• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Fantasy Football WrestleZone Small League- 10 Team Yahoo League

JGlass

Unregistered User
Hello gentlemen, and welcome to the small league! The purpose of this league is to have two less teams than standard allowing everyone to have a slightly deeper roster and therefore puts more of an emphasis on the initial draft and less of an emphasis on grabbing waiver wire pick-ups.

First of all, let's share the list of teams and their GMs.

Where's Santino?- JGlass
Respect the Beard- Theo
52 Shades of Clay- Justin
Riley Cooper's *****- Thriller
Dwayne Bowe Dash- Yazloz
Fondleballs- Nate
Ray Rice-aroni- Rated R Nightmare
hatehabsforever- hatehabsforever
Ramrod 49ers- Lariat
Sanchez MV...Pee- Stormtrooper

Memorize who is in charge of what, boys. You can use this thread to talk trades, smack, give advice, or whatever.

Second order of business, let's talk draft: order and time/date.

For order, I'd be happy to just randomize the draft and let the fantasy gods determine the order. However, if you want a little more structure in the world, we can do one of two things.

1) Go by join date (so I'd go first, the first person to join would go second, etc.)

2) Randomize in two groups: returning players and new guys. The returning players are myself, Theo, Justin, Thriller, Yaz, and Nate, and the other four guys are the new ones.

Just tell me which of the three options (totally random, partially random, or order by join date) you want to with.

More importantly, when should we hold the draft? Right now it's scheduled for Sunday, August 25th at 1 PM EST, but that's just the tentative time I scheduled it for. Let's start hearing ideas for when we should hold it.

I think that about covers it for now, but feel free to bring up anything else. Stormy talked about making this a keeper's league, but I'm not so sure about that (I'm not a fan of keeper leagues, but I could be talked into it).

Good luck men, and happy drafting.

Hello gentlemen, and welcome to the small league! The purpose of this league is to have two less teams than standard allowing everyone to have a slightly deeper roster and therefore puts more of an emphasis on the initial draft and less of an emphasis on grabbing waiver wire pick-ups.

Ten teams is the perfect amount in my opinion. It worked perfectly with the hockey pool last season and is working really well with the baseball one currently underway. I did a mock NFL draft yesterday which had 14. Took forever and there was no depth in the rosters whatsoever after the first half of the draft. Way too many. Even 12 is too many. 10 should be awesome.

For order, I'd be happy to just randomize the draft and let the fantasy gods determine the order. However, if you want a little more structure in the world, we can do one of two things.

I say randomize the draft and let the chips fall where they may.

1) Go by join date (so I'd go first, the first person to join would go second, etc.)

Don't like this idea. At most, if there is a returning champion, I wouldn't be opposed to letting him draft first as a reward for his success last season (who did win last time by the way?). But order of joining shouldn't be a factor.

2) Randomize in two groups: returning players and new guys. The returning players are myself, Theo, Justin, Thriller, Yaz, and Nate, and the other four guys are the new ones.

Don't like this either (especially because I'm one of the noobs). My preference as I said earlier would be totally randomized, except possibly a reward for last season's champion).

More importantly, when should we hold the draft? Right now it's scheduled for Sunday, August 25th at 1 PM EST, but that's just the tentative time I scheduled it for. Let's start hearing ideas for when we should hold it.

Sunday the 25th at 1pm EST is perfect for me, but I'm pretty flexible if that's not a good time for others, as long as I have sufficient notice.

I think that about covers it for now, but feel free to bring up anything else. Stormy talked about making this a keeper's league, but I'm not so sure about that (I'm not a fan of keeper leagues, but I could be talked into it).

Personally, I vote no on the keeper's league.

I'd be down for keeper, but I won't hold grudges if it isn't.

As for the draft, I like the idea of randomizing between the two groups, but it's not a big deal to me. I would prefer knowing ahead of time, though.

I'd go with the completely random deal for the draft order.

Keeper league, I'm hit or miss. An idea I like is keeping one person and losing the pick the following year that you drafted them (ex: I draft Adrian Peterson this year in the 1st and I chose to keep him. Thus I lose my first round pick in next year's draft. Or JGlass drafts Tavon Austin in the 10th and the dude goes off, J keeps him and loses his 10th round pick in the following year's draft). Simple enough I think.

Now regarding the draft time. The current set date ain't good for me as I have a family draft that day, so I'd be unable to attend. However I'm free pretty much every Sunday after 3p and I'm free every Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Saturday evenings. Only days that don't work for me are Thursdays and Fridays.

Keeper leagues for fantasy leagues on forum seem tough, hell almost half the people that were in this same league last year didn't return for it this year.

Just make the draft random, that seems the most fair for everyone involved.

I prefer completely random draw for the draft. And Sunday Afternoons aren't good for me. Monday night will probably be the best time to get me (at least this week it's the only time to get me).

I'm perfectly fine with a regular plain old league without keepers, I just figured I'd bring the subject up.

Oh yeah, draft times. My schedule is pretty open, except that I'm going to a friend's house for SummerSlam next week (I assume that a wrestling forum league wouldn't have a draft during a PPV, but I digress) and then every Monday starting the 26th is out because I'm in a sand volleyball league.

Justin raises a good point about keepers: turnover in these leagues tends to be high, and basically half the players from last year aren't even back this year. Additionally, it changes the draft strategy and puts a higher value on younger players or players going into contract years, and shit like that just starts to become too much research for a fun, friendly league.

I'm happy with doing random draft as it's easily the best for competition's sake. I just wanted to bring up the other options in case people wanted some sort of semblance of order.

So far it looks like that Sunday afternoon time slot is still working for everyone.

I prefer just having the draft order be random going into it. I don't know about Yahoo but on ESPN when its random you can go into the draft room an hour before it starts so you can see where your picking and get a sense of who you might get and even begin thinking about where you wanna take certain people.

Quick question will this be a snake draft? I think those are the best method.

As for draft times, pretty much anytime will be good for me. Sunday's I usually have nothing to do so I could be on for it. If its changed though, the only days that tend to be tough for me are Monday's.

I would be open to keepers as long as its only like 1 keeper per team. Theo's idea for keepers is pretty good.

The current draft time in perfect for me

I have another draft that same day but it's later that night, & week nights just don't work too well for me due to the fact I never really know what time I'll be getting off. I'd rather not do a draft during SSlam as I'll be using my computer of other things during those 3 hrs.

If it needs to change anytime on a Sat. works pretty well for me too.

I prefer just having the draft order be random going into it. I don't know about Yahoo but on ESPN when its random you can go into the draft room an hour before it starts so you can see where your picking and get a sense of who you might get and even begin thinking about where you wanna take certain people.

I'm going to finalize the league today (probably after I respond to this post), which means the draft order will be picked by the computer, and then I can post it in here so everybody can start strategizing.

Quick question will this be a snake draft? I think those are the best method.

Yes, it will.

The draft order is here!

52 Shades of Clay
Sanchez MV....Pee
Riley Cooper's N****
Ray Rice-A-Roni
Respect the Beard
Ramrod 49ers
hatehabsforever
Dwayne Bowe Dash
Fondleballs
Where's Santino?

The draft order is here!

52 Shades of Clay
Sanchez MV....Pee
Riley Cooper's N****
Ray Rice-A-Roni
Respect the Beard
Ramrod 49ers
hatehabsforever
Dwayne Bowe Dash
Fondleballs
Where's Santino?

I should probably change that team name, I couldn't think of anything better when I renewed my team.

#1 pick... well shit... I'm going to have reevaluate my drafting strategy here

I saw that you were going first and thought it was hilarious. You have a big moral dilemma on your hands there. AP is obviously the best first choice, but if you really can't bring yourself to pick him, I'd probably roll with Jamaal Charles. Alex Smith may get more opportunities to pass than Cassel, but a lot of those throws will be going to Charles, and they'll still give him plenty of opportunities to rush.

I saw that you were going first and thought it was hilarious. You have a big moral dilemma on your hands there. AP is obviously the best first choice, but if you really can't bring yourself to pick him, I'd probably roll with Jamaal Charles. Alex Smith may get more opportunities to pass than Cassel, but a lot of those throws will be going to Charles, and they'll still give him plenty of opportunities to rush.

If the preseason is any indicator, Jamaal is going to put up some numbers this year. Smith was dumping a lot of passes off to him. That and Andy Reid loves his screens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back