• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Eric Bischoff's War Against the "10 Percenters"; Calls the IWC "Irrelevant"

Unfortuntely what Bischoff said was hurtful to a whole bunch of TNA fans, but the worse part is that its true. Face it, the majority of wrestling's audience are casual watchers. By casual watchers I mean that they watch the shows purely for entertainment, only know some of the bigger names in the companies, and dont really care what happens backstage. Some know, but wont really give a damn if someone like Zack Ryder doesnt get the push he deserves. Wrestling companies have always disguised their intentions. They claim to be all about the fans or the industry but they're really about making ratings. Thats what keeps the money flowing. Thats why companies that seem like a shell of their former selves, for example WWE and TNA, seem to be getting only bigger and bigger. From time to time they'll throw you a bone like Kaval or Daniel Bryan, but at the end no matter how much the IWC complains guys like Orton will walk away with titles they dont need, WWE will continue to be PG even though their major audience ISNT kids, and heartless promoters like Bischoff will keep making money whereever they go.

So, 90% of people like TNA's fucked up booking? I think not! I'm not saying that the IWC has power, but I'd say that 90% of people who watch TNA only watch it in hope that it gets better. People only complain about TNA because it does a lot of things wrong. ******ed Eric just won't admit that.

All I have to say is, Erich Bischoff just proved that he does not care about the fans. The IWC are fans of wrestling and he just called us all irrelevant. Well, Eric, Impact Wrestling is irrelevant. Congratulations, you are shit.

Plus, without us "internet fans", wweshop.com and tna's whatever they call it would be bankrupt and useless.

Correction, they would still sell items on the website without the IWC. Just because we frequent forums and things doesn't mean we are buying merch, at all, let alone on the sites, and also, just because other fans dont frequent forums and things doesn't mean that they don't buy from WWEshop and TNA websites. Thee biggest difference is that the IWC, atleast most of them, don't buy tickets, don't buy merch, and don't buy PPVs, because we have the capabilities of watching on the internet. He is absolutely 100 percent right with his statement, because the people that move the meters are the ones standing in line for tickets, going to the merch stands, and paying for PPVs.

And yeah, we watch the weekly shows on tv, but so does tons of other people who don't come on forums to fuss about what somebody is doing wrong. Besides, it seems that most of the IWC is never happy anyway, always complaining about something or saying that someone should have did something else different. You can't please some of them anyway no matter what, so why try? Please the ones actually spending money.

Eric Bischoff is correct. The only problem is TNA does everything in its power to book to the "IWC." For instance, who in the world know that WWE changed its name from world wrestling entertainment to WWE? And who actually cares? No one but the IWC, and yet TNA is wasting millions of Panda and Spike TV's money counter promoting a WWE move that no one knows about with their stupid "wrestling matters" ad campaign.

Perhaps Eric should tweet his thoughts to the people in charge of TNA. Oh...he's the executive producer? Oh well LMAO!

Just like the title says.

Eric B. just blogged that the IWC is irrelevant and that we are 10%er's. Being apart of the IWC it lets me know that companies don't look for what we say, but look for what ratings say. It seems they don't care about what we think, but what insane string to pull to get money. How do you feel about that?

The best way to show someone they are irrelevant is by ignoring them. Mr. Bischoff just proved they care about the IWC.

Good one Eric!

PS. I love his remark about ratings not lying. Right again Eric. They sure don't!!!

LOL

Bischoff is basically right. He really shouldn't cater to that 10% IWC demographic. We're a bunch of wrestling addicts who will watch no matter how shitty it gets. So why would they have to pander to an audience they know they will have regardless?

Who they need to keep watching are the casual fans who will change the channel on them or not buy their ppv's.

Besides, even if he were to try to please the IWC, he couldn't. There are so many contrasting voices here. The only thing we seem to agree on is that we all hate Bischoff. And even at that, I'm sure there are a few Bischoff marks lurking around the community.

And some people refer to the IWC as "smarks." We're not smart on anything. Everything they release or we find out about has to be taken with a grain of salt. They LET us know what we know.

All I have to say is, Erich Bischoff just proved that he does not care about the fans. The IWC are fans of wrestling and he just called us all irrelevant. Well, Eric, Impact Wrestling is irrelevant. Congratulations, you are shit.
He mentioned the Internet Smarks so I don't think he's talking about all of us who read stuff on the web. Most likely he's talking about the people who are always complaining and think they know more about wrestling then the people who run the companies themselves. You know as well as I there are a lot of people out there who think they know more about booking then the Booker's at all the major wrestling promotions.

Personally I enjoy TNA because I don't sit there looking for something to complain about. I don't worry about who is booked to wrestle who or how the show is run. If it entertains me that's all I need I could care less what or who gets what title because I don't know the behind the scenes happenings.

Bischoff is right on the money with this. How many of us hate Cena's character? Most of us do, but does WWE listen to us? No, because for each person that hates Cena, there are at least thousands of people who love him.

I respectfully disagree. The reason VKM keeps Cena at the top is BECAUSE people love to hate his character. You think if when Cena came out the arena was silent that he'd still be on tv? Come on...even you know that's not true. Fact is, like any other endeavor in sports, wrestling needs reaction, both positive and negative, from the fans. Like Dale Earnhardt Sr. used to say, "As long as they're (the fans) are making some noise, that's a good thing." He was referring to the question of being booed when he went to certain tracks to race. He was convinced, and rightfully so, that any reaction is better than no reaction at all.

Mr. Bischoff, like Mick Foley before him, has unwittingly acknowledged a problem that TNA has with its fanbase. That being, they realize that a lot of their fans don't like everything they're doing.

Look, if these folks of the IWC were TRULY irrelevant, he wouldn't even need to make a comment. The fact he has is actually ADMITTING the IWC matters.

LoL

I didn't realize that TNA had such a strong fanbase that they could just write off 10% of their supporters? I believe the IWC feel the same way about TNA for the most part... not sure who to side with here.

Just like the title says.

Eric B. just blogged that the IWC is irrelevant and that we are 10%er's. Being apart of the IWC it lets me know that companies don't look for what we say, but look for what ratings say. It seems they don't care about what we think, but what insane string to pull to get money. How do you feel about that?

I haven't read through so apologies if I'm repeating what's been said.

Of course he shouldn't care! Why should he aim to please a small proportion of his audience over a huge proportion of his audience? That's awful buisness especially since I'm sure theres quite a lot of people on this forum who have never paid for a PPV in their life.

There's a perception on wrestling forums that we're more important than we are. We aren't, the people that spend money on the product are.

100 Percent TRUE........... You guys have been up Zack Ryders Ass for months....... He is about as good as disco in ferno......... did he create ratings NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Complain about wrestling all you want but when it comes down to it if everyone on the internet that talks about wrestling quit watching it wouldn't matter at all!!!

I didn't realize that TNA had such a strong fanbase that they could just write off 10% of their supporters?

IWC will never quit watching wrestling. Then they would have to get a life or talk to a real person etc. I am pretty sure Russo could rape most of the IWC's mothers and it would improve their opinion of him yet they will keep watching a show they know he wrote every week. Sure seems like that would render their opinion even more irrelevant.

Yeah, because the failures of WCW were quite obviously because WCW never listened to IWC smarks... :disappointed:

What a stupid thing to post.

WCW failed because of money. When AOL and Time Warner merged, AOL specifically stated they wanted nothing to do with WCW. You think listening to "HoganFan4Lyfe" on some internet forum babble about how he should lose the title to Goldberg at Bash at the Beach would have changed that?

Get a clue.

So was it money or AOL? Make up your mind.

WCW folding had nothing to do with money. AOL HATED wrestling with a passion and WCW was going no matter if it made money or not. They considered wrestling to be lowbrow and beneath them. Funny coming from a company like AOL.

Someone already said this but Bischoff cares a whole lot about the IWC. He hates them with a passion but he cares. But he is right that the IWC is irrelevant.

Yep Eric the ratings don't lie. Maybe you should spend making your product watchable instead of taking shots at people.

If you comment on these forums and you read wrestlezone on a daily basis you ARE part of the IWC so get over it.

Eric is DEAD ON RIGHT with this.

You don't think Eric realizes that Daniel Bryan is a better wrestler than Hulk Hogan? Of course he does, but he also understands that the majority of wrestling fans don't pay attention to the details that most of us do on this forum.

Bottomline is Cena sells more than Punk. So WWE will market Cena. Its a no brainer. Don't get mad at the man for stating obvious facts.

Comments like that of which Eric made is part of the reason I have grown to love Bischoff. He speaks his mind and follows himself.

I am pretty sure none of us work for WWE or Impact Wrestling. SO until we do, we have no right to challenge anything he says or does. That doesn't mean we cant critique the product, because thats our right. You get the point.

I have to agree. I personally hate the term Internet Wrestling Community almost as much as WWE Universe. Besides, the executives don't have to follow what the IWC says or even listen to what they say since 99% just watch the pay per views for free online.

It's really funny to me how fast this thread popped up (and how many replies there have been!) since the original article was posted on WZ's main page. Bischoff is no dummy, I'm sure he knew that saying what he said would get the IWC in an uproar...and so far, it's worked.

Bischoff is right, to an extent. I'm sure he doesn't 100% believe that the IWC is irrelevant, or he wouldn't constantly be trying to "swerve" us. I do agree that you need to listen more to the "casual" fan, but with TNA's current situation (not touring) - they might need to listen to us more than they think.

Bravo, Bischoff. Way to get the internet buzzing again!

If you comment on these forums and you read wrestlezone on a daily basis you ARE part of the IWC so get over it.

Eric is DEAD ON RIGHT with this.

You don't think Eric realizes that Daniel Bryan is a better wrestler than Hulk Hogan? Of course he does, but he also understands that the majority of wrestling fans don't pay attention to the details that most of us do on this forum.

Bottomline is Cena sells more than Punk. So WWE will market Cena. Its a no brainer. Don't get mad at the man for stating obvious facts.

Comments like that of which Eric made is part of the reason I have grown to love Bischoff. He speaks his mind and follows himself.

I am pretty sure none of us work for WWE or Impact Wrestling. SO until we do, we have no right to challenge anything he says or does. That doesn't mean we cant critique the product, because thats our right. You get the point.

Actually we as fans have every right to challenge him. The fact is, Bischoff and company have failed MISERABLY to make any appreciable difference for TNA since arriving in scene. Why WOULD he say otherwise about the IWC? He's fighting for his job and trying to move up the ladder to get the reigns full time. Good for him. I wish him luck. Hopefully if he gets to be in charge of the ship he can make a bigger difference than his and Hogan's mere presence have resulted in to date.

See Eric is a product of his own press clippings. HE actually believes that he and Hogan are big deals in wrestling. If they were, they wouldn't BE working for TNA. No offense, but as I keep on saying, TNA is the minor leagues by comparison. It's why he and Hogan are there and not in WWE. You think if VKM offered them a million bucks to bolt they wouldn't run so fast you'd see nothing but a vapor trail behind them? For he and HH it's about the money and nothing more. EB needs the dough to help finance his other television projects and he also needs the contacts. HH just needs the money. Paying off an ex-wife and taking care of 2 spoiled brats with high end needs isn't easy. HH also loves the spotlight. He loves making it all about HH. God bless him. He's been very fortunate to make all the cash he has. Sadly, it seems he's blown most of it.

Anyway, again, if the IWC EB wouldn't have taken the time to acknowledge them/us.

LoL

It's really funny to me how fast this thread popped up (and how many replies there have been!) since the original article was posted on WZ's main page. Bischoff is no dummy, I'm sure he knew that saying what he said would get the IWC in an uproar...and so far, it's worked.

Bischoff is right, to an extent. I'm sure he doesn't 100% believe that the IWC is irrelevant, or he wouldn't constantly be trying to "swerve" us. I do agree that you need to listen more to the "casual" fan, but with TNA's current situation (not touring) - they might need to listen to us more than they think.

Ahhh, the old Mick Foley trick. Say something negative to get attention. Know what that screams?

It screams that your product alone isn't good enough for people to talk about seriously and you need something, ANYTHING, to get people talking.

RealPrincePunk
@EBischoff is raging over the similarities between TNA and the wrestling Smarks, the inability to back a single idea and their irrelevance.

I believe this tweet back at EB says it the best. (Yes my ego is that huge) simply put he sucks up his own hype more than anyone else.

Bullshit! Bullshit! Bullshit! I am pissed to read all of the statements that he is 100% correct. He isn't, the IWC is a subset of the fan base. A much bigger subset than Nielsen ratings. This isn't 1996 anymore, a promoter has the ability to gage opinions very easily and should take advantage of it. If they ignore those opinions completely they are going to lose fan base (I stopped watching TNA months ago and I doubt that I am alone). They are going to miss out on educating themselves on what works or what piqued ones interest in wrestling in the first place. Our opinions matter.

Eric Bichoff is a out of touch, arrested development, in denial douche.

I am looking for an argument so I welcome all comments and obnoxious insults.

Bullshit! Bullshit! Bullshit! I am pissed to read all of the statements that he is 100% correct.

Because he is? Nobody cares about you. Nobody cares about me. Get over it.
He isn't, the IWC is a subset of the fan base.
10 to 20% of a wrestling fanbase.

A much bigger subset than Nielsen ratings.

:lmao:
This isn't 1996 anymore, a promoter has the ability to gage opinions very easily and should take advantage of it. If they ignore those opinions completely they are going to lose fan base (I stopped watching TNA months ago and I doubt that I am alone).
And I'm sure TNA has SUFFERED tremendously from you not watching.
They are going to miss out on educating themselves on what works or what piqued ones interest in wrestling in the first place. Our opinions matter.
No it doesn't. You do not know a sucking fucking thing about running a promotion, hiring a certain name, booking events, working the duties that come with payment and everything else Vince McMahon, Dixie Carter and Bischoff does.

Eric Bichoff is a out of touch, arrested development, in denial douche.

I am looking for an argument so I welcome all comments and obnoxious insults.

Your the only in in denial here. Nobody is gonna cater to you or what you want or anyone of us.

Did you know Power Rangers has a 30% fanbase of ADULTS? Do you think the creators and or producers are gonna cater to what the adult fans want too?

ROH is a IWC based company. Guess what? They ARE IRREVERENT AS HELL. They can't get a decent PPV deal, so they air online PPVS. Which doesn't pay the bills.

Yeah the man knows how to mind fuck. Controversy creates cash is his motto, now the smarks are mad he told them off. But he can't put the smarks in the same catagory as the rest of the IWC because the ICW spends cash also but he created this controversy right now but where will the cash go now that the smarks have been insulted. Will a TNA smark spend their money after reading that tweet?

For once I agree with "Easy E".
I have always been amazed at how fickle the IWC can be. First they want Edge as WC, when he finally gets it they turn on him. Same with RVD, Hardy and Punk. They build these people up and say they should be WC. When they get it, they complain and say things like "They aren't ready" or "It's too soon".

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back