• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

DVDs, I'm Calling You Out!

Coco

Mid-Card Championship Winner
Why are you such a sensitive bitch, DVD technology? Why can't you stand up to anything?

When I was young, we used VHS tapes. You could drop those things as many times as you want and hold them in any way you choose. They might not have had the greatest picture quality in the world and I can't dispute that you hold more information. Sure, I don't have to rewind you. But at least VHS technology could take its lumps like a fucking man.

No, I couldn't have run them over with my car. But at least they still play in spite of tiny spots that nothing in particular seemed to cause. I mean, really. You stop working correctly for no good reason at all.

Fuck you, DVD technology. And your hot cousin, Blu Ray. I long for the day where we replace discs as a format.

I still use my VHS player!

Plus you can't beat these

Do DVDs even remind you of the film certificate? I think not!

I could imagine the cards costing a bit, given good HD Movie SD cards (for camcorders) cost a minimum of around £50 in the UK.

Plus they would be a lot more easier to misplace.

screw DVDs. They sucks. I still have TONS of my VHS tapes and still use them incessantly. Besides, where else can you purchase like 8 vhs tapes from a CD Tradepost for like $1.50? I can get all the best of Chris Farley, Adam Sandler and some of the coolest Brat Pack movies and other shitty leftovers and use them for White Elephant gifts...lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back