• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ezekiel Jackson Jumps to Smackdown

TheAbsolute1

Fuck Rep
As noted on todays edition of Smackdown, Big Zeke has switched to the Smackdown brand. This was made official today, his profile can now be viewed in the Smackdown roster on WWE.com. What will this mean for Zeke? It's harder to get higher on the Raw card than on Smackdown's, so maybe a push is in the horizons? Will this be the first of many switches from hungry Superstars?

[YOUTUBE]2FCXttE9Ylo[/YOUTUBE]​

I can see Big Zeke becoming the IC Champ. Not now, but gradually in the future, once the title scene has moved on a bit. I couldn't see him fighting in an IC Title match at WM, so he'd either be holding it before or not long after.

I'm very excited about this. I'm a fan of Big Zeke and although he was looking dominant on RAW there just wasn't enough room for him to shine right now on that roster. Smackdown will be the perfect place for him to start a big push. I see him feuding with McIntyre at first because of how their KOTR match ended a few weeks back and then he'll move on up from there. I see big things from Big Zeke in the future.

Big Zeke moving to Smackdown should have a wonderful result to him. In Raw, there really wasn't much that he could have done. A handful of the guys are just lingering mid-carders there, and Big Zeke was begining to become one of them. The thing about Raw is that they have too many top stars there and it's hard for a mid-carder such as Ezekial Jackson to shine out perfect there. Simply put, he's got too much competition.

But on Smackdown, just about all of the roster is around the same level--midcarders. Ezekial Jackson could have many potential feuds with a good number of people from Smackdown. He could probably feud for the IC belt against Ziggler; continue the unfinished fight with Drew McIntyre; or even possibly go for the World Title. Smackdown has tended to be the place where mid-carders thrive. And Ezekial Jackson can do so on the brand. He's got a wider range of possibilities to accomplish much more on Smackdown than he does on Raw--that's for sure.

I really hope it goes great for Jackson. I like the guy, and would really hate for him to become just another future endeavored or jobber like so many others...

i can see Z become a bodygaurd for ziggles.... in smackadowna Z has to be a heel, this will allow him to dominate in the land of smack

i can see Z become a bodygaurd for ziggles.... in smackadowna Z has to be a heel, this will allow him to dominate in the land of smack

he's already been a bodyguard on Smackdown, for The Brian Kendrick. Neither of them got over with the angle. Zeke will likely remain face because the crowd is already behind him.

I'm not exactly sure what to think. Something tells me that Zeke getting to Smackdown would quickly cause him to loose a bit of steam. He's a big guy, yet not necessarily that over yet. He's gonna need television time to benefit for being on Smackdown, and I see a lot of other things getting more focus than Big Zeke would be getting on Smackdown.

However, on the other hand, it would probably be easy to fit him into something. Considering the amount of mid-card heel's there is on Smackdown. There's plenty of people that could use a bit of time on the show, as well as could use a program.

All I'm saying right now is that the first thought I'm getting is Big Zeke vs Tyler Reks. But we'll see where it ends up. I'm just not expecting very much from this.

Since Zeke's return the audiences have been digging him. I even find myself rooting for the big man and I really can't explain why, I guess it's just the prospect of seeing this monster of a man tear his opponent to pieces, and then playing to the audience. Would it be wrong of me to say in many ways he is similar to Goldberg?

I think Zeke's sudden switch to Smackdown may kill his momentum if he is not placed into a high-profile feud almost immediately. RAW is a live show and you can definitely tell there's a different feel to it, which Jackson seemed to thrive on. Can he produce the same energy and capture the same crowd reaction on Smackdown on a week to week basis? I think he can, but not by steam rolling a different opponent every week. I think he needs to be put over Drew McIntyre, have him completely squash Drew, have Drew attack him in another match forcing him to win by DQ, and play up the animosity between the superstars at the Rumble, possibly having Zeke eliminate himself to eliminate McIntyre and have them brawl outside the ring. Then, either on a 3 hour RAW or the next Smackdown they need to have the final grudge match where Zeke and McIntyre both compete, but with Zeke picking up a solid, well earned win in the end.

After that feud, it makes Zeke look strong enough to compete in the Elimination Chamber, which will really be nothing more than exposure for him, but good exposure. At Mania he'll probably be nothing more than a lumberjack or Battle Royal competitor or whatever the WWE does this year to get the rest of the superstars their Wrestlemania bonus checks, but the push would come back right after Wrestlemania.

If they give Zeke a fairly sizable push immediately (though I don't think putting him over Drew is too much to ask) he will be able to become one of Smackdown's biggest features.

I actually think this is a really good move for Jackson. Since KOTR, Jackson hasn't appeared on Raw. I know they've been cementing sotrylines and matches for TLC, but if there's not time for even a squash just to keep him relevant in the viewer's mind, then you begin to wonder what direction said wrestler has on that show.

The biggest problem with Smackdown is their talent, or lack of it overall.Maybe they were doing the final "hard sell" for the PPV, but they had the WWE Champion Miz appear unannounced, wrestle twice, and cut a backstage promo. the tag champions have ben on the show two weeks in a row, which may be as many weeks the Hart Dynasty appeared on either show during their entire reign. Rey Mysterio also wrestled twice on the show. All of those things in and of itself indicate a lack of depth in the men's division, or at least in the ones that WWE has faith in.

Enter Ezekiel Jackson. Lord knows that Smackdown's mid-card and main event scene is hurting for faces, which Jackson is now. He's a plausible guy to get a push as well. He's big, and seems to have a lot of charisma. While he may not have the most diverse moveset, neither did Goldberg, Batista, and Big Show. All of them won numerous championships based upon being able to plow through opponents with the strength and power advantage they had on their opponents. I think Jackson, if he remains injury free, could at least be challenging for titles. It gives him to settle the grudge he would have with Drew McIntyre, which I think isnt much to ask with as far as McIntyre's stock has fallen. After that, he could easily be pushed into a title picture, even if he doesnt win one right away. And Smackdown is the right place for him to do it.

Is it just me, or did that promo seem kind of heelish to you?

I personally like Big Zeke as a face for now, but let's face it, his character screams heel! Maybe he could debut on Smackdown! as a face and fued with a mid-card heel such as Cody Rhodes. They could fued for a couple weeks and maybe even have a PPV match. Then after one of Cody's matches (let's say against Kofi Kingston), Cody gets the victory and is beating down on Kingston after the match, then here comes Big Zeke! He gets in the ring and stares down Cody, and looks as if he's going to pummel him, when he reaches out his hand, and the two shake. Then Rhodes and Zeke both beat down Kingston. This way, we get a great fued, then a heel Zeke, and then an awesome tag team!

What do you think? I think it could possibly work.

I dont see much in E.Jackson besides a big body. I dont think i've ever seen him cut a promo before. Which tells me- he likely cant. Therefore- in order for him to become anything of relevance...he's going to need a mouthpiece.

How about in the coming few weeks we start noticing face superstars really taking advantage of Teddy Long in one way or another. Finally Teddy gets sick of the BS & hires Zeke to have his back. Teddy turns himself into a heel again and brings Big Zeke along with him. Zeke as the heel henchman, to the new heel GM Teddy Long.

That would be my idea to get Zeke over. I honestly dont think he could do it by himself, w/o any mic skills.

Going to Smackdown could help Ezekiel Jackson. Raw is very crowded, and he really didn't have a chance to shine on that show. Being on the blue brand might give Big Zeke a boost. Jackson is decent enough in the ring, he has an awesome physique, and he does bring a great amount of intensity.

I don't think Zeke will get near the World Heavyweight Championship anytime soon, but he could be apart of the Intercontinental Championship picture. Zeke can become a force in the mid card on Smackdown. He won't do anything major as of right now, but being on the blue brand is a lot better than being on Raw. There's just too much stuff happening on that show right now, and Zeke was getting lost in the shuffle.

If Alberto wins the title tomorrow (which I hope he doesn't), he would need a face to feud with. We've seen him feud with Rey and to some extent Edge, who has been the dominant presence as WHC challenger for two months. From there the obvious question is who would Alberto feud with?

They seem to be very high on Jackson, and have for some time. They had him win the ECW title on the final night so that he could hold it for five seconds, which signaled an apparent push, which was furthered with a dominant squash match against Jimmy Wang Yang (ever think you'd hear that name again?) on Smackdown before he got injured. They even moved him to the A show during the draft, despite that he wouldn't be returning for several months. Since returning, he's come back as a face and been pretty dominant on Raw. They seem to want him to go places, and now they've moved him to Smackdown so that he can have more of a role. Raw is ridiculously crowded with the Miz/Orton and Cena/Nexus angles right now, and the US champion is a face, so having him compete in that scene makes no sense.

In moving to Smackdown, I can see him getting over with a few dominant appearances, probably in squashes against the likes of Trent Baretta and Chavo. In the meantime, if Alberto wins the WHC, give him the spotlight for two weeks, make some claim about how no one can beat him and bring out Zeke for the interruption, setting up a match at the Rumble, in which Del Rio most likely retains by cheating/DQ/countout. From there, they're both in the EC, at which point Alberto probably loses the title, likely not to Zeke, but in the meantime, they can establish him as a serious threat in the upper mid-card. I seriously don't see him involved in a WHC match/feud at 'Mania.

If they go the mid-card title route, I don't see him feuding with Ziggler, as the size difference would make a squash the only "logical" result, and I doubt they'd want to go that route. If Kofi wins, the point is moot, but I could see a feud with Swagger being much more convincing and somewhat more balanced. I still see the former scenario as the most likely.

Random thought: since they just erased a match from tomorrow's card, does anyone think there's a chance of an impromptu filler match involving Jackson against someone like McIntyre?

I like the move to Smackdown. Big Zeke Should've stayed on Smackdown in the first place. Smackdown is a chance for him to face new Superstars and get a good push. Big Zeke's push should be just like Bobby Lashly's push. They should just let him have solid, squash matches for a while then put him in a storyline with a top Smackdown Superstar to get some main event status. I expect big things from Zeke.

Jackson going to smackdown is genius !

The WHC and Intercontinental champs are both heel. Ziggler and Kane. If Ziggler or Swagger win at TLC then BAM Ezekial challenges. If Kane or Del Rio win then Bam Ezekial challanges.

Who else is in Smackdown that Jackson could start a fued with. Mcintyre. The two got double counted out in KOTR in a match that Ezekial clearly would have won. That's a legitimate fued waiting to happen.

I personally like this move by the WWE to put Jackson on Smackdown where he could develop his charter and believability in the ring. I also like Jackson on Smackdown because most off Smackdown mid carders are heels so Jackson going to Smackdown gives him more guys to wrestle and move up the ladder where as on Raw he was just wrestling Zack Ryder most off the time so this is a good move. The people I think Jackson has the most chance in wrestling are Tyler Reks, Christian (when he returns) and Drew McIntyre in the ring because all off those wrestler suit his style in the ring.

Possible feud between him and Christian?
Since Zeke took the ECW championship on the last episode on ECW i could really see that happen and they had a decent match on the last ECW but in this angle maybe a IC title feud between the two.

Pretty simple.

If the WWE wants him to be successful, there is every oppurtunity...Why? SD has no faces, Zeke is being pushed as a monster face. Hello. Also take into account the relative lack of size in the majority of the SD roster, and Zeke could get over huge.

This is Perfect for Big Zeke, Raw right now is way to crowded and Zeke would have not got a chance to do anything and he would've been wasted. On Smackdown and used well their aren't many mid-card Faces on Smackdown they could give him a Monster Face push and have just Dominate mid-card Heels. Smart Move to put Zeke on Smackdown where he could be used best.

It could be a good thing for Big Zeke. Since his return, he's gotten a pretty decent response from the crowd and I think that there's possibly some more room for him to grow on SD! than Raw at this particular time. The fact that there's a noticable absence of massively muscular guys on the WWE roster does possibly give Zeke a role to fill.

I think that the WWE brass either like or do see something in the guy as they bothered to take the time to let fans know that Zeke was moving to SmackDown!. He does have a presence about him, he also seems ot have a little bit of personality and he most definitely has a unique look about him. The few times I can remember hearing him speak on ECW, he came across as articulate and he just simply did better than I figured.

Big Zeke seems to have been gaining more fans each and every week. When I was at old school Raw and Zeke came out to fight Brawler it was pretty hush minus a handful of people. Then two weeks later on Raw during the KOTR it seemed noticeably louder when he came out for his match against DrewMc. I like the fact that they moved Zeke over to SD. They are lacking face talent over there and in a crowded Raw scene Zeke wasn't making much noise. Over on SD he can jump right into the midcard and chase the IC title come 2011. When ECW was put down Zeke was originally put on SD and it looked like they were going with a feud against Kane (judging from overseas tours) before he got hurt. Maybe this is where Big Zeke ultimately ends up now that they are both back on the same brand. I see more of a midcard domination from the big man and a possible IC title run sometime after Wrestlemania.

I like this move. Zeke has plenty of room to shine on a Smackdown roster that lacks stars. I see a potential IC Title run in the future. Zeke looked dominant on Raw, and will look the same on Smackdown and will eventually get a push after beating down on jobbers for a few weeks.

I think Zeke is better suited to being a heel but if they use him as a face on SD a feud with Ziggler could really get him over, as Ziggler is a bump machine and could really make Zeke's power offense shine.

Meh, I really don't think Ezekiel jackson is anything special. He does have talent for a big man, but really he has no reason to make me interested in his character. He's more suited to be a body guard than someone that's a big man. We have another character to replace Mark Henry in my opinion, but we'll see what happens to Big Zeke when he gets done on SD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back