• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Favorite memory of the last decade?

Disturbed

Championship Contender
What is your favorite WWE memory of the last decade?

Mine is when Eddie won the World Heavyweight Championship at No Way Out 04. He had worked for it his whole life and finally achieved it by beating none other than Brock Lesnar. Yes, he beat "The Brock Lesnar" for the World title. His family was there and it was very emotional. It was one hell of a match, and he came out on top. After the match, he celebrated with the fans. It was like a happy ending in a fairytale.... RIP EG

So what was your favorite WWE memory in the last decade? It can be anything, from a match to Vince buying WCW, to Ric Flairs retirement as a whole, to the Nexus program. It doesn't matter.

My favorite moment of the last decade would have to be "Rock vs Hogan" at Wrestlemania 18! Just the aura of the match to see the best of WWE past and future at that time was awesome. Although Rock carried Hogan through the match because of Hogans age, it reminded me of Hogan vs Warrior for some reason. Great memory.

Oh man there's so many, I'm gonna have to agree with LegendKilla1983, that match was historical its the reason I bought the WM 18 DVD, The moment when The Rock challenged Hogan that gave me freaking goosebumps, It was crazy, and the awesome attitude era crowd made it even better!

For me, this one is easy

Definately not because I wanted it to happen, but, Ric Flair's sendoff, was nothing short of amazing. The man is one of the main reason why there is wrestling now, and that the way that he was sent off by WWE, was awesome. I have the Ric Flair DVD set, and I cant tell you how many times Ive watched that.

My honorable mention is the end of Wrestlemania 20, when, Chris Benoit and Eddie Guerrero are both in the ring celebrating Benoit's title win. Everyone in the world knows what Benoit did, but, showing that, to end Wrestlemania 20, was another brilliant act by WWE.

top 5 are a tie for me.

1. Chris Benoit & Eddie Guerrero title celebration wrestlemania XX -simply one of the most awe struck moments i can remember in recent history. i have grown up watching those 2 since their early wcw days & seeing both of them reach the top of the mountian was great. those 2 in the ring, confetti flying, belts in hand- man, what a moment.

2. Kurt Angle signs with TNA -in a huge move, kurt signed with rival promotion TNA. seeing kurt in his tna promos' made me fear for the roster. he came to win & he quickly showed TNA why he is the best.

3. Shawn Michaels vs Ric Flair Wrestlemania XXIV -although taker vs hbk was huge, the feel of this match was big for me. flair refusing to stay down, & hbk mouthing "im sorry\i love you." before his last kick. man, that was pure emotion.

4. Mr. Perfect returns @ the Royal Rumble 2002 -after almost 9 years after his last wwf match, he makes his return in the rumble & showed he could still go & hold his own against the new guys. he looked great & will always be one of my favorites.

5. Shane O' Mac shows up on Nitro & ruins his dads announcement the whole last nitro broadcast had an eerie feel to it. good matches & sting\flair was great. then shane shows up & begins the alliance\invasion storyline. classic.

Eddie Guerrero vs Kurt Angle wrestlemania 20 Match I thought was going to angle, back in forth and perfect ending.

Kurt angle vs Brock lesnar - Ironman match No one really talks about how good this one was. proved that these 2 were gonna go on against each other for awhile.

and top favorite, is a tie.

Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels vs. Chris Benoit

Samoa Joe vs. CM Punk (ROH World Title Match) – 10/16/05, Joe vs. Punk II

For me it's C.M Punk's first world title win. While the reign wasn't anything special, I was a Punk fan from his ROH days and I never expected him to win a WWE world title, let alone that night. I was truly shocked and actually "marked out".

CM Punks first title reign was fantastic. It was also the moment where people stopped saying "WWE Doesn't treat Indy wrestlers well"

The first episode of NXT where Danielson gets the monster pop was great. I have been to Indy shows where he has gotten standing ovations from 200-300 people and even as low as 80 people, but to see most of an arena cheering for him was really special.

Rock vs Hogan was a moment that I still now and then watch on Youtube. Seeing Hogan here kind of reminded me of seeing Brett Favre now, sure he has ruined his rep and is a terrible human being, but I can still watch the Monday Night Football game where he threw 5 TDs after his Dad died(with a broken arm) much like why I can watch Hogan blow the roof off of Toronto

There are so many awesome moments of the last decade. Be it entire matches or just spots in matches.

From Rock/Hogan at Wrestlemania X8 and both HBK/Undertaker matches to Elix Skipper running along the top of the cage for a hurricanrana at Lockdown and Big Show and Lesnar breaking the ring, this decade was filled with many memories.

If I mentioned all that I could think of this would be a very, very long post.

Probably the last Nitro. Although it's not really because I wanted WCW to end, more because I was excited about what was coming. Obviously what was coming turned out to be a piece of shit. But at the time it was so exciting.

And seeing Sting vs Flair one last time was brilliant. Sting's promo at the start of the night was incredible. He was on great form there and he looked like a man who loved the bones of that company and everyone watching it. It was just a historic night, and for all the wrong reasons in the end.

The December to Dismember PPV! No just kidding

1. The Night WWE bought WCW - It was one of the craziest nights in the history of wrestling which at the time seemed like the greatest thing ever because what kid didn't dream up ppvs pitting the top WCW guys against the top WWE guys? Unfortunately many of the WCW guys I wanted to see didnt stay long or else never showed up period. I miss the monday night wars:banghead:

2. The TLC Match at WM X-7 - I believe this was the first ever TLC match and my god was it awesome!! These guys set the bar in this match as The Hardys took on The Dudleys and Edge and Christian in one of the most exciting and SICKEST match I have ever witnessed! This was part of one of the greatest series of matches between these three teams and was by far the match that stole the show

3.HBK vs Flair at WM XXIV - One of the most emotional matches ever and actually a really good match plus the send off for Flair the next night on Raw was very well done

4. The Eddie Guerrero Tribute Episode of Raw - I cant think of a better way than this to pay tribute to the one of the most talented performers in the history of this business

5. The Undertaker vs HBK matches from WM 25 and 26 - Nuff said these guys showed that they still got it and showed the young guns how its done.

There are so many to I'd like to pick, but I am going with a return.

Triple H returns 2002
I remember it was electric! The Game was out for 8 months I believe and missed the whole alliance/invasion storyline. He comes out to this huge ovation (one I haven't heard since then) and declares he is back and better than ever. He shuts Kurt Angle's mouth and starts off 2002 the best way possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back