chose Hayabusa.

I know that everyone thinks that Hayabusa is outmatched and it'll be a squash but you guys aren't giving Hayabusa enough credit. The match will be close, fast-paced, exciting and fun. Hayabusa gives his entire heart and soul in every match and Sting has all my respect when he steps into the ring.

Sting has all the credentials and is great worker. He carried WCW and in my opinion and to this day is still a force in TNA. He's a six-time WCW World Heavyweight Champion, two-time NWA World Heavyweight Champion, two-time WCW International World Heavyweight Champion, two-time TNA World Heavyweight Champion and former WWA World Heavyweight Champion. Sting has done it all and the fact that he's still wrestling and still an attraction is a big middle finger to VKM.

If Hayabusa were still alive, he'd still be lighting the junior heavyweight scene on fire in Japan. Or he might even be in TNA carrying the mid card scene along with the other great wrestlers in the X division.

In terms of impact, Hayabusa is no slouch either. He WAS Frontier Martial-Arts Wrestling. He innovated the Falcon Arrow and the Phoenix Splash. He was an incredible hardcore wrestler that put his life on the line every time he leaped off the ropes.

In every possible way, Hayabusa is outmatched. Sting is an incredible wrestler/entertainer and when he retires, he'll be in the Hall of Fame, something that Hayabusa will never be able to say.

I only have one reason as to why I think Hayabusa can sneak out a win. Speed. I think that Hayabusa may be able to pin Sting after a very close 10 minute match via small package/ roll-up.

This was one of the worst first round match-ups that Hayabusa could have had. But hey, there have been many wrestlers who have lost because of a school boy/ roll-up. Sting is a prime candidate because of his build. He's not too big for Hayabusa to surprise him from behind. The Flying Assassin for the upset win.
Hayabusa.jpg
hayabusa.jpg
gannosukehayabusa_32986.jpg

Hayabusa was incredibly unlucky to have his career end the way it did, but this isn't a sympathy contest. The truth is, Sting has been one of the biggest names in North American wrestling for 20 years, and he has beaten countless opponents of differing styles and standards. I'm sure this'd be fun to watch, but ultimately Sting'd win.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back