Endless Forms Most Beautiful

Dagger Dias

One Winged Admin
Staff member
Administrator
The new album by the Symphonic Metal legends (and my favorite band) Nightwish has finally arrived. "Endless Forms Most Beautiful" is their 8th album and the first official album featuring the new lead vocalist Floor Jansen as well as the first one to include Troy Donockley as a full time member. Troy had worked with them previously on Dark Passion Play and Imaginaerum playing various instruments such as uillean pipes.

The album has 11 tracks, one of which is 24 minute long, the longest song the band has ever released. The standard disc alone is 78 minutes and 36 seconds worth of music. Aside from the standard disc release, they have followed in the tradition of the last two albums providing an instrumental counterpart of the standard disc in some release versions. They did something new this time which I found extremely cool. There is also a special edition containing the first two discs plus a third disc, which has an orchestral version of the album. I purchased the Earbook release of the 3 disc version. It comes in a book nearly as large as a 3 ring binder, full of artwork.

Here is the track listing:

1. Shudder Before the Beautiful
2. Weak Fantasy
3. Élan
4. Yours Is an Empty Hope
5. Our Decades in the Sun
6. My Walden
7. Endless Forms Most Beautiful
8. Edema Ruh
9. Alpenglow
10. The Eyes of Sharbat Gula
11. The Greatest Show on Earth

The first single off the album was Élan. Here is the video:

[YOUTUBE]zPonioDYnoY[/YOUTUBE]​

What are your thoughts on this song and others on the album if you have heard them?

What do you think about the multiple disc set-up that this and previous Nightwish albums have done by providing complete instrumental (and orchestral in this album's case) versions of the standard disc? Should more bands do things like this?

Any other on-topic thoughts on the album or on Nightwish in general within our forum rules are welcome.

Discuss! :)

Nightwish - Shudder Before The Beautiful

[YOUTUBE]YeKSv4CBnpQ[/YOUTUBE]​

This is the opening track off the album, and while I liked Élan, this should have been the lead single. It's the track I feel would be the best representation of the album. Have a listen. Highly recommended for any Symphonic Metal fan and especially to any Nightwish fans who are not yet convinced if they should get this album. I had heard it might become the second single for the album, but it has not been confirmed yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back