• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Elimination Chamber 2015: Intercontinental Championship [Elimination Chamber Match]

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
Along with the tag title EC match, the Intercontinental Championship will be on the line for the first time in its own EC match following Daniel Bryan vacating the title last night. There's talk of Bryan sticking around to help kickstart the angle of crowning a new champion, possibly kicking things off at Payback. Off the top of my head, I think the guys who're all but guaranteed to be in the match right now are King Barrett, Dolph Ziggler, Dean Ambrose and Sheamus. That leaves two spots open and I could see them going to Ryback, Bray Wyatt or Neville. The EC match has traditionally been for 6 competitors, so I think they'll probably stick with the format. There's still time for Ryback vs. Wyatt to be added to Payback; if that happens and if Ryback wins, I could see him going into the EC IC title match only for Wyatt to screw him over somehow or vice versa if Wyatt wins to continue the feud.

With two "PPV" events this month, I think that the IC EC match should definitely headline. Have Seth be there for his own angle purposes or whatever, but the focus of the event should be on the vacant IC title, not some thrown-together match for Seth (as it would probably be some run-down rerun of a match we've seen a zillion times). have RAW segments building toward it in the couple of weeks we have left until the 31st. This could be really good.

i think it would be best to have 3 chamber matches.....the first match should be for the right to be number one contender....the second one should be the tag team title match and the main event should be for the vacant IC title, BUT if they just had two matches i wouldn't hate that....but as said above, i dont want to see Seth defend his title and listen to JBL complain on commentary about how unfair it is. i think it would be better for him to just make an appearance and cut a promo for a future angle with the winner of the chamber.

Hopefully they take a shot on somebody different. None of the usual suspects. I'd like to see Wyatt, Neville or Ryback be given a run with the belt. It's better than another Ziggler or Barrett reign, and even though Sheamus has never held that belt i'd lump him in with those two as well.

This is a chance for a big, NEW, and first ever title win for a WWE talent.

A win at Elimination Chamber for a guy like Ryback would be HUGE! He's really getting the crowd behind him and if WWE really wants to use him a credible competitor going forward he almost needs to get this win.

Guys like Barrett, Sheamus, Ziggler and Ambrose are great talents but, face it, they've won singles titles before and they are popular enough and there is no way that a loss at an Elimination Chamber for them would really hurt them. Also if a new guy like Neville gets added, he also wouldn't be hurt by a loss in his early career.

The only guy I kind of worry about is Bray Wyatt. Here's a guy who is phenomenal on the mic and at the very least solid in the ring, certainly great in ring psychology! He's got the audience in his hands most nights but he needs to get some wins at least and/or stay away from titles until it's really 'right' for him. If he gets into a title hunt, it's too crowded right now and he's a guy who needs to be pushed strong if he's pushed and losing in title matches won't help.

I know this is a bit of a tangent but it's related to the importance of keeping him away from the title hunt. He needs to keep having personal vendetta feuds and start winning them, maybe he can start beating guys and 'converting' them to his side. If Harper & Rowan are off on their own, a new Wyatt crew would be interesting even if it's only temporary and becomes another Daniel Bryan situation where they turn on him by SummerSlam.

Anyway, to sum this up, here are the bullet points:

- Someone who has never won a title needs to win this IC title Chamber match (i.e. Ryback, Neville, etc.)

- Keep Wyatt away from this and other title hunts until he's got big wins under his belt and can be pushed properly as a title holder

With two "PPV" events this month, I think that the IC EC match should definitely headline. Have Seth be there for his own angle purposes or whatever, but the focus of the event should be on the vacant IC title, not some thrown-together match for Seth (as it would probably be some run-down rerun of a match we've seen a zillion times). have RAW segments building toward it in the couple of weeks we have left until the 31st. This could be really good.

WWE postponed the SC live event until November so it looks like they'll have the full roster for the PPV. It's going to be hard to not have Rollins the focus of EC.

I could imagine HHH has Rollins defend his title against Kane (insurance for Rollins to win the match), the returning Big Show (see Kane), Reigns, Ambrose and Orton.

I'm pretty sure a WHC match was announced for EC yesterday. So while the IC EC match most likely won't be the main event, it's still very important. Here's who I think is in the match:

King Barrett
Neville
Ziggler
Sheamus
Ryback
Stardust

I think Barrett is in a good enough position right now and already has had so many reigns with the IC belt that another reign now wouldn't be very beneficial.

Ziggler is always a good choice on my opinion as IC champ because he defends the belt more frequently in more important matches that most other champs as of late. However, he'll be fine without it right now, especially if he keeps being booked strong in this Sheamus feud.

Stardust would definitely benefit from a run with the belt, but I highly doubt he'd be used in the match as much more than fodder.

Ryback just seems like someone who does well enough without a championship, but I think he should win one sooner rather than later still and have a good reign, but I think there's too much new stuff happening now for a monster face title run, there's just too many other talents who could use the belt more.

Neville would highly benefit from having a mid card title run and could win matches all the time and cement himself properly as a main roster attraction. But it still seems a little bit too early.

I would have to go with Sheamus as the winner. He hasn't really proved much so far since his return and needs a big win, and Sheamus needs an IC reign anyway for eventual Grand Slam Championship, so now seems like a good time because of his new look etc... Sheamus can have a good monster heel belt run until Neville beats him for the belt, probably at SummerSlam.

Sheamus
Ziggler
Ryback
Wyatt
Neville
KIng Barrett/ Ambrose

I would really like to see Barrett move away from the IC TITLE scene and be pushed up the main card after his King of the Ring win.

I think Wyatt needs the title the most. He has been chasing too stars for the past 3 years and now it's time he holds the IC title to be ready for the WWE title next year.

They wanted to elevate the Ic title to what it once was so they gave it to DB and now he got hurt which sucks but to keep it relevant Randy Orton needs to win no matter what the end

So, the line up for this match has been announce and there are a few odd choices. As we saw at WrestleMania, I have no idea why R-Truth is part of this match. At this point in time, Truth is pretty much the quintessential mid-card jobber. Rusev suddenly going from the United States Championship picture into the Intercontinental Championship picture within 24 hours feels a little rushed to me. However, given the limited time they have coupled with the attention span of a lot of modern fans, that's not surprising. Ryback being added to the match, again, feels odd to me since he lost his match against Bray Wyatt at Payback. I'm of the opinion that the match should've been Sheamus vs. Ziggler vs. Rusev vs. Neville vs. Wyatt. Sheamus has been into it with Ziggler & Neville for a little bit, now Rusev has targeted Ziggler after what happened last night with Lana, and Ryback's gotta bit of a feud going with Sheamus. Barrett's also been into it with Ziggler and Neville over the past little bit, and Wyatt being involved to continue things with Ryback just seems to fit more naturally.

As to who comes out on top, all signs are pointing to Sheamus right now. He scored clean wins over Ziggler and Ryback at Payback & Raw respectively and he just seems to have all the momentum right now.

I don't know why you'd put Truth in there over Neville. Though that guy has been in a Chamber match before. WWE is fucked up sometimes.

Rusev goes on a killing spree only to taken out by a sneaky Zig Zag. Then somebody random wins.

It should be a good match. I'm surprised to see Rusev involved in the match. I figured they'd have one more Cena/Rusev match. However, I'm glad they moved on from that.

It makes the most sense if Ziggler wins, he's a marked man. Sheamus wants him, now Rusev wants him but I wouldn't be surprise if Sheamus wins, they've been booking him strong since his return.

Either Rusev or Sheamus picks up the win here. Hard to say where this goes as they have been building up Sheamus to win the IC title but i feel that Rusev needs this to carry on.

If Rusev is in this, this is the way I see it going:

R-Truth eliminated by Rusev or Barrett
Barrett eliminated by Ryback
Ryback eliminated by Rusev

Dolph then takes advantage of Rusev and rolls him up to pin him, or they could use his ankle injury if he is able to wrestle. Then have Rusev destroy Dolph, leaving him easy pickings for Sheamus. Sheamus wins.

I believe the original intent was for Daniel Bryan to retain. After that, I figured Rusev would get the IC title to maintain the momentum he gained from his Cena feud.

If Rusev is out, I have no idea who his replacement might be.... but whomever, it seems unlikely that person would win the title. As to the others, Sheamus has the rep to hold the belt, yet he's been winning and losing in unremarkable fashion. I figured his return after that long absence would have signaled a push, but it hasn't.

Until long-term plans for the IC belt can be firmed up, I'd say Sunday's action ends up with Dolph Ziggler winning. He's pretty nondescript, yet popular enough to hold the championship until the company can get the title picture back on track.

No Rusev is a shame, especially if he was going to retain. My best guess is that he wasn't. They could replace him with Stardust just for the sake of it. Wyatt would be fine too and that would further the stuff with Ryback. I'd put in Reigns and seriously consider having him win.

Truth has no chance. Ziggler and Barrett are very unlikely. Ryback is a possibility but I reckon Sheamus is bound to win this. He has been great since his return and was the victor in the feud with Ziggler. Indeed, he is also a heel which compliments Cena's reign.

An IC title run for Reigns could do him wonders. It doesn't mean they have to abandon his big push. It doesn't even mean he is away from the top of the card. He would still be free to feud with The Authority. Indeed, it means he has the belt on him and some obvious direction into the future. Plus it would help win over some of the fans who aren't too keen. Have him run through Sheamus, Barrett, Miz, Stardust and others. Then take stock before the Rumble. If the title run has been a success he drops the belt and wins the Rumble. If not, he keeps the belt and there is maybe something big with Bryan or Cena.

Ultimately, I am looking forward to this match. Perhaps not as much as when it was first announced because half the participants don't seem likely to win. The reality is, this can be a great match and still be only the fourth best of the show which is great for the fans.

aa20150517_elimination_EP_LIGHT_HP_matches_IC.jpg

I could see this going on earlier in the evening. Probably 2nd or 3rd. I'm excited for it, as I always am with Elimination Chamber matches. It will be good for the Intercontinental Championship and will be a very big deal for whoever wins it. Speaking of that, let's take a look at each of the contenders....

Dolph Ziggler
Always a good choice for matches like this, but I don't like his odds of winning. He'll surely have some good spots and over-sell everything like usual.

King Barrett
He's got decent odds of winning this, but based off his luck with previous pushes and Intercontinental Championship reigns.... Barrett might be better off not winning the belt again. He did win King Of The Ring though and that's meant to open the door to bigger pushes. I just hope that if he wins this that he actually gets to do something with the belt this time around. DO NOT GET INJURED AGAIN IF YOU WIN, BARRETT!!!! In all seriousness, he is my secondary pick.

Ryback
Yeah, no. He'd make a terrible champion. The belt would be back to meaning nothing if someone who is boring and sucks wins it. Unfortunately he has decent odds of winning. Barrett and Sheamus both have a higher chance than Ryback of winning though.

R-Truth
Here we have the guy who is going to win the-

:lmao:

No, sorry I could not say it with a straight face. Why is he even IN this match?

Rusev
Rusev up until a week ago would have been one of favorites to win this match. The awful love triangle with Ziggler angle has hurt him in terms of appearing to be a threat, not to mention he's had some bad luck lately. So, I don't see him winning after the week he has had.

Sheamus
Which leaves us with my pick to win the match. Sheamus. He has been on fire ever since he came back embracing his new heel bully persona. He is the perfect pick to win this. Promos about further putting down cruiserweights would follow, and potentially a title feud with Neville.

DAGGER'S PREDICTION
Sheamus will win the Intercontinental Championship.

I think Sheamus got this. It makes sense since he returned and attacked Ziggler and Bryan. He's beaten Ziggler and with him as champion, it shakes up the IC title division rather than giving us what we've been used to with Ziggler and BNB as champ.

It would be cool to see Ryback as champ though.

I'm not so sure Sheamus might win if Wyatt is thrown into the mix. If the rumours are true and Rusev's injury will keep him out, then they might just change horses in the middle of the stream again.

It wouldn't look good for Wyatt to lose against a group of mid carder's considering who he's been up against before. Also don't forget at last year's MITB, he was in the match for the title not the briefcase, if I'm correct. This is a step down for him.

Don't know why Neville didn't replace Rusev, but I guess they needed another heel.

Sheamus makes sense if they want all three titles being with heels.

Ryback makes sense if they want to give the IC to a babyface.

R-Truth is in there to take a few medium bumps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back