EVERYBODY VOTE SAMUS

To be fair, I think everyone underestimated both Iron man and Samus on this one. Don't assume that because Stark is a genius and he has one of the most advanced supercomputers ever, that he can just walk all over Samus. Samus' reflexes are second to none, and her own suits computer has a built in scanner that detects the weaknesses of her opponent. Yes, Stark's may be more advanced but at the same time, Samus' comes from alien technology; a far advanced race known as the Chozo.

But, don't assume that, even with the vast array of weapons she has, that Samus will just blow Iron Man out of the water. Iron Man has flight; something Samus doesn't. Her werapons are vast, and in all honest, FAR more advanced and powerful than Iron Man's, but Iron Man packs one mean punch himself. And with the higher ground, he has somewhat of an advantage.

This is what makes this such an interesting contest. BUT I think the result was fair; Samus not only has the better suit (this can be argued, but it can use foreign technology and adapt it into weaponry for her suit. That wins it for me on the suits), she has fought enemies that ol' Shellhead can only have alcohol-fuelled nightmares about, and lived to tell the tale. And as pointed out before, Iron Man's main weapons are his repulsors, which don't pierce opponents. Samus' beams, particularly her plasma beam, goes straight through opponents and walls. It might not go through Iron Man's armour right away, but enough shots will. And her power bombs...well, enough said, really.

Very close, but Samus won this one. Could have easily gone either way, but either winning would have been fair. Samus ftw.

BTW it has been an awesome tournament, who was last year's winner?

Well, last year's tourney didn't even make it into the finals because of lack of support and Echelon just kind of giving up. :lmao: There were three classes of characters, and I don't remember who made it very far in classes 1 and 3 but the final (or semifinal, or last match posted that anyone cared about) for Class 2 was Mega Man.EXE vs. Megazord and MegaMan won.

I'm hoping this year's tourney gets archived instead of Benoit'd. That was my goal from the start.

But, don't assume that, even with the vast array of weapons she has, that Samus will just blow Iron Man out of the water. Iron Man has flight; something Samus doesn't.

Samus has the space jump (inf screw attack) in her Varia Suit and rocket boots as ZSS

Well, last year's tourney didn't even make it into the finals because of lack of support and Echelon just kind of giving up. :lmao: There were three classes of characters, and I don't remember who made it very far in classes 1 and 3 but the final (or semifinal, or last match posted that anyone cared about) for Class 2 was Mega Man.EXE vs. Megazord and MegaMan won.

I'm hoping this year's tourney gets archived instead of Benoit'd. That was my goal from the start.

I remember getting into a heated debate against Razor over Cloud VS Batman when that match took place.... That and being disappointed that the last tournament never ended due to lack of support. This one has been awesome. It's been a heck of a tournament so far and you two did great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back