• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Eminem...

Ok, first off lemme state that I am not one of those guys that "shit on everything past the year 2000" I love many rap albums that have come out past 2000 and even a few that have came out this year. But come on man, Eminems new stuff is pop rap garbage, aside from a few songs here and there its all garbage.

Garbage my ass homie. It is a commercial album, this isn't the underground. Part of his job is to sell records. With that said, outside of maybe the one song with Pink and the one with Rhianna none of that was pop rap. And even those two could only be in that category because of the hooks. Lyrically he is dope on all the songs. Some more then others but overall Recovery is a great album. Slightly below Slim Shady LP and Marshall Mathers LP and close to on par with Eminem Show.

When did I say he was the best right now? After this album he is certainly up there but I'd probably say his boy Royce Da 5'9 is the best out there right now. Like I said earlier, just because you don't understand a rhyme doesn't mean it sucks and makes no sense.

agreed about royce da 5'9. he has been for years. but those lines are just weak and terrible. I actually think we might agree on alot of things about rap, but em's new shit is weak, and what pisses me off are the people that love guys like soulja boy and guys like him are gonna love some of those pop sounding songs that we havent even mentioned.

I'm not saying newer stuff is terrible. I just think being the greatest alive back in the day is alot bigger than being the best right now. There are some sick as fuck rappers right now. I'd just say that there were alot more in the late 80's and all of the 90's

No one has ever disagreed with that. It still doesn't mean all the new shit put out by guys like Em should be shit on because it isn't the same as what he did ten years ago. The guy is ten years older, completely sober, and in a completely different state of mind then he was after his first 2-3 albums. Different doesn't equal bad all the time.

Garbage my ass homie. It is a commercial album, this isn't the underground. Part of his job is to sell records. With that said, outside of maybe the one song with Pink and the one with Rhianna none of that was pop rap. And even those two could only be in that category because of the hooks. Lyrically he is dope on all the songs. Some more then others but overall Recovery is a great album. Slightly below Slim Shady LP and Marshall Mathers LP and close to on par with Eminem Show.

See man, we can argue on this all night, but my opinion won't change. Like I said, there were definitley a few songs on there that i liked and i dont mind his singles, like you said the mans gotta sell records. And I do agree that he mantained a certain standard of lyrical dopeness throughout, but I just cant get into his new stuff, like i said before maybe im spoiled from all the classic shit i listen to or maybe im getting old.

and (hopefully not) it seems to me like his albums are gonna get worse.

I hope he stars doing drugs again and makes hella good songs again. I saw a flash of old Eminem greatness at some award show, he did a freestyle w/Mos Def and another dude, yo Big Sexy, you member what that was at?

I hope he stars doing drugs again and makes hella good songs again. I saw a flash of old Eminem greatness at some award show, he did a freestyle w/Mos Def and another dude, yo Big Sexy, you member what that was at?

The BET awards with Mos Def and Black Thought. And I hope Em keeps away from the drugs, I like my dope emcees alive.

I do hope he comes out with better shit, but i dont wish drug addiction on my worst enemy.
His freestyle's are still dope ass fuck, and some of the mixtape stuff he does is too. But it def doesnt change the fact recovery as a whole is just not that good of an album.

The BET awards with Mos Def and Black Thought. And I hope Em keeps away from the drugs, I like my dope emcees alive.

Thanks for the info, I've been looking for that for quite some time. And i was kidding about the drugs thing, I think its great that the man is now sober.

kevMed, its okay. I understand you have the intelligence of a gnat but I'd hope you'd realize that ENTIRE verse you quoted is all about rapper. He does not suddenly go off about bitches, you just don't have any imagination. Em's entire albums either about A. His second chance, which he's making great work of. B. What he went through and how he's finally "back". C. Kim, I'm guessing, cause he seemingly still obsesssed with him. Course, the women he could be talking about might just be Rap like he says in 25 to Life so it might make more sense that C. is about what Raps done to him.

"Used to bomb you like Sadaam but now that im a little calmer Im a fucking cross between Osama Dama, Obama and Dali Llama" Lines like these are the reason i will continue to love Eminem even while he puts out albums i dont enjoy.

kevMed, its okay. I understand you have the intelligence of a gnat but I'd hope you'd realize that ENTIRE verse you quoted is all about rapper. He does not suddenly go off about bitches, you just don't have any imagination. Em's entire albums either about A. His second chance, which he's making great work of. B. What he went through and how he's finally "back". C. Kim, I'm guessing, cause he seemingly still obsesssed with him. Course, the women he could be talking about might just be Rap like he says in 25 to Life so it might make more sense that C. is about what Raps done to him.

:disappointed: You could have totally said all this minus the insult, amiright? kevmed, Big Sexy and i were having a discussion and you just HAD to come here acting all rude and assholeish, theres no need for that.

Every 1 knows what the album is about. most of the songs are decent i said that, just nowhere near as good as the lyrics and the stories and the beats he used to have. we were just arguing the one song cuz imo its terrible and most of the songs lyrics are weird and stupid.

who would have thought my first discussion on a wrestling site would have been about rap, lol i like it here!!

Right, I look like a dumb kid yet you type like a 5th grader. I'm glad this is the Cage so I don't actually have to seriously respond to you so once again I shall just call you a ******ed Gnat.

:disappointed: You could have totally said all this minus the insult, amiright? kevmed, Big Sexy and i were having a discussion and you just HAD to come here acting all rude and assholeish, theres no need for that.

yea weak babyish insults aren't needed. It makes you look like dumb kid.

He's allowed to insult you. He's better than you guys, he needs no excuse.

Also, being called dumb by someone who posts like he's typing a fucking text message really has no merit. Is it really that hard to spell out "one?'

He's allowed to insult you. He's better than you guys, he needs no excuse.

Also, being called dumb by someone who posts like he's typing a fucking text message really has no merit. Is it really that hard to spell out "one?'

Shut up, Nate.

The first two tracks are by far the best on the album IMO. "Talkin 2 Myself" is the best Em song I've heard in years.

Eminem is good.

Way to add to the conversation Milenko. Riveting as always.

The first two tracks are by far the best on the album IMO. "Talkin 2 Myself" is the best Em song I've heard in years.

Way to add to the conversation Milenko. Riveting as always.
Everyone is talking about his new shit which I haven't heard so that's about all I can add.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back