Finally!

Its good to see a face with charisma to match their in ring ability, which is rarity upon WWE's top echelon's. Jeff Hardy's good in the ring but can't cut a promo to save his life, Cena is good at promos but has become a little repetitive, Batista... he's not good at either... he's a modern day Ultimate Warrior apart from the fact that when he speaks he doesn't sound smacked off his face... rather he's monotone. CM Punk is great but his push was stopped dead by the Age of Orton, hopefully now he's Mr Money In The Bank again he can beat him for some revenge.

Well no way hes gonna get a big pop this fast. He was a heel his whole career and just became a face. No one gets as popular as people like Cena or Taker that fast.(which his fans base will never get that big anyway.) Anyway for where he is at that is good. He was getting a lot of MVP chants and the fans were behind him when usually Randy is very popular. So I think MVP will get that big push soon but he needs to work up to it as a face a little more first.

It was the Garden so there were a lot of Wrestling fans in attendance, not the pure sports entertainment fans that Vince has bred to mindlessly cheer everything. The fans in the Garden, much like Europe and Japan, will cheer the entrance of established and respected guys, cheer the good spots and cheer the finish.

I find the quiet crowd refreshing. It means there is more impact when theres actually something to cheer about. A pop should be an orgasmic experience, built up by a compelling match that tells the story and makes you 'Pop' your nut at the end. With WWE they just want you to cheer the entrance, cheer the guys signatures and move on to the next match.

Its almost a scientific law that MVP would get a dead crowd reaction going into Madison Square Garden on his babyface debut. Its the Arena that held Mania 1, they are not going to give a flying batshit about Montel Vontavi- blah blah blah for a long time.

I'm just gonna comment on a few things here.

Firstly, Orton is much better than MVP on the mic. Orton at least takes some time and effort. Everything MVP did was very clichéd of black youth, similar to that of Cryme Tyme. Nothing in his whole speech made me feel that he had any chance of making an impact... unlike Shelton Benjamin when he got those wins over Triple H. That was brilliant. Shelton just sounded cool and during the match, you even got the feeling like he knew he was the underdog and did have a chance of winning yet was taking advantage of the entire thing. With his hand signals to Triple h when he got a close 2 count. It was very well done and it set Shelton up for a great career... without which he wouldn't still be there. MVP just looked like he was just doing another match and that didn't really do anything for him or Orton as it made Orton look like just another guy.

In regards to Shane's hit and run... how can that make no sense? Orton won at backlash which means the Mcmahons didn't get their revenge so it's still very much on. I still feel it's still setting up a Shane heel turn to align himself as part of the third generation legacy.

I expect to see a US Title match between MVP and one member of Legacy next week. He'll either drop it to them their or at Judgement day and then go on a feud to win it back. It's not the start of a MVP main event push but it would make no sense for him to come out and aim lower than himself by challenging DiBiase or Rhodes... he's clearly gonna go after the bigger dog. You get challenged from below, not above.

WWE seriously need to make the undercard title mean something. I used to love the IC title history and could reel off past winners over a 4 - 5 year period and make no mistakes. Now, I occasionally struggle to remember to current holder and when and where the title was won. The days before the draft split used to work that the first hour, known as Raw is War (excluding the opening promo) would be Midcard and then you'd get the main eventers when "The Warzone" started. It worked and you had guys like Val Venus (who is a HUGE loss to the company) X-pac, Regal, Jericho, Ken Shamrock, Steve Blackman, Road Dogg, Billy Gunn, Goldust, Edge, Jeff Jarrett, Owen Hart, The Godfather... I could go on... D'Lo Brown... and it built up strongly and look back through your history books you'll see that all these guys were active at the same time! This doesn't happen now. Now we get Punk, Kane, Kofi and Rey and the rest make Cameos or, if they're real lucky, get put in constant different Tag Teams (Morrison and Carlito springs to mind) The IC title needs to mean more and hopefully, this is the first step on the road to that! Hey, I can dream

And European fans are very much like Canadians and will cheer and boo the wrong people simply because it's fun! We aren't spot lovers. We actually appreciate competition more than Americans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back