Dudleyville Region, First Round: (13) Fabulous Freebirds vs. (52) Headshrinkers

Who Wins This Matchup?

• Fabulous Freebirds

• Headshrinkers

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a first round match in the Dudleyville Region. It's a standard tag team match held in the Dudleyville Stadium.

Dudleyville.8.gif

Fabulous_Freebirds.jpg

13. Fabulous Freebirds (Michael Hayes/Terry Gordy/Buddy Roberts)

Due to the Freebird Rule, the Freebirds can pick any combination for the match.

Vs.

03.jpg

52. Headshrinkers

Vote for who you feel is the better team. The poll will be open for THREE days starting approximately twenty four hours after this thread is posted. Use the time to argue and defend your choices. In the case of a tie, the team with more written votes will win. Only one vote per user.

Remember that this is a non-spam section and posts that do not meet our spam requirements will not count.

The 3 Freebirds in any combination are more than a match for the Headshrinkers here. The former Samoan Swat Team put on a good fight, but dirty tricks by the Freebirds make all the difference.

Winners: The Freebirds

Did these guys ever wrestle each other in the NWA? I know they teamed up for a War Games match but I don't know if they were ever opponents. Anyway, my instinct is to vote for the Freebirds. I see this being a good first round brawl but the Freebirds will outsmart the Headshrinkers and use the numbers to their advantage.

Hoo boy, this is close. The Headshrinkers, as the SST, actually wrestled Hayes in World Class, and would trade the World Class Tag straps with Hayes and Cox several times. However, this is the Freebirds we are talking about. Terry Gordy was still young at the time, and sadly was taken too young. As great as the SST/Headshrinkers were, I see the Freebirds winning this near riot of a match.

I don't know that there was ever a true Freebirds/SST matchup. In WCCW, the SST was there during that Freebirds split where Hayes was a face... and in the NWA, I believe it was the Hayes/Garvin Freebird combo that fought them.

But here, the Freebirds are just too important a team to drop a match to the SST/Headshrinkers. Not to take anything away from the SST, but they just weren't the 'birds.

I see the Gordy/Roberts combo handling this match, with Hayes on the outside. The Shrinkers get on a good roll while Roberts bumps like a madman for them, but then PS Hayes turns the tide, and Bam Bam reminds everyone why he was one of the best big man workers in the business, and finishes them off.

While I think the Shrinkers are a fine team in their own right, I just feel the Freebirds were a tighter unit. Freebird rule comes into play and they get the win.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back