Everybody Loves Raymond

hbk4894

Dark Match Jobber
[YOUTUBE]jAWIOs_QdyM[/YOUTUBE]

what are your thoughts on Everyboday loves Raymond and would you say it is the best of all time

OH FUCK NO!!!!!!!

Horrible horriable show, the guy is a whiny little twat, with annoying invasive parents, and over grown pathetic sack of shit for a brother and a wife that is an absolute bitch and treats him like complete shit, every time I watch the stupid show and end up getting pissed off, and just want the stupid fuck to grow a fucking backbone and tell that cunt of a wife of his to fuck off, and lock his mother fucking doors, seriously the show might just be one of the most infuriating sitcoms I have ever seen in my life

I fucking hate this show with a passion, there is not a single ounce of humor that has come out of the what? 8 yrs. or so that show was on the fucking air, one of the worst shows fucking ever of the last decade easily

I loved this show. While it is one of my favorite sitcoms of all time, I wouldn't say that it's the best of all time. The comedy in the show was great for me, and each family member had something different to bring to the table. My favorite character was Frank because he was just pure comedy gold. He was like that old guy that always says the wrong things at the right times. Marie and Robert followed suit. To me, Marie was that jewish grandmother that had the voice you hated yet loved at the same time. Robert was just awkward, which provided for more comedic moments. The show was great, and can really be considered a high point in every actor who was in it's career. Too bad we'll never see a reunion because unfortunately, Frank passed away a few years ago.

But Everybody Loves Raymond is something I still enjoy sitting down and watching, enjoying the comedic presence of the show.

Justinsayne said:
just want the stupid fuck to grow a fucking backbone and tell that cunt of a wife of his to fuck off, and lock his mother fucking doors

I see where you're coming from Justin, and you do have a point. However, that's where half the comedy stemmed from. Ray was a guy who had no backbone, and his wife was a cunt. That was the whole point of the show. I see where you're coming from though.

I love Everybody Loves Raymond. I thoughht it was a very humorous show. Everyone on that show, play there role perfect and they are all very good actors. I wouldn't have minded it going on for longer than eight seasons. My favorite on the show was Frank. I know he passed away and I was sad to hear that. Frank and his, "holy crap" moments were hilarious. That show really symbolizes how some familys are, when there parents live across the street. Good show.

One of my favorite shows of all time. There will be some out there that hate it to bits but I think I loved this show because i had some relation to it. I have an Italian background and the way their family functioned and revolved around the mother reminds me of my family.

Im probably the Robert of the family, single (although only 20 y.o.) and rather unsuccessful. My brother is Ray as he has always been the family favorite and seems to be getting further in life compared to myself and the parents are very similar to mine.

My all time favorite scene was probably in the family portrait episode when Robert asks why Amy cant be in the photo. Marie replies with "It's a Barrone family photo, when she is a Barone she will be in the photo" Robert: "STOP PRESSURING ME!" hahaha love it too bits!

OH FUCK NO!!!!!!!

Horrible horriable show, the guy is a whiny little twat, with annoying invasive parents, and over grown pathetic sack of shit for a brother and a wife that is an absolute bitch and treats him like complete shit, every time I watch the stupid show and end up getting pissed off, and just want the stupid fuck to grow a fucking backbone and tell that cunt of a wife of his to fuck off, and lock his mother fucking doors, seriously the show might just be one of the most infuriating sitcoms I have ever seen in my life

I fucking hate this show with a passion, there is not a single ounce of humor that has come out of the what? 8 yrs. or so that show was on the fucking air, one of the worst shows fucking ever of the last decade easily

Agreed. That show was simply appalling, I hated it every time I tried to watch it. There was no redeeming qualities whatsoever to any of the characters, they were all irritating assholes, kinda like everyone on Malcolm In The Middle, that was another fucking awful show that should have been cancelled after the pilot.

100% awesome post

Agreed. That show was simply appalling, I hated it every time I tried to watch it. There was no redeeming qualities whatsoever to any of the characters, they were all irritating assholes, kinda like everyone on Malcolm In The Middle, that was another fucking awful show that should have been cancelled after the pilot.

100% awesome post

Yeah I agree I mean majority of the episodes I cannot stand to watch, only a few are actually funny and I do not mind seeing at all. But for some reason for a shitty show it did last 8 seasons so it did something right to majority of americans. And not only was Debra a cunt, she was not even cute at all like Raymond could of found a better looking wife then that seriously. I would say the Barone family was just like the Seinfield characters, in that they were all assholes and really not good people because for grown adults they all actedl ike children, used each other and were jealous of one another not to mention whinny and bitchy.

The show was great! Only got into it after a while though. The comedy in it is timeless as it uses the cliches of relationships in families. Anyone growing up with siblings would understand Robert's frustration with the favourite child like Raymond. The wife/women who wants the family to look good in the community but can be a shrewd at home. The husband that only cares more about food/sports than helping out in the house. The classic old man that is indifferent to other things in life because he is old and doesn't care much. Granted the show exaggerated all of these for television but it happens in everyday life. It is a show about the little things in life. Ultimately the show was about family and how no matter how much tension there is, family is still important to us all.

It is a family comedy and that may not be everybody's cup of tea. However it is one of the better ones because there is less resorting to using the kids as a gimmick to gain laughs. Also, the acting and chemistry among the cast is one of the best in a sitcom too.

Here's one of my favourite scene in the show, not extremely funny but it tickles me thinking how I would handle the situation myself.
[YOUTUBE]0j4iMm4yz8I[/YOUTUBE]

This was one of my favorite sitcoms of all time. To me, no sitcom was better at exemplifiying the dysfunction that exists in virtually every family on earth(albiet exaggerated for comic effect). I know there are some members of my family who exhibit some of the traits that you see these characters brought to the forefront. I'd have to say that my favorite episode was one from the second season in which Marie "teaches" Debra how to make her meatballs but substitutes teragon for basil in the recipie, of course with out divulging this to Debra, and of course with hilarious results.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back