Favorite Simpsons guest appearance

Poop Master Flex

Mid-Card Championship Winner
You can say that The Simpsons hasn't been good for a long time now, but with that said it's still one of my all time favorite shows and probably the most influential animated show to ever grace television.

With a long list of great characters there has also been a long list of great guest appearances. Kelsey Grammar as Sideshow Bob comes to mind as well as the Ramones and Aerosmith. Almost every famous person of the last 30 years has been on that show at least once (or at least it seems that way) so I'm asking who is your favorite?

Although I love Sideshow Bob I have to go with Hank Scorpio.

scorpio_with_bont.jpg

In his 1 time appearance he has a lot of memorable moments. I love how he was always playing buddy with Homer and Homer being so oblivious that he is a super villain trying to take over the world.

When he blows up the bridge was one of my all time favorite moments. Also moments where he has Homer take his coat, kills James Bond and who could forget this little exchange:

Scorpio : "Homer who do you hate more Italy of France?"
Homer: "France"
Scorpio: "Nobody ever says Italy"

He's so awesome that he even got his own theme song at the end of the show.

So what is everyone elses favorite guest star the Simpsons ever had?

NOTE: Try to go with someone else besides Sideshow Bob, we all know he's great.

My favourite guest star is Bret Hart. Without being a typical WWE follower, having someone of his caliber on the show really did a favor.

But i agree, simpsons is going downhill, and with last years report that the staff wanted more pay and they were going to be refused, simpsons has a noose around it's neck at the moment.

Regarding guest appearances, I would have to give the nod to the episode involving the baseball game. Because it involved guest appearances from 9 guys on the same show, and all guys who were relevant at the time. And of course, in true Simpsons fashion, Homer ends up bring the hero of the game. For the life of me, however, I cannot recall who all nine of the guys were.

Regarding guest appearances, I would have to give the nod to the episode involving the baseball game. Because it involved guest appearances from 9 guys on the same show, and all guys who were relevant at the time. And of course, in true Simpsons fashion, Homer ends up bring the hero of the game. For the life of me, however, I cannot recall who all nine of the guys were.

Lol, that is one of my all time favorite episodes of the Simpsons and I always thought all 9 guys were used very well. To answer your question they were:

1. Ken Griffey Jr.
  2. Darryl Strawberry
  3. Ozzie Smith
  4. Jose Canseco
  5. Mike Scioscia
  6. Roger Clemens
  7. Wade Boggs
  8. Don Mattingly
  9. Steve Sax

235px-Mothersimpson.PNG

Glenn Close as Mona Simpson.

The first time I saw the episode 'Mother Simpson' I couldn't believe how sad the ending was. I don't think I'd ever given much thought to what had happened to Homer's mum so when she appeared it took me by surprise.

Seeing the flashbacks to Homer's childhood and how much his mum cared for him was a nice change of pace to previous flashbacks centred on just Homer or Homer and Grampa. The line at the end about Homer being glad he was awake while his mum left him again is quite a sad one and the image of Homer sitting alone on his car in the desert at night was a powerful image to end the episode on.

But i agree, simpsons is going downhill, and with last years report that the staff wanted more pay and they were going to be refused, simpsons has a noose around it's neck at the moment.

Actually, the actors were forced to take a pay cut. The other major issue was that the actors weren't getting any residuals from syndication, and all of them said they would take the cut if it also meant getting residuals. Fox refused.

As for my guest appearance, damn there are a lot of them! I thought Jon Lovitz, crossing The Critic over, was pretty darn good. At least that's the first one that comes to my head.

The one with Alan Moore. Seeing Milhouse with the Watchmen Babies comic was both side-splitting & sadly prophetic. But he did get to show off his funny side, which is extremly rare these days. Though, I can't find a single damn version of the clip anywhere on youtube.

It's called "Homer at the Bat" and it's what I immediately thought of when I saw the thread topic. Easily one of their best episodes.

Guest star or guest character? There is a difference, which my brain won't let go of.

My favourite guest character is easily Hank Scorpio. Every line he utters is pure gold, and he worked with Homer incredibly well. For example:

[YOUTUBE]2VX4Lpf-xdg[/YOUTUBE]

However, I wouldn't call him a "guest star" because the man who voiced him (Albert Brooks) voices quite a few people.

My favourite guest star is Mark Hamill. Sorry, sorry... Luke Skywalker. It's well known that he isn't the most media-friendly guy in the world, so to see him send himself up is a sight to behold and a very pleasant surprise. Like Scorpio, there are so many great moments involving Hamill. Particularly when he sings "Luke, be a Jedi tonight" in a production of Guys & Dolls. Just magical.

My favourite has to be the time that Michael Jackson was on the Simpsons as that fat, white crazy guy.

Btw, have the characters / stories developed in the past 10 years? I stopped watching new episodes a little bit after Mr Burns got shot

I love Mel Gibson in his guest appearance role, where he responds to Homer's criticism of his new file by hiring him to help him improve it. Obviously Homer's ideas prove absolutely horrendous and basically ruin the movie, and Gibson's reputation. Hilarious.

Also, the one previously mentioned with the baseball team guest appearing. The song about the players at the end of the episode is brilliant.

And finally, the George Bush episode, where the ex-president moves across the street from the Simpsons and is terrorised by Bart is definitely one of the all-time classic Simpson's episodes for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back