Elite Upgrade

TheOneBigWill

[This Space for Rent]
So, my Xbox 360 red ringed on my Birthday, of all days. I called Microsoft, they said I could send it in and get it repaired for free. So thats what I'll be doing.

In the meantime, I didn't feel like I could just sit and have nothing for close to a month.. so I went out and decided to buy a replacement. Originally, I was only going to buy a simple system replacement. It would've cost around $150.00 (used), $200.00. (new)

Well, turns out I ended up getting an Elite because I was told they have the best % rate of NOT crashing, out of PS3's, Wii's, and the original 360's.

I found it funny that I went in search of a simple xbox system to replace my original, while its being repaired.. and end up buying a system thats bigger, and apparently better.

So.. are Elite's really better?

My original 360 got a quadrant ring so they replaced my whole 360, it only took a few days but i didnt get an Elite but my replacement hasn't fucked up and its the new gen version. But anyone with an original XBOX 360 when they first came out should get theirs replaced.

Microsoft keeps sending me my original. I know this, because it has the same exact serious number. This is the 3rd time its red ringed.

Now I just need to find a way to transfer all my data from my original hard-drive, to the Elite's hard-drive. Gamestop told me a transfer kit will do it, but you can only buy them online??? (please, noone give links in this thread - its considered advertising and I wouldn't want anyone to get busted)

The Elite came with Halo O.D.S.T and Forza Motor Sports 3 (title?)

I have ZERO ambition to play either, and instantly asked what the trade-in value was for both. $20.00 was the reply. I kept the games.

You should have gotten a transfer kit with your new console. If not, call Microsoft and they will send you one out for free, in the UK at least. You can only use it once though.

Yea they tend to send you your original unless you specifically say, DO NOT SEND MY ORIGINAL XBOX.

A friend of mine said after the 2nd time, that the same system went bad - they'd send a brand new one. So we'll see.

You should have gotten a transfer kit with your new console. If not, call Microsoft and they will send you one out for free, in the UK at least. You can only use it once though.

Xbox Elite's come with transfer kits? I did not know this. (I haven't opened it yet, either)

One thing to keep in mind. I went to the store, and BOUGHT myself a 2nd Xbox (this time, being an Elite) because waiting almost a full month for my original system to get repaired is too long for me to wanna wait. I have too many games I enjoy playing, to not have a system there for me to use.

Microsoft did NOT send me an Elite, as a replacement. I bought it. They're fixing and will send back my original, standard, 360.

So.. do Elite's, when purchased through a Gamestop, Walmart, general retail outlet, come with transfer kits?!

By the way Will I just downloaded your "Road to Wrestlemania" storyline. I like it so far. Haven't finished it yet.

Search my user name. You should find ALL of my stories.

I have a Road to Wrestlemania story.. then several Raw, ECW, SD's that follow. I'm 2 weeks away from No Way Out.

Also, you'll find a damn fine looking Drew McIntyre.. but I need to upload the revamped version. Complete w/ moveset, and custom entrance. I have authentic theme music, and a custom tron video as well.. but doubt either would show up in the CAW download.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back