Fantastic Four 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prax

I used to be a big deal
Just got back from seeing the new Fantastic Four and I have to say I enjoyed it a lot. It was just about what I expected, a relatively funny movie with some kick-ass fight scenes and a lot of cool nerdy shit that would make a comic-book fan proud.

Well done story that was very entertaining and no flaws at all with the story. Among my top 5 for sure amongst my favorite comic book movies.

Stan Lee's cameo is actually really funny in this one.

Johnny Storm is really hyped up in this one, they make a large chunk of the story specifically about him (don't wanna spoil anything so I won't say it but it involves the final fight scene, which is one of my favorite of all time now). Maybe they're considering making a Johnny Storm movie after they're done with this trilogy?

Anyway, definitely worth seeing, great summer movie.

I'm really surprised but Empire has given it 3 stars. There pretty tough I thought it would get 2 at best.

I dont know if I'll see it. I've never read the comics and the first bored me. Also the trailer just doesn't do it for me. It looks like it's complete cheese. I also prefer more adult comic book films. I'm fine with watching kids films if there original, but not superheroes. I think every comic has botential to be really gritty if given the oppertunity. So I just dont see the point. Other than for kids to read, but I'm not a kid so fuck it.

Obviously it's more cartooney than anything, but I mean it's based on a cartoon. If you don't like that, that's ok with me, but I don't like it when people say these comic book movies are cheesy because of it. That's the point, that's how the comic books are written.

In this case obviously it has a little cheese in it and it's a little cartooney, but it's not as cartooney as other comic book films.

Obviously it's more cartooney than anything, but I mean it's based on a cartoon. If you don't like that, that's ok with me, but I don't like it when people say these comic book movies are cheesy because of it. That's the point, that's how the comic books are written.

In this case obviously it has a little cheese in it and it's a little cartooney, but it's not as cartooney as other comic book films.

If there isn't some hardcore killin' or a man in a bat suit then I'm not easily pleased when it comes to comic book movies.

I also think the cast is terrible. Jessica Alba as a scientist? She could well be a genious. But she certainly doesnt look like one. Mind you I heard Trish Stratus was in the running. So It could have been worse.

I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised by this movie. Granted, I went in with zero expectations for this movie, so the bar was set pretty low.

What I liked, the effects were amazing. The Surfer looked specatcular, and the space scenes were just bad ass. The movie was nice and short at 90 minutes. Any longer, it would have over stayed it's welcome.

What I didn't Like: Bad one liners killed this movie, just like the first one. Jessica Alba's acting is atrocious. Dr. Doom is my big pissing point of both of the movies thus far. The character is just portrayed horribly. The Character is perhaps the most dangerous in all of the Marvel Universe, and he's a pissant in the first two movies. The guy that plays Doom is horrible.

What I accepted, but can change my mind on: This is where I draw the line if this was a good movie or a bad movie, but I'll have to wait three years to find out. Galactus, simply put, he's a cloud. I know in the comic that's what he is supposed to be, but only takes the form of the Destroyer at the world, and his image changes for each world. I can deal with this, if he's in the third movie adn takes physical form. If I got a big dick tease all for nothing, and the third movie doesn't have Galactus, I am going to be royally pissed off and this movie goes on the shit list. The thing is, I've already read where they want to do the Black Panther in the third movie, which if that is the case, I'm probably going to be pissed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back