• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

ECW is gonna be dead this time next year

Status
Not open for further replies.
riceandco said:
Let's face the facts. ECW, compared to that of yesteryear, is Crap with a capital C. Extreme? My Ass. Championship? They have 1. WTF? Wrestling? Unfortunately, less and less often.

The bottom line is if Vince wants ECW to be a success, IMO, he's got one damn option. Fake the selling of ECW. Give Heyman back his leather jacket, his chair swingin', extreme SOBs and his low budget television. Fuck, even put it on a different channel. Pretend to know nothing about it. Invade one another occasionally. Let ECW and Paul Heyman's majestic creative powers be inde-fucking-pendant for once.

I'm sorry if I'm going over the top, but quite frankly, I'm pissed. ECW was awesome, period. This stuff was Hardcore. But now, the Innovator of Violence, basically the former KING of ECW is no-where? Some WWE blow-in who wouldn't know Extreme if it hit him in the face is Champion?

Vince, I've got two words for you. And they're not Suck It. Fuck You. You put on the best damn wrestling shows full stop. Yes TNA has potential. Bbut most will admit, WWE is the benchmark. Yet every week you rob us. You rob true ECW fans. Every Tuesday on Sci-Fi you rob us and take us further away from the spectacular, incredibly extreme ECW. Somebody give the guy a good slap and tell him to wake up, or ECW's a sunken ship.

I'm sorry if I've gone overboard, but the anger had to come out somehow.

The old ECW is never coming back. A public company like WWE with their production value will not have one of there shows look like it's low budget. ECW is trying to go forward, not backwards.

The initial ONS kind of gave some people that idea that WWE might go all out if they ever brought back ECW full time but it was never that likely to expect "ECW" rather it was more realistic to expect it as WWE calling itself ECW. I hate to say it but anyone who thought that Vince would suddenly change his philosphies just because he happened to have a brand called ECW was kidding themselves. Why would he have ECW go all out beyond the ppv, but not his other two shows?

With that being said I do understand why people would make comparisons. After all, while it may be a new version of ECW it still has the word "extreme" in the title so naturally people will be dumbfounded when only certain matches are given that designation. Sure the new version of "extreme" doesn't have to be like it's namesake but at the same time, having the new version only be occasional definately is going to turn away a lot of viewers.

The key is to realize that what we get it what we get. People don't have to like it at all, but it's what it is. While some may say that it's shitting on ECW's legacy, the truth is that the legacy remains. Everything that happened in the actual ECW already happened, that can't be taken away...none of it. If anything the "purpose" is being tarnished but NOT the legacy but again, if we understand why the purpose has changed, we may be able to accept the new ECW for what it is now, while still loving what it once was. There are some minor things that make the ECW brand different from the other two brands. Yes it has "WWE" written all over it but it also has a few things that stand out as being a bit different, as minor as they may be.

Essentially what we're getting is similar to when a television show is "remade" into a movie or when a movie itself is remade into a movie. There will be similar elements, similar characters, and usually the same name, but duplicating the original will be unlikely, but fully expected. People don't have to see those remakes any more than they have to watch ECW. Fortunately the things that people rave about from ECW's past can still be viewed through many outlets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back