ECW Dallas, Round 3, Match 1: #1 Steve Austin vs. #16 Dallas Page

Steve Austin v.s DDP

• Stunner

• Diamond Cutter

Results are only viewable after voting.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
The following match takes place in the ECW Region, under Extreme Rules, from Dallas, TX.

#1. "Stone Cold" Steve Austin
Steve_Austin_456651a.jpg

vs.

#16. Diamond Dallas Page
pro.3.600.jpg

I'm goin' with Austin in this one. It's not really much of a close call for me. I sometimes give Page a lotta grief, but I do have some respect for the guy. He started wrestling at 35 and did become a big star in a big company. But, first and foremost to me, he'll always be tied to that fiasco involving David Arquette winning the title. Granted, the title's credibility had suffered some tremendous hits before then, but this incident simply killed it for me.

Besides, he's going against Stone Cold Steve Austin, he's not going over in this match. It's just all there is to it.

I HAVE to go with Austin on this one, and it really isn't a close call for me.

I'll give Page credit. Ignoring the joke he became in the WWE back in 2001-2002, he did really well for himself in WCW. He competed against some of the best ever, and won a good share of matches. The master of the Diamond Cutter was a three time WCW champion, and this came in a time period with Sting, Hogan, Nash, and Flair all around and competing for the gold. So, Page is definately no slouch, but I just can't vote for him here.

Stone Cold Steve Austin WAS the face of wrestling for a good period of time. When Page was on top of WCW, Austin was on top of WWE. Austin headlined Wrestlemanias, beating some of the best ever in The Rock and Shawn Michaels. He beat up Kurt Angle, Triple H, Scott Hall, The Undertaker, Kane, and many others on a near weekly basis. That is just too much for Page to contend with here.

Page may be the better wrestler, but Austin doesn't need to wrestle here. This is ECW, the brawler's playground. Austin could and would use any and everything possible to beat DDP up. Then he'd drink a beer, hit a Stunner, get the win, and drink some more.

Austin wins this.

Crazy-ass pictures too, lol.

DDP was well above average in his time i'll give him that but he is going up against a pure whoop ass machine. A man who almost always dictates the pace, which will be an in your face keep attacking style, in which i dont think DDP can match. I'm not even going to bring up the fact Austin has proven he is far more likely to use weapons and not have a problem with that. Steve Austin is the better brawler, better technician, and far more experienced, and i';; even give the diamond cutter the same "it can be hit out of nowhhere" aspect like the stunner can. Austin will force the pace and if DDP doesnt match it he will get a mud hole stomped in him like no other, and i f he tries to match he will make a mistake. Austin goes over in this one easily with the Stunner followed by yet another beer bash.

My Pick : "Stone Cold" Steve Austin

I remember back in middle school, Goldberg vs. Austin was the match everyone wanted to see. But not me. I wanted to see Austin vs. Diamond Dallas Page.

DDP was one of my favorite wrestlers back then. He was the only guy who I wouldn't turn on for defeating Raven. I absolutely loved the guy. I had his black and blue T-Shirt that everyone seemed to have at the time, and his fucking action figure. The dude was just the shit to me.

Steve Austin, on the other hand, I couldn't stand. He wiped out two of my favorite wrestlers of all time in Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels, and then started a program against The Rock, who was my favorite wrestler in the WWF once Michaels left and before Jericho got there. The only time I remember ever really rooting for Austin was during the programs against 'Taker and Vince. 'Taker I hated since I was a kid, and Vince was just annoying.

But yeah.. overall, I hated Austin and adored DDP. And even though DDP vs. Randy Savage from The Great American Bash 1998 is better than any 'hardcore' match Austin has ever had, I still have to give my vote to Austin. If these two were to meet in ECW in my hometown, I'd be there front row with my DDP Shirt on, but I would know there would be no chance in hell of DDP winning the match. It'd be a great one, but Austin ends up being victorious.

EDIT: Eh, I'm actually voting for DDP now. He's getting his ass kicked anyway, so it doesn't matter.

I was quite into Page as a youngster, but I really never got into Austin fully, he was ok, it was all about the Brood and DX s for Tastycles jr. I was a fan of Page in WCW, but again not that much really.

However, there is no doubt in my mind that a guy near the top at the time would have lost to the guy at the very top in the same era. That is the case we have here, and I have to give it to Austin. This would be a long one probably, but Austin would knock it up a notch and hit the stunner for the win.

such an Awesome picture, with Stunning Steve and Paul E with the gangsta cell phone.

Er yea, no chance. As much as I loved thew DDP "celebrate with the crowd" days, he cant hold a candle to Austin in his apex, in an insane enviornment. I tend to think DDP gets eaten alive here. He is good. but SCSA is head and shoulders above DDP in just about every faucet of the game. Would be a fantastic match though

DDP got over because of one move. He was ok in the ring, but the only things he did that got a reaction was the beginning of his theme song and his finishing move. He's another example of someone that might not have gotten over without the help of his neighbor, Eric Bischoff. DDP was ok, but his career is really quite forgettable.

Austin on the other hand almost single handedly saved the WWF. He put that company on his back and carried them throguh the darkest time they have ever had while getting so many ear splitting ovations it's hard to fathom. he was the king of wrestling at the time and is still considered a God today. Without DDP, some other face would have popped up to take his place. Without Austin, WWF died. That makes this relatively one sided.

Ah well, I was hoping DDP would go far, but it ends here for him. Like jmt, I hated Austin back in high school. I literally couldn't stand to watch him, and I'd always dreamed of the day that he met Goldberg face to face. But honestly, that match wouldn't have been as good as DDP/Austin.

From '97 - '99, DDP was one of the best workers in the business. He was great on the mic, had loads of fan support, sold lots of merchandise, and he was very good in the ring. The feud with Savage was one of the highlights of 1997, which culminated in one of my all-time favourite matches at the Great American Bash. His match with Goldberg at Halloween Havoc 1998 was bar none the best match in WCW of that year, top 3 if we're including every promotion. The world title match he had with Sting on an episode of Nitro in 1999 is the best free TV wrestling match I've ever seen. Just fantastic. His WWF run was poor, for what I think are two reasons, one being how he was booked; just plain bad. Along with that, I think his health was deteriorating a little at that time. He was well into his 40's, and just wouldn't have been able to keep up with the younger guys. A shame really, as I felt he would have worked well with the WWF/E roster had he joined two years prior.

So DDP has quite a good resume, a three time world champion, two time US champion, feud of the year and a slew of very good matches.

But he's facing Austin. What this man did for the business and what he accomplished gives him an easy win here. And while Austin will get my vote and undoubtedly win this match-up, give me latter '90's DDP over Austin any day.

I love that DDMe got this draw because I personally hated DDP. Nothing to take away from his limited wrestling skills and mic work, because he did go over Sting, Flair, and Savage to win his first Heavyweight title, but c'mon. We're talking about the face of a generation. We're talking about a man who's beaten FAR better wrestlers, and a man who's not in the same hemisphere as most people.

Stone Cold is the obvious choice, because Austin is underrated in one department...thinking. He's a damn good thinker in the ring. He likes to kick ass and chew bubble gum as much as anyone, but he can wrestle. He'd wear DDP down and never get caught in the Diamond Cutter.

Now, we'll get some people that will say, "DDP's move is so sudden...the Diamond Cutter can end it in no time." You don't think Austin knows that? Hurt neck and all? WHAT?

Besides, DDP got his start way late in life, and Austin is simply the best in his generation and has beaten them all. And he adds DDMe to the list, drinks beer, then gets a feel of Kimberly's 'good stuff' to boot.

Although I did enjoy DDP in WCW, especially with the Jersey Triad, you simply can't go past Stone Cold. DDP probaly has more hardcore experience, so Extreme rules might benefit him more, but Austin is a world class brawler and would pummel DDP and leave him stunned and out cold.

Someone throw Austin some beers, he needs to celebrate.

I love the Diamond Cutter more than the Stunner, but Austin is more at home here. This would start out as a wrestling match, where Page would stand a chance, but Austin will toss him out of the ring, and start beating him with everything from a beer can to a cooler. I'd love to see it, and it'd be a good match, but Austin wins.

This is a match that I would have paid good money to see. DDP desreves all the credit int he world to go from the guy that drove Rhthym and Blues to the ring at Mania 6 to being a franchise guy in WCW less then a decade later. He turned the Diamond Cutter into a big time finishing maneuver, and really excelled with the ability to hit it out of nowhere.

Austin and DDP are evenly matched, and I think the crowd is goign to go silent when DDP hits the Diamond Cutter out of nowhere, and nearly steals the match. In the end though, Too Much Austin, and he'll go on.

DDP was my favortie WCW wrestler, I think he's vastly underrated by alot of people and overall I like him better than Austin. That being said, Austin wins here. It'd be a very entertaining, back and forth all-out-brawl, but in the end the Rattlesnake wins it. Sucks that DDP got this as his second round matych, I was hoping he'd go deeper.

I mistakenly voted for DDP because I thought it said WCW. O well. DDP was one hell of a wrestler. He was very entertaining, and he can hit the Cutter out of nowhere. When I was younger I would have paid big bucks to see this match. DDP was my favorite WCW wrestler. So, I am gonna validate my pick by saying Austin attempts to hit DDP with a chair, DDP ducks and hits the Cutter out of nowhere. Winner DDP...

Austin by a landslid over Page in this one... Its in Austins home state of Texas and whenever he's there the crowd is just so behind him. Austin in my opinion is more a brawler then page thus the Extreme rules helps him in this one, even though Page is pretty equipped in no dq matches. I just can't go against Austin, his tenacity, intensity and ability to brawl like theres no tomorrow makes me pick him over Page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back