DDP vs. Delirious

• DDP

• Delirious

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
The following matchup takes place in the ECW Region under Extreme Rules, from Dallas, TX.

#16. Diamond Dallas Page
ddptitle.jpg

vs.

Delirious
deliriousnew.jpg

Delirious is an oddity, and quite interesting in his own way I suppose. But Diamond Dallas Page is also quite a strange creature in that he didn't hit the big time until he was in his 40s.

Page rarely succumbed to underdogs, and I think he has the edge in this match up. I may look a little more into delerious before definitely deciding, but I don't think it'll change my opinion. Page wins.

The difference here is that DDP has one big move in his arsenal that put anyone down. It's his one out that can get him through anythign and I think it gets him through this too. Delirious is someone you should go watch for the sheer insanity of his character, but DDP Diamond Cuts him to move on.

It's a landslide victory here for 'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page. Diamond Dallas Page, was WCW's Peoples Champion. Whenever 'Self High Five' hits, the crowd would be in their feet. The Diamond Cutter was a move that could come out of nowhere and put anyone down. If DDP hits the Diamond Cutter on Delirious then he'd be gone. I'll be voting for DDP here. He should and will win this round.

I love Delirious.

He's the only guy in the whole of Ring of Honour who I'll confess to being a fan of. He puts so much effort and creativity into his gimmick, even is he's just performing in front of three dozen people in a basement somewhere.

His charicter is fresh, funny, and memorable; whilst at the same time doesn't get in the way of his in ring ability. Which is passable. I'm not overly sold on his matches, but the character is enough to prevent me from changing channel.

That being said, DDP is another on of my old favourites. He was innovative, entertaining and remarkably solid inside the ring. He was the kind of ring technician that I liked, in that he worked something of a technical style, but didn't over blow it to the point of looking like a farce.

The Diamond Cutter should also go down as one of the best finishers in wrestling history. Most finishers get over souley based on who it is using them (There is nothing special about a stunner or a tombstone), the Diamond Cutter in contrast got over based on how it was used. "Being able to come out of nowhere" is a line the announcers feed us constantly, which is hardly ever true. Orton doesn't hit the RKO out of nowhere, he hits it under very consistant circumstances.

DDP really could finish a match at any point. I've seen him pull a cutter out as a logical country to dozens of different moves. He's transferred into it from a fireman's carry, an inverted face lock, a power bomb and many other holds.

I like both guys, but I'm going with DDP here.

From what I've read about Delirious, he reminds me a bit of Kizarny. But, with some level of talent, and with a kickass entrance theme. That probably won't stop DDP from using about 20 of the 53 ways to hit a Diamond Cutter in this match. His antics may throw DDP off a bit, but all he needs is to get his hands on him once to end it.

I'll have to look up some video before actually voting, but I'm pretty sure DDP gets my final vote.

Delirious may throw DDP off his game a little bit but when Delirious gets a little overconfident, say hello to the Diamond Cutter. DDP wins.

What the fuck how can Delirious get over confident in this match? HE is fucking Nuts! that makes him harder to hit the Diamond cutter. Combine in the fact that DDPs prime is when he is in his mid to late 40s. That says something about him there, Delirious is probably only starting to get to his physical prime in Wrestling. Did I mention that Delirious is Fucking Nuts! Combine in the fact that this is ECW and Im pretty Damned sure Delirious is Fucking Nuts! so it being an ECW match does that not mean that the Fucking Nuts! one will make the most effective use of the weaponry he can use. Remember kids, Delirious is Fucking Nuts!

[youtube]zVa49EwJj0w[/youtube]

A vote for DDP is a vote for a finisher and not the Wrestler.

I'm a fan of Delirious, but to this point, he hasn't proven much to me besides being an extraordinary gimmick. Diamond Dallas Page got white hot during the middle of the NWO angle, a heat that even had me impressed. The guy went from relative obscurity to King of the Company in the span of about a year. He's had nasty wars with Randy Savage that will do more then help him out in a matchup with Delirious. DDP, Bang.

I know I'm going to be in the minority here, but Delirious takes this match in my book. DDP had one great move that he rode his entire career. Other than the Diamond Cutter, there was nothing special about him. In fact, he didn't even land on my Top 100 list. I think Delirious is a fantastic combination of old school meets new school. His unorthodox style in the ring makes him impossible to read. Page puts up a good fight, but Delirious wins the match.

I got DDP here in a close one. DDP gets that split second to hit the diamond cutter and that is it for Delirious. DDP will definitely have a tough time with him though, as Delirious will do whatever he can to throw DDP off his game and for the majority of the match it will probably work, but once DDP over comes it, Delirious is finished.

Hmmm...this is a tough one. In the end, I'm going to go with DDP. Although ROH is essentially a continuation of ECW (given that Rob Feinstein founded it), something tells me that DDP would be more over than Delirious in ECW, even though Delirious has the advantage over DDP of being associated with it to some degree. Admittedly, Page never had the natural talent that many wrestlers have, and he started at a late age, but he oozed charisma. And, charisma got you far in ECW. So, kayfabe, I think DDP would pull out the win over Delirious.

DAY DAY PAY!

SELF HIGH FIVE!

Diamond Dallas Page was one of my favourite wrestlers of WCW, and he was great for a few reasons. He was great because he was the people's true champion. He did everything with the fan s for the fans. I really think the crowd of ECW would love him for that reason. He has had a few hardcore matches of himself, and is able to take a beating. While Delirious is freaking out, Diamond Dallas Page would cut him down for the pin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back