Bound For Glory: Global Championship - Eli Drake © VS Johnny Impact

ShinChan

Gone. For. Good.
In the latest episode, Johnny Impact earned the right to face Global Champion Eli Drake at Bound For Glory after defeating Garza Jr.

These two have faced each other in the past specifically on Victory Road where Eli Drake retained his title, thanks to a low blow.

I expect this match to be a better one though. I think that Impact should win the title as he's perfect to dethrone Eli Drake. I would've liked to see Impact face the Lashley, Moose, Ethan Carter III etc to increase his credibility but they all are engaged in personal feuds.

More excited for it as compared to the main event of Slammiversary.

Should be a great match, I would like to see Eli retain but I think they will put the belt on Impact, interesting to see if there will be someone help him out to nullify Adonis.

I've written this elsewhere, but Drake has to win this IMO. It's too soon to crown Impact champion, especially as Drake is really starting to carve his championship reign out. To me, this needs to be closer to Bobby Lashley than RVD. I'd personally like to see Drake hang onto the title for a lot longer before eventually losing it to Impact.

Out of every match on this card, it's probably the math that i'm looking to less foward to see. Nothing against those guys or the booking of the angle because they did as good as they could in building this match up, it's just that i can't really get into either one as world title material right now. Eli drake while really talented as become stale as the champion and everything that made him look like a millions bucks suddenly is becoming repetitive and boring.

As for Johnny Impact, same problem i had with him when he was in WWE, Great athlete, can do stuff that nobody can do in the ring, but as the charisma of a door nob. Plus since he doing all these high flying stuff, his offense something looks so fake, it's not even funny. I watch the main event of last night IMPACT in the beginning of the match, you have Johnny setting up for some high spot from the top rope and all the other guys looked like complete idiot waiting for Impact to climb to the top rope and make sure he's got his footing right before jumping into the group. Does guys waited a good 2 minutes doing absolutely nothing outside of holding themselves in positions and probably talking to each other while Johnny was setting up.

So in the end, i really hope that they do a angle last minute on the PPV with El Patron, if he'S still coming to the show because they really didn'T say anything this week about it, and insert him into this match because as much as i'm not a big fan of Alberto, he would make this match a lot more entertaining then what these 2 guys can put on together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back