Eli Dingle

Status
Not open for further replies.
You saw that film Jake? I went to see that when it aired at the annual film festival here, man it was a great film. I really enjoyed it, especially the fact that they showed so much more to the skinhead culture then just the racist aspect of it. Skinheads weren't originally racists/Nazis. What'd you think of it?

Oh and who the fuck is Eli Dingle?

You saw that film Jake? I went to see that when it aired at the annual film festival here, man it was a great film. I really enjoyed it, especially the fact that they showed so much more to the skinhead culture then just the racist aspect of it. Skinheads weren't originally racists/Nazis. What'd you think of it?

Brilliant. Hopefully this film will educate people when I tell them I'm a skinhead. When I say that they assume I'm some sort of Nazi hugger.

All Shane Meadows films are awesome. Check out Dead Man's Shoes if you can get hold of it. Filmed about 10 miles from Big Jakes house.

Oh and who the fuck is Eli Dingle?

07828_150841_ELI_DINGLE_11.jpg

Nice skinhead. In an English soap opera now.

Jakey's an old skinhead ey? I loved the soundtrack to the film, perfect mix of old school ska (the REAL ska not that Less then Jake crap, reggae ska) and punk. Any movie that has both Toots and the Maytals and UK Subs in it is good by me.

I've been looking forever for a copy of Dead Man's Shoes, I'd wanted to see it long before I'd even heard of This is England, but alas my town doesn't seem to have any copies. You know what? I'm just gonna order it online right this second, I don't know why I never did before.

Anyways though, brilliant film for sure. You like any punk Big Jakey?

Not as much as I used to. I'm a bit more varied now. But I'm still a huge fan of Stiff Little Fingers. And I still see a lot of the local punk bands. There's quite a large punk scene in Stoke. Unfortunatley there's also a large selection of bigoted skinheads. Although there either getting smaller and smaller or I'm getting bigger and bigger. In my day the black lads would have left immediatley if any of them entered the Sugar Mill, but now there all scrawny bastards.

Stiff Little Fingers eh? The Irish Clash, amazing band. I could listen to Alternative Ulster for days on end. You really did not strike me at all as the type of lad who'd be involved in the local punk scene. Over here in my town in Rhode Island in the states the big thing these days is folk-punk. Good stuff, bands with ridiculious names that play great music like "This Bike is a Pipe Bomb" and "Defiance, Ohio". Good stuff.

My taste is very eclectic as well though. I can go from listening to old hardcore stuff like Black Flag or Angry Samoans to Miles Davis to Bob Dylan to The Doors to Johnny Cash to The Chemical Brothers to A Tribe Called Quest to The Smiths. I'm a huge fan of the Smiths, which in these parts is about equal to being a raging homosexual. I could care less though.

Haha I can just see a young skinhead Jake pogoing at some cheesy Sham 69 ripoff concert.

Nah. I've never done any sort of movement to music. I use the music as my insparation to get in girls pants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back