Spider-Man Joining Fantastic Four

After doing a little bit of research, Fantomex and some other thing named E.V.A. (I can't tell if it's really a person or a computer or something) combine their powers to create extremely powerful and potent illusions. It's also said that telepaths cannot tell if he's lying or not because of his abilities. I love those secondary results from mutations, like how Gambit can turn women on by using his kinetic energy on their brains.

You mean Gambits uses his mutant powers to turn women on, I always thought that was just his natural Cajun charm that did it for them...

X-force is probably the best comic out there right now hands down. Very solid since it was reintroduced.

...and now I'm officially going to be buying this, if the two tpb are as good as everyone is making this series out to be then I may even start collecting individual issues of it (which tbh is going to take something pretty fucking amazing to do)

I've also heard good things about the new (or newest) Thor series, has anyone read that and can you tell if it's worth looking into?

It was his Cajun charm too, but he also uses his kinetic energy to stimulate the brains of the ladies and turn them on. What a smooth operator.

I've also heard good things about the new (or newest) Thor series, has anyone read that and can you tell if it's worth looking into?

When JMS took over it was gold. His run was brief but very, very good. Kieron Gillen was quite underwhelming when succeeded JMS. Solid, but nowhere near as good as what JMS had done. I stopped picking up Marvel books shortly after Gillen's run began so I can't comment on it as a whole or on what Matt Fraction's done since succeeding him.

Fraction's done some good-excellent stuff as well. I really enjoyed his Punisher run. I loved that. His Iron Man book was very good too. I wasn’t a fan of him and Brubaker on X-Men though. Plus the Spider-Man Annual he wrote was outstanding.

I love being ignored.

Are their like 5 storylines running per Character at a time or what? I never got how comic books progressed.

I love being ignored.

Are their like 5 storylines running per Character at a time or what? I never got how comic books progressed.

What was your original question, Brian?

And only individual heroes get their own story lines. Sometimes super heroes in teams get their own individual books, but it often has to do with them splitting off from the team to do their own thing. Wolverine is a good example as he is a member of the X-Men, the Avengers, and X-Force, but he goes off and does his own shit fairly often.

However, in a team, the storyline progresses with the team. Sometimes they'll have various members of the team doing different things, but in teams as small as X-Force or the Fantastic 4, they usually stick together.

Also, there is generally one giant story arch and encompasses all of Marvel's heroes. Sometimes it's reserved for just a certain group of heroes. For instance, Utopia X had just the X-Men and their splinter organizations and sub-teams like X-Force and X-Factor investigations. Similarly, Shadowland encompassed the New York "Street Level" heroes, Spider-Man, Daredevil, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, and Moon Knight. However, there is almost always one giant story arch that encompasses everyone. Most recently this giant arch was Dark Reign where Norman Osbourne was made head of SHIELD and he basically replaced all the super heroes with villains and used his power to further his own agenda.

Fuck yeah Ty, I dig X-Force. I do miss Warpath though, I always thought he was a sort of understated bad ass. I also with they kept X-23 and Domino on the team, but Deadpool is a more than suitable replacement. I loved the storyline when they went to the future and were trying to find Hope and hunt down Stryfe, it was just good stuff. Elixer really proved his usefulness as a mutant, something that had been understated before then.

Oh fuck. Now I remember what I was looking for in the comic shop earlier. I normally avoid X-books like the plague.

What was your original question, Brian?

And only individual heroes get their own story lines. Sometimes super heroes in teams get their own individual books, but it often has to do with them splitting off from the team to do their own thing. Wolverine is a good example as he is a member of the X-Men, the Avengers, and X-Force, but he goes off and does his own shit fairly often.

However, in a team, the storyline progresses with the team. Sometimes they'll have various members of the team doing different things, but in teams as small as X-Force or the Fantastic 4, they usually stick together.

Also, there is generally one giant story arch and encompasses all of Marvel's heroes. Sometimes it's reserved for just a certain group of heroes. For instance, Utopia X had just the X-Men and their splinter organizations and sub-teams like X-Force and X-Factor investigations. Similarly, Shadowland encompassed the New York "Street Level" heroes, Spider-Man, Daredevil, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, and Moon Knight. However, there is almost always one giant story arch that encompasses everyone. Most recently this giant arch was Dark Reign where Norman Osbourne was made head of SHIELD and he basically replaced all the super heroes with villains and used his power to further his own agenda.

Twas something about them attempting to make Spiderman a hardass and threatening to kill the King Pin.

And yeah, I just see like 9 or so Spider man Comics at once and don't follow how the story progresses with different writers and what not.

And how does one pick up the Civil War series? Cause...that interested me.

A lot of the Spider-Man titles will be mini-series and one shots which will tie into a larger event or be back story for another character, or something in that vein.

The core book is Amazing Spider-Man which comes out fortnightly at the moment. It has rotating artists and one writer in Dan (I tell fans to go fuck themselves) Slott.

If you want to pick up the Civil War comics, Brian, just head to a comic book store or even a regular book store like Barnes and Nobel (or check online at Amazon or Marvel's website) and they should have them in graphic novel form. The two most important ones to buy are Captain America and Iron Man, but there are others worth reading as well.

I've been singing the praises of the new X-Force title for a while now. Good good stuff, probably the only X-title I look up most of the time.

What's the sequence? As I know Cap dies...and even then, the whole concept of Civil War was awesome so I'd like to at least attempt to get them in sequential order. Or are they all taking part at the same time, just separate views?

What's the sequence? As I know Cap dies...and even then, the whole concept of Civil War was awesome so I'd like to at least attempt to get them in sequential order. Or are they all taking part at the same time, just separate views?

detail.jpg

There's the checklist, though I think most of it is in this...

http://www.amazon.com/Civil-War-Mark-Millar/dp/078512179X

I'll go on record that if you just want the Civil War stuff itself, anything with X in the title is totally unnecessary, it's just the X-Men and their friends trying to figure out where they stand in the Civil War, and it winds up taking them almost out of the war completely. It's a good read, but it's not important.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back