Fight Tomorrow

The reason why Armbar hasn’t posted yet is because his fist is now permanently embedded in his opponents head.

I hope Armbar won with this:

pettis-kick-mmatko.gif

Won via tko (strikes)

It was definitely an experience. I have never gotten nervous for anything I've ever done besides this and I've played some big shows with my old bands and have done some big theater productions. It started off surprisingly though as he shot immediately for a take down, despite having no real wrestling background and way less grappling experience then I have. It took me by surprise and he almost got it but I kept my balance, got backed up towards the cage and worked started throwing my knees. He didn't like it, backed up to find range with his right jab, overhand left combo I heard he likes. We drilled for that particular combo and I knew his leg would be right there. I caught the leg two or three times, I saw he winced a bit and charged in with feint left and right uppercut. The uppercut caught him and I felt him wobble so I clinched, lifted the right knee and caught him square (I think he was going for a low single) and he went down. Finished it three or four strikes on the ground. The time was 1:24 into round one. Interesting notes:

Adrenaline dump is a bitch. Immediately after the ref pulled me away I felt like I wanted to collapse. I have great cardio but damn, this was a different kind of drained.

I'm definitely going to drop to 155. Honestly the guy I fought should as well, hell he could get to 145 probably, he's carrying some chubby with him.

I used PYT by Michael Jackson as my walk out which last about a minute and a half ha. We don't get a lot of time.

Not a big crowd. Maybe 75 people there excluding coaches, staff and fighters.

I wasn't allowed to film the fight but I do have before and after footage I'm going to gather and I'll post that for you guys in a week or so if anyone's interested. It's some training footage, some stuff right before the fight and some stuff after.

I was offered a fight on March 1 that I think I'm going to take. No word on who I'd be fighting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back