Final Resolution 2010 AJ Styles(c) vs Douglas Williams [TV Championship]

Who leaves Final Resolution the Television Champion?

• AJ Styles

• Douglas Williams

Results are only viewable after voting.

LSN80

King Of The Ring
TNA TELEVISION TITLE MATCH
“The Phenomenal” AJ Styles (champ) vs Douglas Williams

This match also announced on TNA's website.

On the 11/18 edition of Impact, Fortune interrupted the match between Matt Morgan and Ric Flair after a referee bump. They were joined by Douglas Williams, who refused to take part in the beatdown of Morgan. Instead, after being provoked by Styles, he assisted Morgan in clearing Fortune from the ring, and in the subsequent defeat of Flair by Morgan.

As a result, AJ Styles has vowed to take out Douglas Williams. In his effort to do so, he is putting his Television Title on the line against his former stablemate.

Thoughts on the match? Who wins this, and why?

I'm on "Team-AJ" for this match. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this the first time Williams has wrestled as a face for TNA? I don't think that "good-guy" Douglas Williams is a bad choice to EVENTUALLY become the TV-Champ, but I think it's too early in his new face-role to beat AJ (or have gold around his waist) at Final Resolution.

The ONLY reason I could see AJ dropping the TV Title would be if TNA creative wants to get him back in the World Title hunt. Obviously that's not gonna happen as long as Hardy is the champ, so the smartest thing for them to do is to keep the belt on AJ.

Also, since Williams is buddy-buddy with Morgan, it's an obvious transition for Williams & Morgan to tag together after their respective singles-feuds are over. TNA creative would be stupid to not put together a match between Beer Money & Morgan/Williams in the near-future, the timing would be perfect if they waited until January...that way, it could be a number-one contender match for a shot at the Machine Guns' gold. Obviously the Guns/Gen Me feud would have to be finished for this to happen, but I see it as a good creative move for all those concerned. Boom!! That could easily take care of storylines/matches for Morgan, Williams, Beer Money, and the Guns over the next couple of months...and it would make for some entertaining matches.

Aj to win for sure.

There's just no way someone like Williams can beat someone as good as AJ. Will be another win for the heels here. UNLESS, Morgan helps him. Not sure now.

This is an interesting matchup. As Morgan and Williams both noted this past week on Impact, they know Fortune's "Playbook." So I expect a match where Williams seemingly has a counter for every move that AJ has, leading to AJ becoming extremely frustrated. Williams will look to put him away with Chaos Theory, but a frustrated AJ will low blow Williams(or Kaz will interfere), leading to Williams winning the match, but AJ retaining the title by disqualification.

AJ retains the title here by either countout or disqualification.

I'm actually looking forward to this. Williams and Styles should put on one hell of a match here. I fully expect AJ to retain here, because there really is no reason to put the title on Douglas just yet. AJ's TV Title run hasn't been all that spectacular, but I still can't see TNA putting the title on Williams. I just hope there's no interference from Immortal. If it does happen, then it would be a real shame, because this has a chance to be the match of the night.

I'm Really Looking forward to this match up between AJ Styles and Doug Williams. I'm expecting a Great match here and if they are given 15 minutes I think this a has the potential to be a Match of the Year candidate. This match will be Great, I see AJ defeating Doug Williams at around the 15 minute mark with the Styles Clash.

I just think fortune and particularly AJ looks really weak if they don't win this. i actually believe that Fortune AREN'T looking too strong at the moment, particularly if you watched the 8-man elimination match, you will see what I mean. AJ and Fortune need this win just to keep themselves considered threatening.

I just think fortune and particularly AJ looks really weak if they don't win this. i actually believe that Fortune AREN'T looking too strong at the moment, particularly if you watched the 8-man elimination match, you will see what I mean. AJ and Fortune need this win just to keep themselves considered threatening.

Why is the television championship defended on a PPV? Isn't the whole point for it to be defended on regular tv? What is WRONG with you, TNA!?!?!? This federation drives me insane sometimes. Anyways, the match should be alright. I'm thinking that AJ will retain because there's no reason to give Williams the title right now. AJ is in a much more important position and losing the belt here wouldn't make sense.

DAGGER'S PREDICTION
AJ Styles will retain the Television Championship.

I agree with Dagger, why is a TV Championship being defended on PPV.

I honestly see a good match happening here. Williams is a good wrestler and AJ's just awesome so I'm looking forward to some good back and forth action, although I do see a shitty ending like AJ is disqualified and Williams wins the match, just not the belt

Are people joking about the TV title defended on a PPV and it being bad? Also isn't a PPV technically still TV? WCW had their TV champions defending on PPV's all the time. I really do get why this is a bad thing or what the issue is. Anyways AJ Styles gets a clean win in this match. That is right it will be a clean win.

The TV title is being defended on the PPV because this is TNA and they haven't a clue what they're doing. They also have absolutely no common sense. You think they pay attention to what they're booking? If it sticks on the wall then they go with it.

The match itself should be great, both of the wrestlers are great and combined I'd say this match could likely steal the entire show. That being said, there was really NO build up at all to this in terms of Styles vs. Williams, or any reason someone would buy the PPV because of this feud. AJ's been rather unforgettable and left in the background lately, and this seems like just a match tossed to him because he's doing nothing else.

Unless they're outright burying Fourtune (which could be possible in TNA) then Styles needs to and should win this match. Williams beat Kazarian twice, he's been showcased and on a roll as of late, but Styles and Fourtune will come across as totally weak and lacking all credibility beyond repair if Styles loses here.

Dagger Dias brought up a good point. When it was announced that the Global title was becoming the Television title, I'm pretty sure I heard Styles say that the title would be defended primarily on television. From what I've seen thus far, the title has been defended on ppvs as much, if not more, as it has been on tv. Styles' run has been lackluster and if he can't do anything to raise the bar for the title, TNA should just scrap it in my view. The title's just been bad overall since its inception with Booker T.

At any rate, however, this could be the best overall match on the card. Both wrestlers are quite good inside the ring and it should be just plain fun. It's just too bad that this match got no hype or real build for the ppv. If the plan is for Styles to stay heel and remain part of Fortune, and I haven't heard or read any rumors to the contrary, then he should retain the title here. Fortune is a faction that still needs some credibility and championships can give a faction just that.

Easily the match of the night. I was shocked by the outcome, as every member of Fourtune/Immortal either won last night retained a title, or is in the running for one. Williams and Styles showed why they're two of the best, if not the, best wrestlers in the company in this match last night.

But if you're goig to go this route, then Immortal needs to hold all of the titles. Its nice to see williams being established as a babyface after his win Thursday over Kazarian, and now over Styles. Williams showed his fantastic ring ability last night, especially with his rope walking move. These two put on a clinic in terms of wrestling.

Im just puzzled by the outcome. Either TNA went for shock value, or possibly towards the turning of Styles face and having him be the next evicted from Fourtune. but hes the leader of the faction(minus Flair, who wasnt even at the PPV0, and one would think a win for him would have been automatic, even if it was dirty. Beer Money won their match, so its somewhat apparent they'll get the best of the MCMG's and finally re-capture the TNA title. I just dont understand the logic behind AJ losing ladt night, unless a bigger picture is yet to be revealed. But still, a great match.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back