• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Favorite Survivor Series Moment

What Is Your Favorite Survivor Series Moment

• Demolition/Powers Of Pain Double Turn, 1988

• Undertaker Debuts, 1990

• Undertaker Beats Hogan For Title, 1991

• Bret Hart vs. Shawn Michaels, 1992

• Owen Hart Heel Turn Begins, 1993

• Diesel Dumps Shawn, 1994

• Diesel Snaps After Losing Title, 1995

• Rock Debuts, 1996

• Bret Hart vs. Steve Austin, 1996

• Montreal Screwjob, 1997

• Rock Wins First World Title, 1998

• Kurt Angle Debuts, 1999

• Steve Austin Run Over, 1999

• First Elimination Chamber, 2002

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

The Brain

King Of The Ring
With the recent announcement of the Survivor Series being dropped I thought it was appropriate to look back on some of the events most memorable moments. Over 23 years Survivor Series has produced a lot of memories. The most often mentioned are the debut of the Undertaker and the Montreal screwjob. I expect these two to dominate the poll, but there are plenty other great moments that took place during the WWE fall classic. You can interpret the poll question of favorite moment however you like. It could be the most memorable, most significant, or simply your favorite based on your own personal criteria. I only have 15 options so the ever popular “other” has to make an appearance. If you vote other please take the time to specify your choice. We’ve seen several title changes, some legendary debuts, classic matches, and arguably a moment that changed wrestling forever.

It was a tough choice, but I voted for Bret Hart vs. Steve Austin in 1996. I’ve stated how much I like this match in many past threads. There was just something special about this that had the big fight atmosphere we hear so much about. Bret hadn’t wrestled since WrestleMania and during his absence a lot of top stars jumped to WCW. There was reason to believe Bret might do the same. I was thrilled when he returned to the WWF and thought Austin was the perfect opponent for him. This match is often overlooked because these two had such a classic at WrestleMania 13 four months later. This was a completely different style match and was a classic as well. The hype was great and the action lived up. This feud and match is my favorite Survivor Series moment.

Even though I think Survivor Series has lost some luster over the years I’m sorry to see it go. November just won’t be the same. Now that you’ve read about my favorite moment it’s time to share yours.

I know my poll only goes through 2002, but I simply ran out of spaces. I think the earlier years were more memorable than recent ones. For those who like the more recent years let your voices be heard.

I had to choose the first ever elimination chamber, but for very personal reasons. I had only become a fan of WWE in May/June of 2002. I took a big interest in the HBK-HHH feud that was about to develop. I was pulling for HBK to kick Hunter's ass at every moment he could. So when the elimination chamber came around and Shawn Michaels won it, I marked out in major way.

Since I became a fan in 2002, I've gone back and watched hours and hours of old footage and I've seen a good deal of the other options you listed. I agree that Austin vs Hart was great, Stone Cold getting run over was a good moment and the montreal screwjob was shocking to watch even though I already knew what was coming. However, I maintain that the first ever elimination chamber is the best of all.

It's more than just Shawn winning as well. At the end of the day, it was an excellent match featuring probably the six best competitors on RAW at the time. I still consider this chamber match to be the best one of all and that is saying something. But the clincher is the emotion at the end of this match when HBK wins the world title.

I chose the Montreal Screwjob, mainly because of the way its shaped all of wrestling for the past 12 years. Maybe its not the favorite Survivor Series moment, but for me, it is by far, the most significant, most memorable one.

My favorite moment, wouldnt be a moment at all, but the ENTIRE 2002 Survivor Series pay per view. It was awesome, check out the card.....

Elimination Tables match
Jeff Hardy, Bubba and Spike Dudley vs 3 Minute Warning and Rico

Cruiserweight Championship
Jamie Knoble vs Billy Kidman

WWE Womens Championship, Hardcore match
Trish vs Victoria

WWE Championship
Brock Lesnar vs The Big Show

WWE Tag Team Championship, Triple Threat Elimination match
Los Guerrero's vs Edge/Misterio vs Angle/Benoit

World Heavyweight Championship, Elimination Chamber
HBK vs HHH vs Booker vs RVD vs Kane vs Jericho

Great mix of shock, awe, hardcore and wrestling. Plus we saw the debut of Scott Steiner, we had all kinds of star power. HBK, Triple H, Eddie Guerrero Stratus, RVD, Edge. This was definately my favorite Survivor Series , but my favorite moment of all survivor series

I picked the Undertaker debut because it was the first time I'd ever watched prowrestling. I was randomly invited to a cousin's house to go watch something and I only went because they had a Nintendo. Keep in mind this was back in the day when Survivor Series was the Wednesday before Thanksgiving and that makes me feel old. But either way, I don't remember playing nintendo at all, but I do remember watching Hulk Hogan and the Ultimate Warrior beat up like half the WWF rosters. How come the Gobblygooker wasn't included on the list?

I chose hart/austin '96. It had GREAT buildup with bret coming back from his sabbatical after WM 12 & austin coming on strong as a hot heel. imo this was the best pure wrestling match there has ever been at a SS ppv, bar none.

i think it was Survivor Series.. Angle vs Shane.. a Hardcore H@LY SH!T fest.. i remember watching that match n going holy!! time after time after time. And Angles work was tremendous,

razerp
"i think it was Survivor Series.. Angle vs Shane.. a Hardcore H@LY SH!T fest.. i remember watching that match n going holy!! time after time after time. And Angles work was tremendous,"

uuuh, you obviously dont remember. That was the match they had at KING OF THE RING 2001.

My favorite Survivor Series moment has to be when HBK won the Elimination Chamber in 2002. This was Shawn's comeback year, and it also might be the last time we will ever see him as a world champion. The chamber match it self was awesome from beginning to end. BK and Triple H were the final two men in the chamber, and they put on one hell of an ending. When ever I go back and watch this Elimination Chamber match, I still get goosebumps.

I wold have to say the '98 SS. This is because it was the rocks first heavyweight championship victory. But also it was done in a tounament style that really doesnt get used anymore in todays type of wrestling (unless you count the king of the ring or the 8-man stud that TNA did at against all odds). One of the other reasons i coose this SS is becasue it was the one were the rock turned into mr. coorperate and joined forces with mcmahon. Also this ppv started the rock and mick foley fued that lasted for about a year and was a pretty entertaining fued.

For me it was HBK winning the first elimination chamber.Shame he wasnt won any world titles since then even though he deserves.The after feud between HHH and HBK was also great but it was a shame it culminated with Benoit winning the WHC at Wrestlemania XX.Remember the royal rumble won as well that was great.It was bloody,It was hardcore,It was Legendary.

I was at Survivor Series when Shawn Michaels won the championship. Surprisingly it felt like a quick match but it was interesting to see anyway. We did not know how well he would wrestle or if he would be able to keep up with a schedule that the champion usually took. Seeing him defeat Triple H was weird because Helmsley had been winning so much and I did not think anybody expected him to lose after the other four people lost. It also gave a new theme of survival in the chamber too and I was somewhat shocked that there were no traditional matches with the style of elimination but that match between Victoria and Trish was the second memorable one to me. I even preferred seeing it over the tag teams.

I dont actually have a favourite Survivor Series moment, but it was always one of my favourites because of the Survivor Tag Matches, those are some of my favourite match types ever, so I'll be sorry to see the PPV go entirely, I really hope the concept stays though, some of the most compelling television came from those types of matches, the build up and the after affects.

If I really had to pick I'd just go for Team Angle beating Team Lesnar, Kurt Angle being eliminated was a shocker, but Benoit making Lesnar tap out at the end, with Beniot and Cena as the Survivors was one of my favourite moments ever. It signalled the start of Benoit's brief rise to the very top, which was great for nostalgia, and John Cena's rise to the top. So I guess I'll go with that.

Hmmmm, good question... As a major Undertaker mark, I'm going to have to go with his debut and first title win in 1990 and 91 respectively. I know, it only lasted a week, but just the fact that he won it makes it a major deal for me.

And like most others here, I agree that the Elimination Chamber in 02 was all kinds of awesome

undertaker beating hogan in 91

was the true arrival of the deadman....tombstone onto the chair..the nature boy struts off

amazing moment

disgusting that his reign lasted not even a month

With the recent announcement of the Survivor Series being dropped I thought it was appropriate to look back on some of the events most memorable moments. Over 23 years Survivor Series has produced a lot of memories. The most often mentioned are the debut of the Undertaker and the Montreal screwjob. I expect these two to dominate the poll, but there are plenty other great moments that took place during the WWE fall classic. You can interpret the poll question of favorite moment however you like. It could be the most memorable, most significant, or simply your favorite based on your own personal criteria. I only have 15 options so the ever popular “other” has to make an appearance. If you vote other please take the time to specify your choice. We’ve seen several title changes, some legendary debuts, classic matches, and arguably a moment that changed wrestling forever.

It was a tough choice, but I voted for Bret Hart vs. Steve Austin in 1996. I’ve stated how much I like this match in many past threads. There was just something special about this that had the big fight atmosphere we hear so much about. Bret hadn’t wrestled since WrestleMania and during his absence a lot of top stars jumped to WCW. There was reason to believe Bret might do the same. I was thrilled when he returned to the WWF and thought Austin was the perfect opponent for him. This match is often overlooked because these two had such a classic at WrestleMania 13 four months later. This was a completely different style match and was a classic as well. The hype was great and the action lived up. This feud and match is my favorite Survivor Series moment.

Even though I think Survivor Series has lost some luster over the years I’m sorry to see it go. November just won’t be the same. Now that you’ve read about my favorite moment it’s time to share yours.

I know my poll only goes through 2002, but I simply ran out of spaces. I think the earlier years were more memorable than recent ones. For those who like the more recent years let your voices be heard.

I concur about the Austin/Bret I, likewise I've said many of time that match is my favorite wrestling match.

Just to let you know tho, Bret DID wrestle after Mania 12, it was international tours in his book he talked extensivly about this time period, as Shawn tried to discredit Bret about rating, but anyways yeah Bret took time off to do Lonesome Dove but the show was axed, and Vince got Bret on show shows/International tours, as the the numbers decreased once Bret's name was on the bill the numbers began to increase.

i chose the diesel snapping after losing the title to bret. I know it was a work, but at the time and with my age at the time it seemed pretty freakin real to me. I was completely shocked, and it's one of the moments that always sticks out to me.

I have to say, Taker's debut, even though he was announced, the reaction was huge, no one had ever seen a guy like him before, that character. I have always called Survivor Series, Taker's ppv.

I even saw a kid crying when he came out, DAMN he was scary.

I picked The rock's title win. As a child I was super in support for anyone who was against Vince. So my support was of course behind Austin and to a lesser extent The Rock. Austin went out in the semi's so I was desprate for Rock to win. Then he locked in the Sharpshooter on Mankind and right there my heart sank. I remembered Survivor Series 1997 the year previous and I despised Vince as a child for it and this was an even bigger slap in the face. I hated The Rock for a long time after that. I hated him until roughly early 2000. I was not happy.

I chose hart/austin '96. It had GREAT buildup with bret coming back from his sabbatical after WM 12 & austin coming on strong as a hot heel. imo this was the best pure wrestling match there has ever been at a SS ppv, bar none.

Also at Survivor Series 1996 Michaels got booed all to hell and Sid was the fan favorite. Michaels was booked as face, was the white-meat babyface character, and started working as heel. He also actually was pinned for the 3 as well. Michaels had some great moments in Survivor Series 1992-1997, but then again so did the Hitman.

it's there beetween the Montreal Screwjob and the ddouble turn beetwen mankind and The Rock (those were the Swerves!)...

i have to go with the elimination chamber cause back in 2002 i thought hbks match with hhh at summer slam was a one time deal and he wouldnt wrestle again then it was revieled that he would be in the chamber then i was thinking there was no way hbk will win then when he hit that last sweet chin music and got the 123 i marked out for the first time since before the invasion angle. it came at a perfect time for me cause i was about to stop watching wrestling altogether then hbk returns so i have to chose this one

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back