Second Round : Montreal - Sting vs. Steve Williams

Who Wins This Matchup?

• Sting

• Steve Williams

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a second round matchup in the Montreal Subregion. The ring and arena are universal throughout the first round and the organization is not a factor. There is a 20 minute time limit. Vote using any criteria you like. Most votes in the poll at the end of the time period wins. In the case of a tie we will go off of the number of written votes. In the case of a second tie, both are eliminated. Assume one week has passed since the first match.

molson_grande.jpg

Sting

Steve-Borden.jpg

Vs.

Dr. Death Steve Williams

dr_death.jpg

Voting is open for 4 days.

Dr. Death, great guy. Certainly has the edge in the size of his picture department here. I remember reading a column on him and thought he was pretty darn cool. However, he's facign Dr. Borden here. Despite the fact that he's more or less decrepit in TNA at this point, that doesn't mean Sting wasn't actually good or entertaining before. Apparently there was this company called WCW and Sting was like the man there. Also, the face paint looks a lot better when you aren't slightly overweight and balding.

The stinger was someone who i marked out for as a kid. dr death is someone who has my respect now. Dr death goes over here. the man was undefeated for 10 years can sting say that he did that hell no. dr death hits the oklahoma stampede for the win

Dr. Death would give Sting a helluva fight. And has before. I'm almost positive they've wrestled more than a few times and Dr. Death ended up beating Sting. But younger Sting and the Sting at the apex of his career are two different people. Sting would end up beating Dr. Death but it would be a battle.

And just because Sting's cool, doesn't mean DR. Death shouldn't get no more than one vote. Do some research or something guys.

This would be a really good match, but I think in a kayfabe match, Sting would pull out the victory. Williams would give him a helluva fight, and Sting would take some serious punishment, but ultimately, somehow, Sting would win.

From the "greater wrestler" standpoint, yeah Sting wins this easily. Williams was a very good wrestler, legitimate tough guy, great athlete, but he was never a main event draw in any of the major American companies. He was big in the territories, but whenever he went to WCW or WWE he wasn't a major player. He had good runs in WCW, but he was never a main event player.

Sting on the otherhand was the biggest star WCW produced in the post NWA-days and was one of the biggest stars of the '90s hands down. Sting is a much bigger player in the history of wrestling than Steve Williams. And he's still a top guy in TNA nearly 25 years after his career began. Sting is one of the greatest babyfaces of all-time no doubt.

Sting wins this one.

Dr. Death was a great wrestler, but I think on American soil, Sting probably has enough to take this one home. I know that he never lost in the US for a long time, but that was because he never really wrestled there very often. Sting was probably WCW's best home grown star, and though I think he'd find this match difficult, I think he's probably got enough in his repetoire to counter Williams' power.

I'm struggling to recall what the Lariat is talking about when he says these two wrestled each other; to my recollection it never happened. But if they did, I wouldn't doubt for a second that it was fantastic and that Steve Williams could have won the match.

If Dr. Death wasn't going up against my favourite wrestler, then I wouldn't have much doubt about voting for him. Very tough guy, decorated career, a high quality body of work ranging from the early 80's to the mid-late 90's. Sting was the face of a company, a multi-time world champion, and has a stellar body of work up until the late 90's. Sting has dealt with people Dr. Death's size, on many occasions bigger, and has a fair good ratio of beating them. This is a guy who could fly around the ring like a cruiserweight, brawl with the likes of Foley and Anderson, slam guys in the 400-500lbs region and walk around the entire ring with Vader on his back. Not to mention his endurace and stamina was near impeccable at one point. The guy was far from a slouch, and pretty much every in-ring facet you look at, he's more than capable of. Sting takes this.

I'm struggling to recall what the Lariat is talking about when he says these two wrestled each other; to my recollection it never happened. But if they did, I wouldn't doubt for a second that it was fantastic and that Steve Williams could have won the match.

It was in the old Mid-South/UWF in the mid to lat 80s. While I am not sure if they ever wrestled a one on one match they did meet in tag matches. William/DiBiase vs The Blade Runners or Hot Stuff Inc would have Williams meeting Sting. You can find tag matches on Youtube, but again I am not sure about singles.

I voted for Williams. Sting wins the popularity contest but in a wrestling match on a nuetral site I think Williams is too much for Sting.

If Dr. Death wasn't going up against my favourite wrestler, then I wouldn't have much doubt about voting for him. Very tough guy, decorated career, a high quality body of work ranging from the early 80's to the mid-late 90's. Sting was the face of a company, a multi-time world champion, and has a stellar body of work up until the late 90's. Sting has dealt with people Dr. Death's size, on many occasions bigger, and has a fair good ratio of beating them. This is a guy who could fly around the ring like a cruiserweight, brawl with the likes of Foley and Anderson, slam guys in the 400-500lbs region and walk around the entire ring with Vader on his back. Not to mention his endurace and stamina was near impeccable at one point. The guy was far from a slouch, and pretty much every in-ring facet you look at, he's more than capable of. Sting takes this.

They wrestled in the Universal Wrestling Federation back in the mid 80's. The UWF was ran out of Oklahoma and booked by Cowboy Bill Watts. Eventually, the company was merged with Jim Crockett Promotions and the UWF titles were merged with the NWA title. But before that, Sting wrestled Dr. Death a time or two in going for the UWF Heavyweight Title, and lost close matches to him. Mind you, this was Sting's either 2nd or 3rd year in the biz.

If both are at their peak, it'd be a terrific match, but Sting would come out on top.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back