Feud Of The Year

Discussion in '2014 Wrestling Awards' started by klunderbunker, Dec 8, 2014.

?

What Was The Feud Of The Year?

1. Wyatt Family vs. Shield

2. Shield vs. Evolution

3. Daniel Bryan vs. Authority

4. AJ Lee vs. Paige

5. Team 3D vs. Hardys vs. Wolves

6. Seth Rollins vs. Dean Ambrose

7. Adam Cole vs. Jay Briscoe

8. Sami Zayn vs. Adrian Neville

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. klunderbunker

klunderbunker Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House

These are the fun ones.

2. Hard Hit Prince

Hard Hit Prince Not really working as a

As far as storyline goes, my favorite one was Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose.. I was really hyped for the matches and they just ruined that. Still, as far as storyline goes, I was really into it and Ambrose was a star.

3. The Dragon Saga

The Dragon Saga Whale in a Teardrop

Torn between Bryan/Authority and Cole/Briscoe. Anyone want to make a case for Bryan/Authority? I remember during the angle being pretty entertained, but I feel like it was tainted by how Bryan was removed as WWE Champion after Mania.

4. SpoodBeest

SpoodBeest City Dweller, Successful Fella

Ambrose/Rollins was mid-card feud that people cared about and grew to the point where it main evented a pay-per-view. People wanted to see those two destroy each other, and despite it ruining Ambrose' credibility forever, it made Rollins into a star at least.

5. The Holy One

The Holy One What's really good?

I mean it's not like it propelled Ambrose to outsell Cena in merch during Thanksgiving weekend or anything, but whatever you can keep being wrong on that. Meanwhile, I was torn on this until last night where Cole/Briscoe truly cemented how great their feud was.

6. SpoodBeest

SpoodBeest City Dweller, Successful Fella

Yet in spite of these great sales of merch and a high buyrate number for HIAC he's in the midcard feuding with Wyatt while Rollins is in the main event program with Cena? It really seems like they're going to push him as main evernter with that kind of response to his overness. But nobody but Reigns is getting that spot so we need to sabotage anyone who poses a threat to the real golden boy.

7. The Holy One

The Holy One What's really good?

Yeah a midcard feud that has been a major focal point on both Raw and Smackdown. Hell, it was the first match announced for the upcoming PPV while Cena/Rollins looks thrown together at best. If they we're holding Ambrose down, then why the hell would they announced that his hoodie was the highest item sold then?

As for Reigns, what is your problem with him? The dude has actually been putting in his work and improved in every facet you can look at: ringwork, promos, character. As I said before, the Shield started as a group with Ambrose looking to be the star, but turned into all three coming out better than what they were. Why can't you accept the fact that all three members of the group formerly known as the Shield are getting their fair push to the top?

8. L@RISANO

[email protected] R.I.P Mustang Sally :( :( :(

Ambrose-Rollins, Bryan-Authority and the Shield vs the Wyatt family were all brilliant.

Chose the latter, because the WWE teased it a little, and the fans absolutely ate it up and demanded that it happened. Pity it was so short, tho, I felt it had lots of life in it and could have even lasted till Mania with proper build. Now That would have been Awesome and would have certainly stolen the Show at the Biggest Show of All!

9. Pay Per Ghost

Pay Per Ghost What they f*ck happened in the thread section here

Bryan Vs Authority was incredible because the fans pretty much took over on that one.

Hulk Hogan's Brother likes this.
  10. Hulk Hogan's Brother

Hulk Hogan's Brother Stop asking me what I'm gonna do!!!

What PG said. It was the hottest story of the year.

11. Mr. Artistic guy

Mr. Artistic guy Better Off This Way

Yep. Long time ago but it all went the way it was supposed to, and was better than WWE seemed to want it to be initially. As an entire feud, it was better, but I'll settle for the 2014 end of the Bryan/Authority feud.

12. .

. We shy worth hair

Depending on tonights ending, it can very well be Zayn/Neville. Otherwise Daniel Bryan v Authority.

The Flood v Chikara was a fun feud too.

13. stonecoldstunner

stonecoldstunner Occasional Pre-Show

Wyatt Family vs The Shield. Both were at the height of their popularity. Wyatts walking out to the music with the crowd chanting and lighters up...The Shield walking down from the seats...2 heavyweights, their match(es) stole the show, everyone seemed to have a coming out party...Rollins broke out of the shawdows...freakin epic matches

14. Papa Pillman

Papa Pillman I've got more Ho's than Jim Duggan

Because the Shield feuds were short-lived(due to the break-up), and Bryan/Authority ended early due to injury, and Rollins/Ambrose never got a proper bow put on it, then the answer was made much easier.

The right choice is Cole(and the Kingdom) versus Jay Briscoe.

This feud was hot and relevant for the entirety of the year, and it got its proper ending with Jay finishing off Cole in a violent classic with some of the best storytelling in wrestling history(not an exaggeration) at Final Battle.

Plus the right man DEFINITELY won. I never thought I'd say this but- if the original plan was for Cole to go over(and I still think that's yet another thing Meltzer is full of shit about), I'm glad Cole needed surgery and an extended lay-off.