ECW or Smackdown? Which better suits the Miz?

Sasori

Pope of Dope
So as we all know, Miz totally got burried on RAW, everything from the La-miz thing to the John Cena super man finish. And now that he's ehh 'banned' from RAW and Summer Slam, whats next for the Miz? Do you think he'll go to Smackdown or ECW? Or just get released? And if you do think he'll go to either Smackdown or ECW who do you think he will be feuding with?

I think he's gonna go to Smackdown but I can't tell who he could be feuding with. JoMo and Rey are good candidates but that would kill Zigglers push and if he feuded with JoMo, Morrison's main event push will be de-railed. Hmm but an interesting feud would be The Miz vs. Undertaker, hmm I just literally got a big fat grin on my face! I WANT MIZ TO FEUD WITH 'TAKER! (And not get buried lol.)

Who really gives a damn at this point? His character has no importance or credibility. He isn't on SummerSlam and he's banned from RAW, what more do you want to do with the Miz character? Where does he fit? I can't even think of something he can do other than feud with Morrison, and he'll get crushed in that feud probably too, because Morrison is on fire.

He's not that good in the ring, and his only saving grace was that he could cut an awesome promo. As of the last year or so unless it was HBK or JBL, the WWE sakes huge shits on great promos by either burying the wrestler or not letting them talk at ALL on the mic. (Why do you think Miz was so refreshing? He was allowed to talk).

With that said, do they have time for someone to just come out and talk? There's no room on ECW, and Smackdown! seems a little crowded too. Maybe this was a way to write his character off of TV for a while, if not to release him.

They started it up properly, but completely dropped the ball. Yeah it was against Cena the biggest name, yadda, yadda, random justification, etc, but fuck that. You can't bury your future before they even begin to take root. DQ win, Countout Win, all helps. Not squash and pin in the middle of the ring. What's the difference between Miz and say...Carlito or Chavo in the eyes of the fans? Nothing. 3 scrubs floating around doing nothing but jobbing, and getting their characters buried.

I think the Miz's RAW run was to see how he would hold up against main event talent and in his run with Cena, I think he held his own and was very entertaining. He generates great heat whenever his music hits and he had a couple of competitive matches with Cena.

Send him to Smackdown, let him have his feud with Morrison. The two of them should have some hilarious promos (the whole Dirt Sheet skit where it was revealed that the Miz had a date with a Star trek nerd was TREMENDOUS!) and should have some good matches together with JoMo coming out on top. Depending on how that goes, let the Miz make a run at the IC title and see how he does with a singles title. If he can't pull it off, send him to ECW, if he can, he should be set for upper mid card status on Smackdown or RAW in the future.

I agree, but if you were gonna pick i'd have to say ECW, he would be able to have fueds with the baby faces over there and possibly elevate to main event status of ECW, cause lets face it he's talented and good on the mike. When Miz and Morrison disbanded, Morrison went to smackdown and that was good, Miz should have stayed on ECW and grown more, developed, maybe had a heel turn or whatever before moving to a bigger brand. The Raw move was to early and he should go back and be a topish dog on ECW.

First off, on what fucking whim of a thought did creative make Miz leave RAW? People were saying that Vince wanted the Miz to be in the main event by Summerslam. Now he's "banned" from Summerslam as a whole? Not only that, but he has to leave RAW? I declare shenanigans. Well, perhaps I'm jumping the gun. Maybe Miz will really get on a roll on Smackdown. (I say Smackdown because if he goes to ECW, his career is over. I honestly can't see him going to ECW, however.) I'm just upset that creative hasn't done anything important with him yet.

If he can carve himself a niche in the upper tier against the other thousands of heels on Smackdown, then that's all the better. It sure is better than what he was doing on RAW; just floating between the midcard and main event. Although he possesses main event talent, I don't think he was ready for the main event as a character. If he catches on well on Smackdown, then his move from RAW will actually be a good thing.

They started it up properly, but completely dropped the ball. Yeah it was against Cena the biggest name, yadda, yadda, random justification, etc, but fuck that. You can't bury your future before they even begin to take root. DQ win, Countout Win, all helps. Not squash and pin in the middle of the ring. What's the difference between Miz and say...Carlito or Chavo in the eyes of the fans? Nothing. 3 scrubs floating around doing nothing but jobbing, and getting their characters buried.

I would say there is a great difference between Chavo and Carlito and the Miz. Chavo is losing to Hornswoggle and looking like a complete fool while doing so. Carlito is embroiled in a feud with his brother that, after watching their match last night, clearly no one is interested in.

The Miz, on the other hand, while jobbing, is in a feud with a 5 time heavyweight champion. I don't see any shame in him losing to someone of that championship caliber by any stretch of the imagination.

I think Smackdown is where the Miz should go from here. I think his experience puts him “above” being an ECW rising star (Superstar Initiative), but his experience also puts him “below” being an ECW veteran to help the newer stars (Christian, Regal, Goldust, Dreamer). I’d like to see the Miz in a feud with Morrison, maybe even revisit and remix the feud Miz, Morrison and Punk had over the ECW Title, this time for the World Title. Some may say too soon, but why not??

Thats a good idea, maybe not over the title though, Miz as World Champ...not for me. But i too liked those three having a kick ass fued on ECW. Nice one! :D

I realize that the Miz may not be “ready” for a World Title run, but could you imagine a Triple Threat Title match between these three, where out of nowhere, the Miz steals the victory?? This sets up Morrison (and Punk) chasing after the World Title that the Miz holds. He might make a great Heel World Championbut I could see an IC Title feud working just as well. Who knows, maybe the Sarge brings the Miz back to Raw.

what if the wwe were using this as an angle to get him off tv, because of a drug violation? remember when regal was busted, he got "fired" from the gm position when he lost a match to kennedy. so that might be why he is banned from raw and summerslam (30 days or 60 days??)

i like miz and i get it, cena is superman and he can' job to anyone but damn he has killed miz in every match they've had.
Miz is actually good on the mic and has decent wrestling skillz, if anything i see him now in smackdown feuding with the UNDERTAKER LOL but seriously mayb a triple threat us title match at summerslam.

I was 100% upset at the outcome of the match. I thought maybe Miz would finally win. Why drop him after him being one of the top heels? Who is the only heel people care about besides Orton? Anyone? Okay, maybe Jericho and Big Show and a tad bit of Jack Swagger but come on. Miz was great, entertaining and I loved all of the promos. Now, no SummerSlam and Raw?! Well, these options ran through my head as to why this is happening...

1. We find he violated the Wellness Policy and is suspended.
2. He has a movie/television show he's doing and needs to film it.
3. Jeremy Piven reinstates him to Raw/SummerSlam before his Guest Host duties ended and he comes out on next week's Raw
4. He is moved to another show
5. "Future Endevoured"

I don't like it. This proves that people behind the scenes really don't want the spotlight taken away from them...we'll see.

I would say there is a great difference between Chavo and Carlito and the Miz. Chavo is losing to Hornswoggle and looking like a complete fool while doing so. Carlito is embroiled in a feud with his brother that, after watching their match last night, clearly no one is interested in.

The Miz, on the other hand, while jobbing, is in a feud with a 5 time heavyweight champion. I don't see any shame in him losing to someone of that championship caliber by any stretch of the imagination.

You are telling me the Miz has more credibility than those two? If he got in the ring with Hornswaggle at this point a loss to the troll wouldn't be out of the question. Seriously think about what I just said....

If the Miz lost to Hornswaggle with some kind of stupid okie doke pin would you be surprised? If he was in a match with Primo would you automatically say Miz wins? If he faught anyone other than a notable face jobber right now (Jimmy Wang Yang, or maybe R-Truth) and he lost would you be surprised? I don't think the so. The character has no importance man, its not needed to progress anything from a television standpoint right now. Maybe later, but now, no importance.

He's no longer on the "A" show and he won't be at the 2nd biggest PPV of the year (as per the storyline). How is he a level above Chavo or Carlito? At least they are on RAW now.

At this point it has to be SMACKDOWN. If he goes back to ECW The Miz will be back where he was when he first went there, when he is much better then that. He deserves to be in a upper midcar push on Friday Nights going after John Morrison or even Rey Mysterio. Have him this Friday interrupt the WHC Title Match and then have Morrison make the save. Then at Summerslam Fatal 4 Way giving Miz and Morrison big credibility then have them go through a good 2 month feud.

Miz fits in well with what Smackdown is trying to accomplish. Smackdown is the "wrestling show" with the better part of 2 hours filled with wrestling matches and less talk. Miz can immediately enter the ranks of the Smackdown mid-card and feud with Morrison, Ziggler, Hardy, Mysterio, Punk, and Hardy. The best thing about Smackdown right now is without the presence of the Undertaker, the smaller guys are getting a chance to get put over as legit main eventers. I feel like Smackdown is heading towards a Punk-Hardy-Morrison WHC Match at Summerslam, so what better chance for Miz to enter the fray by possibly interfering with the result of that match? Think about it, Miz and Morrison exited their run with heat on Draft Night, putting Morrison over as a face, so why not have "the Greatest Tag Team of the 21st Century" immediately feud? Punk-Hardy seems to be the rivalry they want to push right now, so by entering the Miz into the picture allows that feud to continue while giving Morrison something high profile to do.

All in all, Miz has the tools to get over and succeed, but Raw was not the right venue. He is buried on that show, with no title opportunities in the horizon and a fleeting rivalry with John Cena where Cena won't let Miz get over by continuously squashing him. The Miz needs a place to grow and Smackdown is that place.

i would say that smackdown suits the miz better.

the potential fueds for him are very exciting. id personally love to see miz and morrison go at it. we never really got a grudge match between the two and id love to see it. both mens in ring work is at its best so far and both are great on the mic.
a programme with mysterio would also be fun as mysterio has the ability to make the fans care for nearly anyone. and most of us hate the miz anyway. mysterios also a great, experienced worker and i thing both mens styles compliment each other well.
also the miz would make a great addition to the decreasing members of the smackdown main event. edge, y2j?????, hardy, taker. all out of the main event scene and smackdown is the perfect place to get the mid cards up to main event standard. smackdown will be a great show if the miz, morrison, sum what CM punk although hes already in the main event, Ziggler too i have i high hopes for.

anyways miz to smackdown!

i would love to see miz go to smackdown now. raw is too crowded with midcarders doing nothing. carlito, swagger, bourne, henry, masters. but on smackdown, theres only like 4 ppl capable of being world champion, and two of em busy. rey is ic champ, and wont be world champ for a long time to come, maybe never again to be honest. jericho and big show are doin something. zigglers not there yet, give him a run at the ic title. jomo is very capable at this point in time. cm punk and jeff are the only two left. i left out taker cuz i dont see him coming back till after summerslam anyways. this leaves a spot for the miz. he can come in and sort of take over edges role. not replace cuz he could never do that! but he could be a solid 3rd heel the show needs right now. he has all the potential in the world, and he reminds alot of edge. i could easily imagine him with the world title, eff the ic title. plus when jeff leaves at summerslam, theyre going to need him alot more. this will allow to take over as the top face and world champ. morrison is gonna be world champ before the year is over. mark my words. this will also force rey to temporarily be in the main event. he could even be world champ. jeez im contradictin myself. but yea, top faces morrison, rey & taker. top heels cm punk, miz and jericho

I think this means that the WWE has lost faith in Dolph Ziggler, what little faith they had to beging with. Smackdown has a tradition of young and up and coming heels, i.e. MVP, Cena, Kennedy and Carlito. These are guys that the smarks get behind and cheer for, they are good on the mics and break the traditional heel mode. These superstars were, at one time, a reason to turn in on Friday, or Thursday, nights.

Dolph was in this spot, but somehow I feel that he has lost it. His lack of TV time an being out of the I.C. title picture, for the time being states that they need a new marketable heel.

With Hardy coming off the show and the Undertakers easy schedule, Mysterio will need to carry the load. Morrison will be relied on for the upper-mid card and a feud with The Miz would be entertaining. I hated seeing The Miz go over to Raw, I thought he should have stayed on ECW to establish himself more. But, Cena needs to look like a combination of Jesus, Chuck Norris and Bruce Lee,so he got burried.

Smackdown needs a superstar like The Miz to get people to tune in every Friday to see what he will do next.

I think Smackdown is the right choice. Over there he can get exposure, but on the 2 hour show can delay confrontations with top talent, until he is ready.

Couple of excellent points, I did not think aobut the fact he could have violated the wellness policy and this was a good way to get him off TV. The whole being banned from Summerslam thing doesn't surprise me though. The only fued he has going is with Cena and Cena is facing Orton so I didn't see him having a match there anyhow. There is also the chance that one of the upcoming guest hosts reinstates him on Raw.

I was really annoyed last night though, the lumberjacks all whopped Cena every time he came out of the ring, yet the Miz still didn't stand a chance. Does it make any sense at all to bury a guy you give as much TV time to as the Miz? Why the fuck was he on TV so much if they weren't trying to push him? I think this whole Cena program has basically made the Miz look weak. Sure he was weak before, but nobody noticed because he wasn't on TV as much and wasn't in a program with the biggest star. Now everybody knows he sucks.

Anyway hopefully he doesn't go to ECW, although I don't really see where he fits on Smackdown. Smackdown did take a huge hit with the loss of Edge, so moving the Miz over could be a way of making up for that, but he is not a main eventer like Edge was.

There is a chance of a feud with the Undertaker, Teddy Long could declare his new acquisition this week even, Miz may come out and challenge Smackdown's biggest star The Undertaker. Knowing full well that he is not coming out and we could have the Cena feud all over again.

Miz would be a complete waste on ECW, as it is the Developmental League show (by Vince's very own words). Why take him from ECW to Raw, only to put him back in ECW again?

WWE better get their asses in gear with creating new stars. It certainly seems that whatever their criteria is for promoting people up the roster may be the problem.

With that in mind, Miz would do much better on Smackdown. That is the more watched show of the two, and Miz has already proved that he can have decent matches. He is great on the mic. Plus, with Morrison on Smackdown as well, that would also produce an interesting feud.

I'm really not sure why they brought Miz to Raw in the first place, only to job him to Cena, and then get rid of him. Seems like a real waste. Actually, both Miz and Morrison should have held either the Intercontinental Title or U.S. Championship by now. Absolutely no excuse on why that hasn't transpired yet. But that's WWE Creative for you. Maybe one day they will get their collective heads out of their asses. Yeah, right.

sunee boy either you dont understand wrestling and its workings as far as character enhancement goes,...or you are just plain dumb.....Miz was brought over to be elevated, period, stop end of story.....he then ended up in a program, albeit a short one, with the biggest name in the company. He absolutely held his own, as far as build up goes , through promos and spots, and even promoting a winning streak that never happened, giving off the appearnce of Cena being afraid and not wanting to face Miz.....then when they did get into the ring and Miz was afforded the chance to hold up his end of the match, he did so very very well on the Raw post Nof C.

Im not sure where exactly it weent wrong or even if it has ended for Miz on Raw....take note of Piven being the one who set the whole thing up for Miz to "be banned", yet at the end of the match he turns on Cena, with no explanation or lead in.....it doesnt make sense what the hell the WWe is doing or trying to do.....At what point did Miz not become good wnough to be on Raw....I for one certainly would take Miz over an MVP in a new york second......im still waiting for someone to explain to me , or figure out the whole piven swerve thing, and after the match at that...it seems that if they were going to go at Cena, why not do it during the match, and put Miz over.....the problem isnt with the Miz here folks, its with the WWe and its booking of this whole thing. It was ridiculous. He shouldnt have never been brought to Raw at all, if he was going to be done in 8 weeks or so....hence my thought that it isnt actually going to happen and we will see the Miz on mondays for weeks and months to come....!!

P.S. is it me or was the little jap doctor a complete idiot on that show....I think he totally took away from Piven being ARI Gold-ish out there last night....his schtick had no place last night....

The Miz is just the latest victim of terrible booking and another fine example of the WWE dropping the ball on developing young talent. Hopefully, the WWE proves me wrong and has some larger scheme at work for the Miz. This guy has improved so much over the past year in every way possible. He is great on the mic, has become fairly solid in the ring and he has a desire to succeed in this business because he loves wrestling.

There can still be a future for the Miz in the WWE, but they are going to have to come up with a storyline that is believeable. Send him to Smackdown with a new pissed off attitude. Miz being banned from RAW should light a fire under the character. It should be Miz's turn to beat up on some people. If Miz was given a string of victories over some mid card talent, it could restore some of the credibility he worked so hard for over the past year.

I made a miz thread a couple weeks backs before all this happened, when he wrestled primo and I thought he was finished with his fued with Cena. I said miz should go to smackdown and everyone said that was a bad idea. Now pretty much everyone thinks that would be good for him. Of course no one including me saw the ”E” doing this to the miz. I said in my thread I wanted the fued to continue and now I wish it hadn't. For all the good the fued with Cena did for him, last night took all that away. I like the miz he has great mic skills and just needs a little more work in the ring. Hopefully he will build some credibility on smackdown. Fueds with rey and Morrison should be good. But it was one of the most dissapointing moments in a while.

I was 100% upset at the outcome of the match. I thought maybe Miz would finally win. Why drop him after him being one of the top heels? Who is the only heel people care about besides Orton? Anyone? Okay, maybe Jericho and Big Show and a tad bit of Jack Swagger but come on. Miz was great, entertaining and I loved all of the promos. Now, no SummerSlam and Raw?! Well, these options ran through my head as to why this is happening...

1. We find he violated the Wellness Policy and is suspended.
2. He has a movie/television show he's doing and needs to film it.
3. Jeremy Piven reinstates him to Raw/SummerSlam before his Guest Host duties ended and he comes out on next week's Raw
4. He is moved to another show
5. "Future Endevoured"

I don't like it. This proves that people behind the scenes really don't want the spotlight taken away from them...we'll see.

I was thinking the same thing on the wellness policy suspension, it's a pretty logical point. Maybe he's being sent back to developmental or ECW.

As Hardy will inevitably drop the title at some point, it would be nice to see how WWE Creative plan this out. It seems that Smackdown no longer has any long running main-eventers in the picture, so with The Miz's supposed "ban" from Raw, it would be nice to see him become part of the Hardy-Punk storyline, which also leaves room for Morrison to slot in.

Morrison has been teased as becoming part of the fued, and The Miz could make the transmission that much smoother for Morrison to be elevated into the Title Picture. As things were left pretty open for them at the Draft, if Miz is taken directly to Smackdown, he could, as previously mentioned, intervene in the WHC Match this coming Smackdown and also have Morrison become involved, which would create That Fatal 4-Way at Summerslam.

As far as ECW goes, The Miz just wouldn't fit in. It's possible for him to be put in the ECW Title Picture, but that seems dominated by Christian & Dreamer matches. Smackdown seems the place for Miz for the time being. Once he's been over there for a while, possible an I-C Title Reign on him, he could be lifted from his "ban" and return to RAW, but only if Creative plan to use him right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back