• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Elimination Chamber - Unification?

kiztwo

Ron Simmons' biggest fan
I thought that it would be a different way of unifying the Intercontinental and US titles that way you can have two heels or two face champions.

It could also set up someone else to win both titles instead of typical champion Vs champion match I thought it would also make a change from the top stars in the chamber.

What do you guys think??

Not a bad idea, it's certainly different from other one on one championship unification matches. However, I feel it's unlike that there would be an Elimination Chamber dedicated to midcard belts. That said, there's no reason not to, if it can include three of the best from both shows. Pretty good idea!

I could see them having one of the chambers dedicated to the unification of the IC/US belts, with the winner also becoming the new #1 contender to their brands world title.
Throw in one Chamber: Miz, Ziggler, Kofi, McIntrye, Bryan, Darren Young: winner unifies the titles and grabs a shot either the WHC or WWE title
Then in the other Chamber: Shameaus (predicted WWE champ at the time), Kane (WHC), John Cena, Randy Orton, Rey Mysterio and the Big Show. Winner will be Unanimous Champion, however, they won't necessarily be unified (like boxing)

I think the Elimination Chambers should decide a World Championship, or decide who gets a shot. Remember the ECW Extreme Elimination Chamber for the ECW Championship? It was a let down for sure. It would bring some prestige to the Intercontinental and United States Championship, but I think it would bring down the Elimination Chamber Match. You've never seen the Intercontinental or United States Championship defended in a Hell in a Cell, have ya? Not saying the idea is bad. It's a decent idea.

fabulous Rougeau, I have to say i like your Idea A Lot. but I think they should have the tournament BE a PPV ala KOTR. I know its a stretch, but like i said before, if they could develop enough interest in the Idea.... either that or have the tournament be inter promotional, some matches on smackdown and some on Raw leading to the final match taking place on ppv.

I don't know how i feel about having a Main event Match stipulation involving all Midcarders but the match could have some amazing potential.

However they would have to really build it up to that point.. The problem is, I feel like WWE would throw the match together, and with a match like this you need more then four raws to do so... If enough time and effort was invested in this story, the fact that it is a bunch of Mid carders would be forgotten and the match would be paid attention to by more then just the IWC. for it to go over well they need to develop enough interest with Mainstream fans and make them care about those wrestlers just as much as they do the main event. Just my opinion.

Ziggler, Morrison, Bourne, Kaval, Danielson, Miz. That match would be epic.

Tournament

They should dedicate a special 3 hour Raw to a one night...16 man tournament. It would be different, it would create interest, it would give the wrestlers enough time to put on quality matches, and it would make it seem important. The winner would be the new Intercontinental champion and bring prestige back to the title.

fabulous Rougeau, I have to say i like your Idea A Lot. but I think they should have the tournament BE a PPV ala KOTR. I know its a stretch, but like i said before, if they could develop enough interest in the Idea.... either that or have the tournament be inter promotional, some matches on smackdown and some on Raw leading to the final match taking place on ppv.

I understand what you're saying...having it on a PPV would seem like a bigger deal. But what I think the WWE needs is to shake things up a bit. Bring in a little change and create some more interest especially on their flagship show. Having this take place on RAW would allow the tournament to be seen by more viewers. They can have this unification take place in Novemeber...and then unify the world titles at mania. (That's a different story for a different time and will save that for another thread.)

They also need to create a new belt (maybe even go old school and have it look similar to the old IC title - but that's just personal taste) and have some real quality PPV type matches on RAW.

Bringing prestige back to the titles is what the WWE sorely needs.

I think doing either way would be great. Inside the Chamber you could have Bryan, JoMo, Ted, Cody, Kofi, Ziggler, McEntyre, Christian, Hardy, Young, Riley, MVP etc. with a tournament, you can have them all.

What I think is more likely is a ladder/tlc match (maybe even at TLC) where both champs go in with a belt, probably Bryan and Ziggler, but hanging instead of the IC/US belts, there is a new version of the IC title (maybe the old belt - bring it back to glory) and whoever gets it is the unified champion.

Why would they do it a month before Mania? when they could hype the magnitude of the match (which should of happened back at Mania 18 rather then Vengance 2001) so this time do it right and have it at an event that will be remembered and the match will be of importance.
It wouldn't surprise me if Mania 27 is where this happens and the match is Cena/Undertaker.

But whatever WWE does DON'T give the match away so close to Wrestlemania it just wouldn't make sense.

How about for the unification of the WWE/WHC? That's what I'd like to see! SD!'s 3 best vs RAW's 3 best. Guys want to win, but they'd also want the title to stay on their brand so it'd create some interesting situations. All I know is that I would love to see a match like:

Cena v. Orton v. Edge v. Kane v. Undertaker v. CM Punk

And have either Edge or Kane come out on top ;)

... so the last part may be a dream but that match (elimination chamber style) would be epic.

that tournament sounds like a brilliant idea that way they dont have to use the king of the ring and ruin 1 character with a silly gimmik again

Really thats your groups???
First this is not till Feb so to think that either Sheamus or Kane will be champs seems rather unlikely
And heck I woudl think either Miz r Barret in the chamber over Show or Rey and of course HHH is likley as well
and to put Darren Young, Ziggles and Bryan in the lower card over Truth, Punk, Kaval or Dashing Cody seems wrong
I could see them having one of the chambers dedicated to the unification of the IC/US belts, with the winner also becoming the new #1 contender to their brands world title.
Throw in one Chamber: Miz, Ziggler, Kofi, McIntrye, Bryan, Darren Young: winner unifies the titles and grabs a shot either the WHC or WWE title
Then in the other Chamber: Shameaus (predicted WWE champ at the time), Kane (WHC), John Cena, Randy Orton, Rey Mysterio and the Big Show. Winner will be Unanimous Champion, however, they won't necessarily be unified (like boxing)

I think there should be a 10 Man Battle Royal at a PPV to determine the unified US/IC champion. On every SD and Raw there could be two qualifying matches to determine who goes into the Battle Royal, with both the IC and US champion being in it already there would only be 8 more men that will need to be determined and with there being two qualifying matches on both SD and Raw it will only take two weeks to find out who will be competing in the Battle Royal. I would think it would be Daniel Bryan (US Champ), John Morrison, Ted Dibiase, R-Truth and Zack Ryder from Raw and then Dolph Ziggler (IC Champ), Matt Hardy, Kofi Kingston, Cody Rhodes and Christian from SD. I think it would be a change from the Champ Vs Champ match to unify the belts, I think the match itself would be good as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back